If you’re one of them who don’t like to waste food, then try making the carrot top pesto. The recipe is made by using green tops of carrots. Today, let’s see how to make this healthy and delicious dip at home.
The dip has got some tangy and salty flavor that makes your everyday food spicy and tasty. This recipe pairs perfectly with pasta, lasagna and sandwiches. Carrots are also rich in vitamin k, vitamin c and potassium. Now that you have got so many reasons to prepare the recipe, what are you waiting for? Let’s start making the recipe.
Carrot top pesto can be made by blanching the carrot tops. Then, blend garlic, lemon, green onions, walnuts and salt with the carrots. At last, add olive oil and the pesto is ready.
So are you guys ready? Let’s start the preparations and see how this carrot top pesto is made at home with some common ingredients lying in our refrigerator. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip– This cranberry cream cheese dip is both savory and sweet, it pairs equally well with salty cookies and sweet apple slices. I also relish dipping in chunks of bread in a bowl of cranberry dip and having it as my evening snack.
2. Green Peppercorn Sauce– The main ingredients that are used in the sauce are green peppercorn, brandy and beef broth. The alcohol helps give flavor to the sauce.
3. Pommery Mustard Sauce– This sauce recipe is very simple and easy to make at home within 20 minutes. Also, you need only 4 major ingredients along with some seasoning and you are good to go.
4. Melba Sauce– Whenever I think of making something from raspberries, melba sauce is on my priority list. This sauce is an awesome add-on for waffles, ice cream and pancakes.
Carrot Top Pesto Recipe
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 tsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1-2 Bunch Carrot Tops
- 4 pc Green Onions
- ½ cup Walnuts
- Salt & Pepper
- To blanch carrot tops: cut bits of thick stem. Get it to a boil. With ice cubes and cold water in it, prepare an oversized tub. After the carrot tops have cooked, return them to the pot.
- Stir regularly, cooking for about 3 minutes or until soft and bright green. Remove the hot water directly from the pot, rinse and apply the carrot tops to the ice cube bowl to end the cooking process.
- Drain out the excess water from the carrot tops and place them on a dry plate. Meanwhile, you can do the remaining tasks.
- Add garlic, lemon, green onions, walnuts and salt to the food processor. Blend up with small bits of carrot tops until rough paste forms. You may need to stop frequently to wipe down the sides of the blender.
- Add the olive oil until combined, a tablespoon at a time. Season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice to taste.
- Let it cool and store it in an airtight container. It can be stored for a few days. The colour of this sauce can change, but that’s all normal.
I hope you have liked this recipe and will surely make this recipe at home. Please let us know your valuable comments and experiences about this recipe in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.