Butternut squash lasagna is made with baked butternut squash. The squash is added to a herby roux. The lasagna is made with noodles, squash mixture, and cheese. This creamy and vegetarian lasagna is absolutely delicious.
Cooking lasagna might look like a task to you. But this recipe will make turn this thought of yours into a myth. It is an easy recipe. You can even make this recipe ahead of the serving day and freeze it. I bet you will love this lasagna.
To make butternut squash lasagna, bake the squash and cook noodles. Boil rosemary and milk together. Melt butter to sauté garlic and add flour, salt, and pepper. Take out 1 cup of sauce and add squash in the remaining. Add noodles, squash mixture, cheese, and repeat the layers. Spread beaten cream and parmesan cheese on top. Bake it until golden brown.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Slow Cooker Lasagna– Of the most popular dishes ever created, homemade lasagna has a different comfort attached to it. It is easy to make, with easily sourced ingredients easily bought from the store.
2. Salmon Belly– Salmon belly is a very famous recipe around the globe. People from every part of the Pacific and Northern Region enjoy this recipe a lot. The recipe is basically from Norway but got famous in many parts of the world including South America and Japan.
3. Braciole– Braciole is a classic Italian dish made with thin slices of meat and its filling is cooked in wine-infused sauce. So all the wine lovers will relish this without a doubt.
4. Texas Style Lasagna– It is a meal with layers of tortilla, meat, and cheese. It is delicious as well as healthy as it is power-packed components like beans, avocados, and tomatoes.
Ingredients For Butternut Squash Lasagna
- 1 medium Butternut Squash (peeled, seeded)
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 9 Lasagna Noodles
- 3 1/2 cups 2% Milk
- 1/4 cup fresh Rosemary (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 8 ounces Fontina Cheese (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan Cheese (grated, divided)
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Butternut Squash Lasagna?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|55 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour 40 minutes|
Steps To Make Butternut Squash Lasagna
- Preheat the oven to 425o.
- Grease two baking pans of 15x10x1 inch and divide squash between the two. Drizzle some oil over them and bake uncovered. Stir them occasionally and bake until they get tender. This will take 20-25 minutes.
- Till then, cook noodles as per the instructions on the package. Take a small saucepan and add rosemary and milk. Bring them to a boil. After a boil, reduce the flame to low and cook for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture and reserve the milk obtained. Discard the rosemary residue.
- Take a Dutch oven and melt butter in it over medium flame. Saute garlic in it and then, add flour, salt and pepper, stir them until they are combine well. Pour the milk gradually and bring this mixture to a boil. Cook until it becomes a little thick. Take out 1 cup of this sauce as a reserve and add squash to the remaining sauce.
- Drain the noodles and reduce the oven to 375o. In a greased baking dish of 13×9 inch spread the sauce. Make layers with half of the noodles, half of the squash mixture, half of the fontina cheese and ½ cup parmesan cheese. Repeat the layers.
- Beat the cream until soft peak forms with it. Spread this on the top and lastly, sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake it uncovered for 30 minutes or until it becomes bubbly golden brown. This will take 10-15 minutes. Let it rest for 15 minutes before cutting it and serving.
- Serve hot. You can even add spinach to it as this will balance the sweet, creamy taste.
Nutritional Breakdown of Butternut Squash Lasagna