Today, I am going to share one of the simplest and quickest shrimp recipes with you guys. The recipe is known as Camarones al Ajillo. It is a delicious and no-fuss recipe.
The recipe for Camarones al Ajillo involves cooking shrimps in oil and butter. It has a lot of flavors as it uses tomato sauce, spices, and herbs. It is also quite simple and gets ready in less than half an hour.
To make Camarones al Ajillo, heat oil and butter in a pan. Cook onions and bell pepper in it. Add garlic and cook it. Then, add the shrimp and cook it from both sides. Season it with salt and pepper. Lastly, add tomato sauce, parsley, and red pepper flakes. Cook it for some time and then serve.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Ground Beef Tacos– The meat with high fat will give more flavor to the tacos. These tacos make a perfect family dinner for the weekend.
2. Flatlander Chili– Flatlander Chili is a dish made with beef and red beans with herbs. Chili is a Mexican cuisine of spicy stew made of chili peppers, tomatoes and beans with meat or vegetables.
3. Yucatan Potato Salad– This is not your regular potato salad. Potatoes are combined with roasted peppers, olives, onion and sweet pickle in a lime dressing. Try this when you want to be a little different.
4. Grilled Ginger Salmon With Pineapple Chipotle Glaze– A grilled fish glazed with Pineapple Chipotle has a flavorous shiny topping that makes you wonder-struck. At the end of all-day previous preparations of this amazing dish, you get an ever so yummy tasting salmon, with the extreme tastes ever.
Ingredients for Camarones al Ajillo
|Olive Oil||1 tablespoon|
|Green Bell Pepper (sliced)||1/2|
|large Onion (sliced)||1|
|Fresh Large Shrimp||1 pound|
|Tomato Sauce||1/2 cup|
|Dried Parsley||1 tablespoon|
|Red Pepper Flakes (crushed)||1/4 teaspoon|
|Salt and Black pepper||1 pinch|
How much time it will take?
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time||Servings|
|15 minutes||20 minutes||35 minutes||4|
Camarones al Ajillo Recipe
- Take a pan and heat the oil and butter in it over medium flame.
- Add the bell pepper and onion to it. Saute it for about 5 minutes until the onion has softened.
- Add garlic, and cook it for about 1 minute.
- After that, add the shrimp and cook it for about 2 minutes from both sides. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Add parsley, tomato sauce, and red pepper flakes to it. Cook it for about 5 minutes.
Nutritional Facts of Camarones al Ajillo