Cast iron fried chicken is a great and simple recipe for fried chicken. The chicken is cooked along with herbs. Then, it is fried to a crisp in a cast-iron skillet.
Cast iron skillets are great for cooking. They keep the food warm for a long time. Some of the iron also gets absorbed in the food you cook in a cast-iron skillet. The cast-iron pans are also really tough.
To make cast-iron fried chicken, place a cast-iron skillet in the oven and let it heat. In a bowl, mix flour, eggs, and water. Then, dip the chicken pieces in this mixture. In the heated cast-iron skillet, add rosemary, onion, garlic, and butter. After that, add the chicken pieces to it. Cook the chicken for about 15 minutes. Take the chicken out from the pan and serve it hot.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Roasted Lamb Breast– The recipe I will share today is one of the best Non-vegetarian dishes that I have ever tried. This recipe is called The Roasted Lamb Breast.
2. Chicken Paillard– Paillard can be of chicken, veal, beef, turkey, and pork. Traditionally they are cut from large pieces of meat but to get rid of the cutting process, most of the supermarkets have a variety of thin meat. Chicken Paillards are made from the breast of meat.
3. Creamy White Chicken Chili– There are so many varieties of chili out there, but this creamy white chicken chili will soon be your favorite.
4. Fried Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings– These lemon-pepper wings are perfect for game day. Try these out if you’ve been stuck in a chicken wing rut. Add grated lemon zest to the butter mixture if you want a more pronounced lemon flavor.
Cast Iron Fried Chicken Recipe
- 4 pounds Chicken
- 1 Onions (minced)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 2 ½ teaspoons Salt
- 2 Rosemary Sprigs
- At 425oF, preheat the oven. Place the iron skillet in the oven to heat.
- In a large bowl, add flour and eggs with water. Whisk them properly.
- Dip the dry chicken pieces in the flour mixture. Also, apply salt to them.
- To the heated skillet, add rosemary, onion, garlic, and butter.
- When the butter melts, add chicken pieces into the skillet. Sear them for 15 minutes until they turn brown.
- After you fry them, remove them from skillet.
- Serve immediately.