If you’re looking for a Carne Con Chile Rojo recipe, then you’re in the right place. In this post, I am going to share the authentic Mexican recipe of Carne Con Chile. It is easy to make and is delicious.
My Mexican friend Alejandro used to work at Ramona’s Mexican Foods and they make one of the best Carne Con Chile. I learned this recipe from him. I tried it at my home and it was almost the same as they serve in their outlets.
To make Carne Con Chile Rojo, put hot broth and chilies in a blender. In a pan, saute garlic and onion and add them to the blender. Also, add chilies, cumin, tomatoes, coriander, salt, and pepper to it and blend everything. Now, cook the chuck roast in a pan and season it with Mexican oregano. Using an instant pot, cook chuck roast with the blended mixture for 25 minutes.
This is just a summary of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Small Red Beans and Rice– Tender red beans and spicy Andouille sausage are cooked into a full-bodied dish that’s heavy on aromatics and authentic flavor. It’s that classic Southern comfort food, Louisiana Red Beans, and Rice.
2. Black Bean Chili– The basic Black Bean Chili is very healthy and nourishing for the body. I shall talk about the nutritional value of the dish in the end. Also, you may top it off with some grated cheese for a little indulgence in the dish.
3. Chicken Milano– A delicious Italian cuisine, Chicken Milano is quite easy to make. It takes only half an hour to make this pasta. It is an absolute delight to have Chicken Milano served on your plates.
4. Chiles Rellenos– Chilli Rellenos is a Mexican dish with its origin to Puebla. Its variations are Hatch Chile, Anaheim pepper, and Pasilla Meat. It has an incredible taste and you would keep asking for more of it.
Carne Con Chile Rojo Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 8 Mexico Chilies (cleaned)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 can Tomatoes (diced)
- 2 lbs. Beef Chuck Roast
- 2 cup Chicken or Beef Broth
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon ground Coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Oregano
- Salt and Pepper (for taste)
- Take a blender and put hot broth and chilies in it.
- Wait for the chillies to get softened for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté the garlic and onions in a pan until they are soft. Add these onions and garlic into the blender. Also, add chilies, cumin, tomatoes, coriander, salt, and pepper to it. Blend this mixture until it becomes smooth.
- Now, heat olive oil in a pan and add butter to it. Sauté the chuck roast and chilies in it for about 3-4 minutes.
- Then, season the chick roast with salt, Mexican oregano, and pepper. Remove the pan from heat and pour the blended sauce into this pan. Mix it well with the chuck roast.
- Take an instant pot and transfer the chuck roast and the sauce in it. Put on its lid and cook it for 25 minutes. When done, let the pot to depressurize on its own.
- Add salt and pepper as per your taste. Serve it hot along with freshly cooked tortillas.