You might love candied lemons on a cake or by the side of your cocktail. They can even be served as sweet candy. But have you ever thought of making them at home? If not, let me share with you this easy recipe.
This recipe can be used as a topping over cupcakes, puddings, cakes, or a cocktail. And you can also serve it as a dessert itself. I love recipes like these. This multi-purpose recipe is the easiest. Its sweet and tangy flavor will make you drool for them. I would love to make a jar full of them and preserve them for use side by side.
This candied lime slice does not require any special ingredient for this recipe. All you need to get is some lemons, sugar and water. Just cut the slices, boil them with water and sugar. Cool them down and Voila! With just three ingredients, these delightful slices will be ready. It is a simple recipe with no hard and fast rules to follow.
This is just a brief of the recipe. You will get to know more details about the recipe further. If you have kids at home, then they are going to have a treat. This recipe is not just for the kids. Everyone at your place will love to indulge in these lemon slices. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Sweet Tamales– This recipe is one of my favorite recipes and it is a very famous Mexican cuisine. I am talking about the Sweet Tamales. This recipe is made using the corn husks that we usually throw away without knowing that it can be utilized.
2. Strawberry Extract– You can use this strawberry extract to personalize the taste of various dishes. And the best thing about this extract is that after making this once, you can preserve it for months.
3. Strawberry Vinaigrette– Strawberry is surely one of the most delicious fruits which makes your mouth watery with its taste. Vinaigrette is made by mixing an oil with vinegar or lemon juice. It is commonly used as salad dressing or sometimes as a marinade as well.
4. Candied Walnuts– Candied walnuts can be tossed up in salads, over deserts, or just popped straight in your mouth. The health benefits of walnuts are known to all and add some sweetness to them is definitely a cherry on the cake.
Ingredients for Candied Lime Slices
- 2 small Lemons
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¾ cup Water
This is very clear that you do not need to run to the supermarket for this recipe. You will get all of the above in your kitchen. So grab them and get started. But before that, look at the time taken to prepare the slices.
How Much Time It Will Take to Make Candied Lime Slices?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Additional Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||10 minutes||2 hours||2 hours 15minutes|
Looking at the time will make you a bit worried as this may seem a lengthy recipe to you. But actually, it is not. It will only take 15 minutes to make them up. 2 hours is just the time you require to chill them before use. So stay calm and check out the detailed steps involved to prepare them.
Steps to Make Candied Lime Slices
- Take the lemons and cut them into 1/8 inch thick rounds. Discard the seeds.
- Take a large skillet and add sugar, lemon juice and water to it. Put it over medium flame till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add lemon slices to this mixture and reduce the flame to a minimum. Flip the lemons occasionally. Cook them for 15-16 minutes or till they turn translucent with soft rinds.
- With the help of tongs, place slices on a wax paper-lined jelly roll pan. Cool them down.
- Cover them and chill them for minimum 2 hours to maximum 2 days. Use when needed.
Making this easy-peasy recipe will be definitely an enjoyable process. You can reserve the leftover syrup for other uses.
Nutritional Breakdown of Candied Lime Slices
How to Make Candied Lime Slices at Home | Video
Here is the video to help you in every step. If you want to know more details of the recipe, kindly watch this video as it will be a great help to you.
Give this recipe a try and share with me your reviews for this recipe. You can ask your queries without any hesitation. If you have any other recipe in mind that you want me to share, please write it up in the comment section below. And I will be glad to share that recipe too. Your suggestions are always welcome. Have a good day!