Munching on caramelized, candied walnuts is a treat. Today, I will be sharing the 5-minute recipe to create this crunchy snack in your kitchen in an easy-peasy way.
Candied walnuts can be tossed up in salads, over deserts or just popped straight in your mouth. The health benefits of walnuts are known to all and adding some sweetness to them is definitely a cherry on the cake. I saw my aunt caramelizing walnuts for her kids and since then I have been following her method for crusty, sweet walnuts.
I love how there is zero fuss involved in the recipe. The recipe is simple, as everything (walnuts, granulated sugar and unsalted butter) goes into the pan at once. After 5 minutes of constant stirring, your Candied Walnuts are ready. There is no requirement for pre-roasting the walnuts.
So, friends, let’s add some crunch to our lives with these amazing candied walnuts. You can use other dry fruits too. I am sure your friends and family would love it. Before jumping into the procedure for the recipe, take a look at the ingredients to start with.
Ingredients for Candied Walnuts
- 1 cup Walnut (halves/pieces)
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup White Granulated Sugar (not coarse sugar)
Yes, that’s about it- just a small list of ingredients. And, another amazing thing about this recipe is that it’s a quickie to make. Check out the table below to understand time management.
How Much Time Will It Take To Prepare Candied Walnuts?
|Prepartion Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||5 minutes||10 minutes|
Yes, in just about 10 minutes you’ll have a bowl of candied walnuts ready to be served. Down below is the recipe.
Steps to Make Candied Walnuts
- Over medium heat, place a medium non-stick skillet and add 1 cup walnuts, 1tbsp butter and 1/4 cup granulated sugar, all at once.
- Heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Ensure constant stirring so that the mixture doesn’t burn (especially towards the end). When the sugar mixture starts to melt, stir continually until the sugar melts completely and walnuts are coated and caramelized.
- Immediately transfer the nuts on a sheet of parchment paper and separate the nuts quickly with a spatula, knife, etc., so that they don’t stick together when cooled.
- As the coating hardens (5-7 minutes), transfer them to a bowl and relish.
Nutritional Breakdown of Candied Walnuts
I have added a table below that shows the nutrition content of Candied Walnuts. Check it out for values in detail.
Note- The Nutritional Breakdown is for 1 serving.
How to Make Candied Walnuts at Home | Video
Although it’s a quick recipe, I have still added a short video for you all to watch and have a clear idea of the recipe before you start making your own. I hope it helps and guides you through.
Thanks for stopping by this corner! This surely is a recipe to keep forever. Try it in your kitchens and let us know your experiences in the comments section below. Sending pictures of your snack/dish is encouraged. Stay connected for more such amazing recipes.