Cajun chicken pasta is a great recipe to make for family dinners. It is really easy to make. You can make this pasta at home in just half an hour.
Cajun is an amalgamation of French and Southern cuisine. This countryside cuisine is just excellent! The silkiness of creamy pasta, crunchiness of veggies, and chunks of chicken feel divine in my mouth. A well-cooked and garnished creamy cajun chicken pasta is irresistible.
To make Cajun chicken pasta, cook the linguine pasta. Season the chicken with Cajun seasoning and sauté it in butter in a skillet. Then, add green and red bell peppers, green onions, and sliced mushrooms to the skillet. Add heavy cream to it and season with salt and spices. Mix the cooked linguini with this sauce. Garnish it with parmesan cheese.
If you are out of green bell peppers, I have an easy way out. Here is a list of green pepper substitutes for you.
This is just an overview of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Mongolian Hot Pot– It is made with beef, noodles, mushrooms, vegetables, and different kinds of sauces and spices.
2. Salmon Alfredo Pasta– This easy restaurant-quality Tuscan Salmon Fettuccine Alfredo comes together in less than 30-minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
3. Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta– Fettuccine Alfredo is one of the most basic and delicious pasta recipes ever—and it couldn’t be easier to make. You only need a few ingredients to make this creamy, buttery, and cheesy pasta dish.
4. Tortellini Carbonara– Tortellini Carbonara pasta is the dish of the Rome region of Italy. Carbonara in Italian means has to do with charcoal and many theories of the origin involve coal miners making the dish.
Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves (sliced into thin strips)
- 4 ounces Linguine Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- ½ Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 4 Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 Green Onion (minced)
- 1 ½ cups Heavy Cream
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Basil
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- In a large pot, bring lightly salted water to a boil . Add the linguini pasta to it. Cook it for 8 to 10 minutes. Then, drain the pasta under cold water and let it rest.
- In a bowl, add chicken pieces and Cajun seasoning and toss well to coat the chicken properly.
- In a large skillet, sauté chicken in butter over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes until it is no longer pink and juices flow clear.
- Then, add green and red bell peppers, green onions, and sliced mushrooms to the skillet. Cook all of them for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat of the skillet and stir in heavy cream. Season the sauce with garlic powder, lemon pepper, salt, basil, and ground black pepper. Stir well.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked linguini and hot sauce. Toss it so that the pasta gets covered with the sauce. Garnish the pasta with grated Parmesan cheese and it's ready.