Most of the kids nowadays want something new and tasty to drink. As a mother, I always try to give our kids the best things. If I talk about the evening and morning milk routine of our kids, they always make excuses not to drink milk.
But I got to know about this Champurrado Recipe from my friend when I was at her residence. With the recipe, she also told me some information regarding Champurrado.
Jose Rizal invented Champurrado in the year 1950. Champurrado was originated in Mexico and is traditional Mexican chocolate-based atole that is comfort in a cup.
The difference between Atole and Champurrado is how they use masa harina. In atole, we use cinnamon sticks with boiling water and the addition of chocolate to the atole gives birth to Champurrado.
Today, I was making Champurrado for my kids and I thought to share Champurrado Recipe with all of you. But there are many other tea recipes that we’ve covered in our blog. You should definitely check them as well. But there are many other drink recipes that we’ve covered in our blog. You should definitely check them as well.
1. Tiger Nut Milkshake– This drink is a very typical drink in Spain, especially in the Valencia area. It has a Regulatory Council of denomination of origin, which ensures its quality and consistency of protein.
2. Thai Coffee– It is one of the best coffees which would rejuvenate you. Usually found in restaurants, it can be made by you as well since it is easy and quick to make. Only four ingredients and you are good to go.
3. Melonade– Melonade, or Watermelon Lemonade is bursting with summertime flavors! A simple and refreshing drink and a delicious way to use up leftover watermelon.
4. Chocolate Monkey– Have you ever imagined chocolate with vodka. If no, then you should definitely try this chocolate monkey cocktail using just 4 ingredients.
Ingredients For Champurrado Recipe
|Masa Harina||1/3 Cup|
|Mexican Chocolate||3 ounce|
|Warm Water||1 Cup|
|Brown Sugar||2 tbsp|
Its is a quick recipe and it will not take much time of yours. Let’s see the perfect timings in the table below.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Mins||15 Mins||20 Mins|
Now you have the ingredients and you know the exact timings required to make Champurrado. So without waiting more, let’s check out the recipe for what we’ve been waiting for. Yes, I am talking about the Champurrado Recipe.
- In a pan, add Masa Harina, water, salt, and whisk it thoroughly, until they mix together or look smooth.
- In the mixture over the medium heat, add chopped Mexican Chocolate chips, milk, cinnamon, brown sugar. Mix until chocolate melts.
- Simmer until the consistency become smooth. Remove from heat.
- Serve Immediately in different mugs.
Finally, Champurrado is ready. Replace this chocolate milk with your kid’s regular milk and I bet that they’ll love it.
Nutritional Facts Champurrado
We all know Chocolate Milk is healthy. That’s why I’ve added a nutritional breakdown of the nutrients present in Champurrado. So let’s see how much healthy is Champurrado is.
How To Make Champurrado at Home | Video
When I was making Champurrado for the first time, I saw a video to understand the steps properly. That’s why, I’ve added a recipe video of Champurrado below, so it’ll be easier for you to make this at home.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. Do make Champurrado at home and serve it to your kids. Share the reviews of your kids in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.