If you want to eat a healthy breakfast then, I have a dish for you. It is the catfish sandwich. This sandwich has a delicious fried catfish filling covered with spicy tartar sauce.
Catfish is rich in proteins, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. It is also rich in omega-3 fats and Vitamin B-12. It is a healthy addition to every meal.
To make a catfish sandwich, mix mayonnaise, lemon, horseradish, hot sauce, Dill relish, kosher salt, and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Whisk eggs, hot sauce, seafood seasoning, and salt in a large bowl. Mix cornmeal, flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper in another bowl. Dip the fish in both mixtures and fry. Apply tartar sauce on the rolls, place lettuce, and fried fish. Serve.
This was quick summary of the entire recipe. Find the complete recipe below. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Wagyu Zabuton Steak Sandwich– Wagyu beef is a kind of luxury beef and goes high in the food hierarchy. It is quite expensive and rare. If you lay hands on some, try to make a steak sandwich out of it.
2. Cheese Toastie– A cheese toastie is simply a toast with cheese and feels like a hug to the soul. These sandwiches are generally popular in the UK because they are easy to make and delicious in taste.
3. Baileys French Toast– Baileys French toast involves the basic French toast recipe with a dash of Baileys Irish cream liqueur. It also has whipping cream, sugar, and eggs. It is a delicious breakfast.
4. Buttermilk French Toast– The buttermilk French toast Recipe has everything that you desire, right from eggs to buttermilk. Simple and easy to make, it requires just about 30-35 minutes of your precious time and is definitely worth a try.
Catfish Sandwich Recipe
- Small Bowl
- Large Bowl
For Spicy Tartar Sauce
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Lemon
- 3 tsp Horseradish
- 2 tsp Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Dill Relish
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 3 dashes Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp Seafood Seasoning
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Cornstarch
- 4 Catfish Fillets
- 4 Sourdough Sandwich Rolls
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 Romaine or Red Lettuce Leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350oF.
- To make the spicy tartar sauce, mix mayonnaise, lemon, horseradish, hot sauce, Dill relish, kosher salt, and ground black pepper in a small bowl. Then, keep it in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, hot sauce, seafood seasoning, and salt.
- In another bowl, add cornmeal, flour, cornstarch, salt, and pepper and mix.
- Marinate the catfish in the egg mixture. Then, put it in the flour mixture. Coat it with the mixture and shake off the extra flour.
- Heat oil in a pan. Put the marinated fish into it. Fry until it turns golden for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- After frying, place it on the paper towel and season it with salt.
- Then, cut the sandwich rolls in half. Apply butter on the halves of the rolls.
- Toast the rolls in the oven until they turn golden for about 8 minutes.
- Take out the rolls and apply spicy tartar sauce to them. Then, put lettuce and catfish on the buns.
- The catfish sandwich is ready and you can serve it immediately.