Hearing of the lasagna will make your eyes search for it. The recipe I am sharing is for vegetarian lasagna, which is butternut squash lasagna.
Cooking lasagna might look like a task to you. But this recipe will make turn this thought of yours into a myth. It is an easy recipe. You can even make this recipe ahead of the serving day and freeze it. I bet you will love this lasagna.
To make butternut squash lasagna , bake the squash and cook noodles. Boil rosemary and milk together, strain milk. Melt butter to sauté garlic and add flour, salt and pepper. Take out 1 cup of sauce and add squash in the remaining. Add noodles, squash mixture, cheese and repeat the layers. Spread beaten cream and parmesan cheese on top. Bake it until golden brown.
You might think this is all you need to know. But you will know more details of the recipe ahead. You will love this creamy soup for sure. So make sure you try this at home. It will give you a restaurant-style soup at home. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Slow Cooker Lasagna– Of the most popular dishes ever created, homemade lasagna has a different comfort attached to it. It is easy to make, with easily sourced ingredients easily bought from the store.
2. Salmon Belly– Salmon belly is a very famous recipe around the globe. People from every part of the Pacific and Northern Region enjoy this recipe a lot. The recipe is basically from Norway but got famous in many parts of the world including South America and Japan.
3. Braciole– Braciole is a classic Italian dish made with thin slices of meat and its filling is cooked in wine-infused sauce. So all the wine lovers will relish this without a doubt.
4. Texas Style Lasagna– It is a meal with layers of tortilla, meat and cheese. It is delicious as well as healthy as it is power-packed components like beans, avocados and tomatoes.
Ingredients For Butternut Squash Lasagna
- 1 medium butternut squash ( peeled, seeded)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces fontina cheese (thinly sliced)
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
The ingredients you need for this recipe are readily accessible at any supermarket. Just make a list of what you already have and what you want from the supermarket. Also, take a look at the time required to make this dish.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Butternut Squash Lasagna?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|55 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour 40 minutes|
Making this creamy lasagna is an easy task but a bit time-consuming. You will get it ready within 2 hours. Let’s see what steps you need to follow to cook it up.
Steps To Make Butternut Squash Lasagna
- Set the oven to preheat to 425 degrees.
- Grease two baking pans of 15x10x1 inch and divide squash between the two. Drizzle some oil over them and bake uncovered. Stir them occasionally and bake till they get tender. This will take 20-25 minutes.
- Till then, cook noodles as per the instructions on the package. Take a small saucepan and add rosemary and milk. Bring them to boil. After a boil, reduce the flame to low and cook for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture and reserve the milk obtained. Discard the rosemary residue.
- Take a Dutch oven and melt butter in it over medium flame. Saute garlic in it. Add flour, salt and pepper, stir them till they combine well. Pour the milk gradually and bring a boil to this mixture. Cook till it gets a little thick. Take out 1 cup of this sauce as a reserve and add squash to the remaining sauce.
- Drain the noodles and reduce the oven to 375 degrees. In a greased baking dish of 13×9 inch spread the sauce. Make layers with half of the noodles, half of the squash mixture, half of the fontina cheese and ½ cup parmesan cheese. Repeat the layers.
- Beat the cream until soft peak forms with it. Spread this on the top and lastly, sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake it uncovered for 30 minutes or till it becomes bubbly golden brown. This will take 10-15 minutes. Let it rest for 15 minutes before cutting it and serving.
- Serve hot.
You can even add spinach to it as this will balance the sweet, creamy taste.
Nutritional Breakdown of Butternut Squash Lasagna
Butternut squash is healthy to eat. Let’s see how nutritious this lasagna is.
How To Make Butternut Squash Lasagna At Home | Video
In any case you are not clear of any step involved in this recipe, I have uploaded a similar video. Do watch the video once to know about every detail.
Try this recipe and share your reviews in the comment section below. I will be happy to know how much you liked the recipe. Not just this, you are free to share any suggestion or a recipe you would love to know more about. I will be happy to help you. Now, grab a piece of lasagna and enjoy!