If you’re looking for Carne Con Chile Rojo recipe, then you’re in the right place. In this post, I am going to share the authentic Mexican recipe of Carne Con Chile which I learned from a Mexican chef.
My Mexican friend Alejandro used to work at Ramona’s Mexican Foods and they make one of the best Carne Con Chile. I learned this recipe from him and he told me all the instructions which would make the best Carne Con Chile. I tried it at my home and it was almost the same as they serve in their outlets.
To make Carne Con Chile Rojo, put hot broth along with chilies in blender for 10 mins. Saute garlic and onion and add to blender. Also add chilies, cumin, tomatoes, coriander, salt and pepper to blender. Blend them all. Now saute the chuck roast and season with Mexican oregano. Using instant pot, cook chuck roast with blended mixture for 25 mins.
This recipe isn’t as easy as it sounds. But if you follow the detailed recipe below, it will help you a lot in making the perfect Carne Con Chile Rojo. Now let’s see the ingredients which are used to make this recipe.
Ingredients For Carne Con Chile Rojo
- 8 pc Mexico chilies (cleaned)
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 2 cup Chicken or Beef broth
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1 medium Onion
- ½ tsp ground Coriander
- ½ tsp ground Cumin
- 1 can diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp butter
- ¼ tsp Oregano
- 2 lbs Beef chuck roast
- Salt and Pepper for taste
So these ingredients will result in a very delicious recipe and you can have them at any of your nearest supermarket or grocery store. Now let’s see how much time will this Carne Con Chile Rojo takes to prepare at home.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Carne Con Chile Rojo?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|15 minutes||30 minutes||45 minutes|
I know you guys are really excited about this recipe and here is the step that you all were waiting for. Let’s start cooking it.
Steps to Make Carne Con Chile Rojo
- Take a blender and put the hot broth along with chilies in it.
- Wait for it to get softened for around 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the garlic and onions until they are soft. Add these onions and garlic into the blender along with chilies, cumin, tomatoes, coriander, salt and pepper. Blend this mixture until it becomes smooth.
- Now sauté the chuck roast and chilies in olive oil along with butter for about 3-4 minutes in a pan.
- Then season with Salt, Mexican oregano and pepper. Now turn the flame off and pour the blended sauce into this pan and mix well with this chuck roast.
- Take an instant pot and put on its lid. Wait for another 25 minutes and let it cook. After done cooking let the pot to depressurize on its own. After depressurizing open the lid and check if it’s cooked properly or not.
- Add salt and pepper if required and serve hot along with freshly cooked tortillas. Enjoy!
Finally, your Carne Con Chile Rojo is ready and you can enjoy it with your family and friends.
Nutritional Breakdown of Carne Con Chile Rojo
The breakdown of nutritional elements is helpful for all those who are conscious about their diet and wants proper information about the nutrients.
|Dietary Fiber||1.6 gm|
How To Make Carne Con Chile Rojo at Home | Video
This recipe is quite easy to make but I would recommend you watch this video if you are trying it for first time at your home. It’ll help you understand the steps of the procedure.
Hope you like this recipe and I am sure you will try this at your place. Please let us know about your ideas and experiences regarding this recipe in the comments box below. Till then stay tuned for more such amazing recipes.