Caprese pasta salad is just a twist to your classic Caprese salad. It incorporates all the ingredients of a regular Caprese salad recipe and uses them all into making a delicious pasta salad.
The best Caprese salad recipe has simple ingredients. It uses fresh tomatoes and beads of mozzarella. Adding pasta only pushes it to the top of the list of ‘best combination foods.’
To make Caprese pasta salad, cook the pasta to al dente. In a pan with olive oil, add tomatoes and salt. Cook with the lid on until tomatoes burst out of their skin. Add pasta to the pan. Then, add basil and mozzarella beads. Top with balsamic vinegar and salt to taste.
The ingredients for the Caprese pasta salad recipe are few in number and easily available. This recipe is also super easy to make. Here is what goes into a Caprese pasta salad. But before going to the full recipe, let’s check out some other healthy salads as well.
1. Jicama Salad– Jicama is a root vegetable that can be a healthy substitute for a potato. If you want to have a spicy vegan salad, then this Jicama salad is perfect for you.
2. Macaroni Coleslaw– The macaroni coleslaw is made from vegetables, pasta and of course, coleslaw. It is a great salad to take on picnics or to eat as a side dish to your main course.
3. Tomato Cucumber Salad– This is a very nutritious and refreshing salad. It needs simple and basic ingredients and gets prepared in no time.
4. Taco Salad Flag– This is a dish that has its origin in Texas. This salad is also known as the 4th of July Taco Salad because people usually make it during the national holiday across America.
Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2 cups Fusilli Pasta
- ⅓ cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pints Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 ounces Mozzarella Beads
- 2 tbsp Chopped Basil
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Take a big pot of water. Add salt to this and bring to boil. Once the water has come to a boil, add the pasta. Cook it until al dente. Drain the water and set the pasta aside.
- In a pan, put olive oil. To this, add the tomatoes and salt. Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Cook the tomatoes until their skins have burst. This would take about 6 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat. Now, add the pasta to this and stir well. Set this mixture aside to cool for a bit.
- After a bit, add chopped basil and mozzarella beads to the pan. To accentuate the taste, add balsamic vinegar and salt at the end. Mix all of this well and the Caprese pasta salad is ready to be served.
Definitely give this recipe a try and tell me how well you liked it. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments. I’ll try my best to help you. I also welcome suggestions so leave them in the comments as well. Happy Cooking!