Canned tomatillos sauce is a perfect choice to have with Mexican food. Today, let’s see how you can make the sauce at your home.
Tomatillos are Mexican tomatoes, known as Mexican husk tomatoes. They are green, unripe and have a tart flavor. I first got to know about the recipe from my friend, who is a chef in Mexico. This recipe is much better than that of packaged sauce as everything used is fresh.
To make canned tomatillos sauce, blend tomatillos, poblano peppers, jalapeno peppers, onion, chicken broth and garlic. Boil the mixture in a stockpot and add lime juice, oregano and seasoned salt. Put the mixture into a jar and immerse in hot water for 20-25 minutes. The sauce is ready.
This was just an overview of the recipe and the detailed recipe is mentioned below. Now, let’s check out the ingredients required for making the recipe. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Chicken Liver Pate– Chicken Liver Pate is a delicious recipe is especially for chicken lovers. Even if you don’t love to eat chicken, you can make it for your close ones who love to eat chicken.
2. Mardi Gras Mustard Sauce– Mardi Gras mustard sauce has got a sweet and spicy nature. This sauce is different from other mustard sauces as it contains dotted ground mustard seeds.
3. Mushroom Sauce– There can be nothing better than silky and smooth mushroom sauce to serve with steak, chicken, baked potatoes and pasta.
4. Pommery Mustard Sauce– Pommery mustard sauce is a versatile and delicious sauce that can be made in a variety of ways. It goes well with shrimp or as a dipping sauce in a shrimp cocktail.
Canned Tomatillos Sauce Recipe
- 5 pounds Fresh Tomatillos
- 2 pounds Poblano Peppers
- 6 pc Jalapeno Pepper
- 4 cups Onions
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 8 Minced Garlic Clove
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro
- ¼ cup Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Seasoned Salt
- In a food processor, add tomatillos, poblano peppers, jalapeno peppers, onion, chicken broth, and garlic. Blend them well and make a paste of them.
- In a large stockpot, add this whole mixture and add lime juice, oregano and seasoned salt and boil it over high heat, and after 20 minutes, lower the heat and keep let it cook.
- Meanwhile, you can check the pint-sized jars for any defect in their rings or cracks, replace the defective ones. Immerse them into simmering water while your mixture is still cooking. Clean the rings and lid properly in soapy and warm water.
- Put this sauce in these jars and, with the help of a knife or spatula, remove any air bubbles. Clean the rims with a moist cloth and close the lid tightly.
- Boil water in a stockpot and keep a rack at the bottom of it. Add the jars on the rack such that they are half immersed in the boiling water. Cover the jars with water up to their neck and cook for 25 minutes.
- Now, after 25-30 minutes, remove the jars from water and let them rest for about 12-24 hours (if you want). Press the center of the lids of the jars such that lids do not move up or down. Take out the rings and keep them in a cool and dark place.
I hope you all will like this recipe and make it at your place someday. Please tell us how was its taste and share your views regarding it. Share this recipe with your friends and mates as well. Till then do take really good care of yourself and have a great day!