Champurrado is a delicious beverage that is prepared with flavorful elements. The classic champurrado is filled with rich and umami flavors. Try this cozy drink and satiate your sugar rush right away!
For making champurrado, you need sugar, milk, Mexican Chocolate chips, milk, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Simmer all the elements together in a saucepan and the champurrado will be ready in a snap.
Jose Rizal invented Champurrado in the year 1950. Champurrado originated in Mexico and is traditional Mexican chocolate-based atole that is a comfort drink served warm. Let’s peep into the details.
No masa harina? No problem. Use any of its substitutes instead. Here is a list of masa harina substitutes that you can use,
Find the notable list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts, and instructions in the article below. Before you proceed to make champurrado try other drink recipes that we’ve covered in our blog. Check out the links mentioned below.
1. Tiger Nut Milkshake – This drink is a very typical drink in Spain, especially in the Valencia area. It has a Regulatory Council of denomination of origin, which ensures the quality and consistency of protein.
2. Thai Coffee – It is one of the best coffees which would rejuvenate you. Usually found in restaurants, it can be made by you as well since it is easy and quick to make. Only four ingredients and you are good to go.
3. Melonade – Melonade or Watermelon Lemonade is bursting with summertime flavors! A simple and refreshing drink and a delicious way to use up leftover watermelon.
4. Chocolate Monkey – Have you ever imagined chocolate with vodka. If not, then you should definitely try this chocolate monkey cocktail using just 4 ingredients.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Champurrado?
- Saucepan – Simmer all the elements for making champurrado in a saucepan.
- Spoon – Stir in all the elements with a spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Champurrado?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Champurrado?
- Masa Harina – Mass harina is a ground flour that is prepared with corn. It adds a nutty aroma to the champurrado.
- Mexican Chocolate – Add half a cup of Mexican chocolate to prepare a hearty cup of champurrado.
- Warm Water – Warm water will emulsify all the elements evenly.
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon adds sweet and spicy flavors to champurrado.
- Brown Sugar – Add sugar to your taste. We used brown sugar for nutty sweetness. You can surely substitute it with regular sugar.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Milk – The warm and thick champurrado drink is prepared with half a cup of milk.
Steps To Make Champurrado
Take a saucepan and concoct all the elements to prepare champurrado right in your kitchen. In a pan, add Masa Harina, water, and salt. Stir in thoroughly, until they mix together or look smooth. Then, add chopped Mexican Chocolate chips, milk, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Simmer until the consistency become smooth. When it is prepared, serve warm and enjoy!
How Will Champurrado Look And Taste Like?
Champurrado looks creamy, thick, and chocolatey. It is filled with Philippine flavors and tastes delightful. Mexican flavors are well emulsified with all the elements. On top of that, this drink will give you a warm hug and satiates your sugar rush.
- 1 tablespoon Masa Harina
- 1 tablespoon Mexican Chocolate
- ½ cup Warm Water
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Milk
- In a pan, add Masa Harina, water, salt, and whisk it thoroughly, until they mix together or look smooth.
- In the mixture over the medium heat, add chopped Mexican Chocolate chips, milk, cinnamon, brown sugar. Mix until chocolate melts.
- Simmer until the consistency become smooth. Remove from heat.
- Serve Immediately in different mugs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What does champurrado mean in English?
Champurrado is chocolate-based atole. It is a warm and thick Mexican beverage, prepared with masa harina, Mexican chocolate, cinnamon, brown sugar, salt, and milk.
Who invented champurrado?
Champurrado is invented by Jose Rizal. He accidentally dipped a steaming cup of hot chocolate into his place of rice. Since then, the champurrado has become a trend and is prepared in every Mexican kitchen.
How long does champurrado last in the fridge?
Champurrado can last for up to 2 days in the fridge.
What’s champurrado made of?
Champurrado is a warm and thick drink made with Mexican chocolate, cinnamon, piloncillo, and milk.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. Do make Champurrado at home and serve it to your kids. Share the reviews of your kids in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.