Caramel pecan monkey bread, the name says it all. It is a delicious monkey bread with notes of caramel, pecan, cinnamon and butter. Today, I am going to show you how you can make this caramel pecan monkey bread at your home.
This bread is a perfect balance of sweet and salt, which you can never forget. This delicious recipe appeals to everyone. I learned this recipe from my sister when she told me to add caramel to my monkey bread. It was so amazing that I had to share the recipe with more people.
To make this caramel pecan monkey bread, we first have to make a dough and make small balls from it. Roll those balls in cinnamon, butter and sugar. Then, make caramel in another bowl. Put half of the caramel and pecans in a pan and add the dough balls over it and repeat the step. Bake it for some time and let it cool. Pour the glaze over the bread and it is ready.
This was just a brief overview of the recipe. The detailed stepwise procedure, along with proper proportions of the ingredients, are given down below. I am sure you would love this salted caramel monkey bread with pecans. So let’s start with listing the ingredients, shall we?
Caramel-Pecan Monkey Bread
- 1 Packet Dry Yeast
- ¼ Cup Warm Water
- 1 Cup Warm Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 Cups Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Butter
- ¼ Cup Cream
- ¾ Cup Chopped Pecans
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese
- ¼ Cup Butter
- ¼ Cup Cream
- Take a bowl with water and put yeast in it. Then, dissolve 5 tablespoons of butter in it.
- Add milk, eggs, butter, sugar, salt and 3 cups of flour. Mix all these thoroughly to make the dough.
- Put this dough on a dry surface after dusting it with flour, keep kneading the dough for 6 to 8 minutes. After that, place it in an oiled bowl, cover it with polythene and keep it in the refrigerator overnight.
- Take the dough out and shape it into balls. Take two small bowls, pour melted butter in one bowl and cinnamon in another. Dip all the balls in both and roll them in a sugar mixture.
- For making caramel, take a bowl. Pour in brown sugar, butter and cream and mix. Then, boil it in a pan over medium heat. Keep stirring it for 3 minutes.
- Put half caramel in a fluted pan with half of the pecans over it. Put half of the dough balls on it. Add another layer of caramel and pecans then, add the other half of the balls. Cover it and let it rest for some time.
- Heat the oven at a temperature of 350 degrees. Bake this whole thing for 30 to 40 minutes until it reaches a golden brown color. Cool it for 10 minutes before you serve it. Then, tilt and take out the bread from the fluted pan on a plate.
- For the glaze, take another bowl. Put cream cheese and butter in it and mix thoroughly. Keep adding sugar in it while stirring. Milk should be added until the consistency is reached. Pour it on the bread. It's ready to be served.