I am sure we all have tried our hands on various sorts of dishes during the time of lockdown. Most of us have been lucky enough to have discovered the amazing chef in ourselves. Honestly, I don’t have a count of dishes I’ve made during this time. For the first time in my kitchen, something that was made was Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta (I had had it a lot many in restaurants, though). And since then, my family demands pasta every weekend and I can’t say no. So, while I cook the Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta for them, let me share the recipe with you all so that your weekends go delish!
Cajun is an amalgamation of French and Southern cuisine. This countryside cuisine is just excellent! The silkiness of creamy pasta, crunchiness of veggies, and chunks of chicken feel divine in my mouth. Well-cooked and garnished creamy cajun chicken pasta sitting on a plate becomes irresistible.
This recipe is a complete meal and super easy to throw together for family dinners. And hey, it doesn’t pinch your pocket too. Isn’t that amazing? So, you have the menu set for the coming weekend. I am sure you’d enjoy this meal with friends and family. Serve it with cornbread. It will be greatly loved by the kids too.
Without making you wait anymore, I will quickly share the list of ingredients you’d require. A few ingredients and there you go.
Ingredients for Cajun Chicken Pasta
|Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves (sliced into thin strips)||2|
|Linguine Pasta||4 ounces|
|Cajun Seasoning||2 tbsp|
|Red Bell Pepper (chopped)||1/2|
|Green Bell Pepper (chopped)||1|
|Minced Green Onion||1|
|Heavy Cream||1 ½ cups|
|Dried Basil||¼ tsp|
|Ground Black Pepper||1/8 tsp|
|Lemon Pepper||¼ tsp|
|Garlic Powder||1/8 tsp|
|Grated Parmesan Cheese||2 tbsp|
Most of the ingredients shall be available in your kitchen and others can be fetched from nearby supermarkets. So, let’s get started. Oh, wait! You all must be wondering how much time is needed to make this dish. Well, I’ve added a timetable down below for you all to refer to.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||15 minutes||30 minutes|
In about 30 minutes, you will get creamy and yummy pasta. So, why not give it a try. Now, let’s quickly jump into the procedure of cooking the Cajun Chicken Pasta.
Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- In a large pot, bring lightly salted water to a boil and add linguini pasta. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked well. Drain under cold water. Let it rest.
- Add Cajun seasoning to chicken pieces placed in a bowl and toss well to coat properly.
- Sauté chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes (until it is no longer pink and juices flow clear).
- It’s time to add green and red bell peppers, green onions and sliced mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Decrease the heat and stir in heavy cream. Seasoning is the key! Season the sauce with garlic powder, lemon pepper, salt, basil and ground black pepper. Stir well.
- In a large bowl, toss linguini with hot sauce. Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese and its ready.
Nutritional Breakdown of Cajun Chicken Pasta
It is important to understand how much nutrition you are gaining from a dish. The table below shows the nutrition content of the dish. Check it out for values in detail.
Note- The Nutritional Breakdown is for 1 serving.
How to make Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta at Home | Video
We will walk you through every step of the recipe with the video attached below. I hope it helps and guides you throughout the process.
I hope your dish turns out really well and you come back for more amazing recipes. Do leave your suggestions or feedback in the comment section below. See you soon with more such stomach-filling recipes.