Do you guys know, tomatillos are also known as Mexican husk tomatoes and were first cultivated in Mexico? Yes, these tomatillos look like green, unripe, small tomatoes, and have a tart flavour. These tomatillos are a part of Mexican cuisine and popular in the Mexican-American region. This veggie can be used in different recipes and gives a different flavour and touch to them.
Today, let’s discover a recipe for Tomatillos that will make your taste buds go on a rollercoaster ride. The recipe that I am going to share is a simple one called the Tomatillos Sauce. You can buy this sauce from the market but I will tell you how you can make it at home using all the fresh ingredients.
This recipe is a version of tomatillos cooked with some fresh ground spices and other organic ingredients. You will feel a tangy and spicy flavour on having a bite of it. So let’s get into this recipe and know-how it’s made. The ingredients will be the initial step and you can find them in the table below.
Ingredients for Canned Tomatillos Sauce
|Fresh Tomatillos||5 Pounds|
|Poblano Peppers||2 Pounds|
|Jalapeno Pepper||6 Pc.|
|Chicken Broth||2 Cups|
|Garlic (Minced)||8 Cloves|
|Fresh Cilantro||1 Bunch|
|Lime Juice||¼ Cup|
|Dried Oregano||2 Tsp.|
|Seasoned Salt||1 Tsp.|
And here is the complete list of the necessary ingredients. Get them from your nearest store and prepare yourself for cooking a delicious recipe.
This canned tomatillo recipe is a long one and you have to wait for quite a long time. It takes a lot of time to make it but don’t you worry, in the end, this recipe will make you forget all the time you waited for it.
How Much Time Will it Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|45 Minutes||55 Minutes||1 Hour 40 Minutes|
Now let’s see the actual process of how this Canned Tomatillos Sauce can be made. This recipe has an easy procedure and you all will get it quite quickly—no problems on that side. So let’s begin the journey.
Canned Tomatillos Sauce recipe
- In a food processor, add tomatillos, poblano peppers, jalapeno peppers, onion, chicken broth, and garlic. Blend them well and make a paste of them.
- In a large stockpot, add this whole mixture and add lime juice, oregano, and seasoned salt and boil it over high heat, and after 20 minutes, lower the heat and keep let it cook.
- Meanwhile, you can check the pint-sized jars for any defect in their rings or cracks, replace the defective ones. Immerse them into simmering water while your mixture is still cooking. Clean the rings and lid properly in soapy and warm water.
- Put this sauce in these jars and with the help of a knife or spatula, remove any air bubbles. Clean the rims with a moist cloth and close the lid tightly.
- Boil water in a stockpot and keep a rack at the bottom of it. Add the jars on the rack such that they are half immersed in the boiling water. Cover the jars with water up to their neck and cook for 25 minutes.
- Now after 25-30 minutes, remove the jars from water and let them rest for about 12-24 hours (if you want). Press the center of the lids of the jars, such that lids do not move up or down. Take out the rings and keep them in a cool and dark place.
Your Canned Tomatillos Sauce is ready to be included in your next meal. Try this delicious recipe and make your normal meal an exciting one.
Nutritional Breakdown of Canned Tomatillos Sauce
The nutritional breakdown of this recipe is listed below in the table. Watch it and continue eating healthy food.
How to Make Canned Tomatillos Sauce at Home | Video
Here is a video of this Tomatillos Sauce recipe that you can watch so that it’s easier for you to make it at home.
I hope you all will like this recipe and make it at your place someday. Please tell us how was it’s taste and share your views regarding it. Share this recipe with your friends and mates as well. Till then do take really good care of yourself and have a great day!