If you are a lover of pecan pies, then this pie recipe is for you. The pie recipe I am sharing is for buttermilk pecan pie.
It is a famous South American dessert. This pie is sweet and nutty like all the other pecan pies. But butternut pecan pie is much creamier than any other pecan pies. The tang because of the buttermilk in it will bring a whole new flavor to the pie.
Buttermilk pecan pie is baked in a preheated oven, so set that first. Till then, whip butter and sugar in a bowl until it is light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time and beat them well. Add flour, lemon juice and vanilla to make dough out of it. Roll this dough and trim the crust beyond the rim, then flute the edges. Add filling and bake it. Cool it down and refrigerate it before serving.
You can also add a little Greek yogurt to the mix. If you don’t have Greek yogurt, here is a list of Greek yogurt substitutes in baking.
You will know more details in the recipe further. You can even make a pie crust the night before. This will take some load off the day you are going to serve the pie. But first, I’ve mentioned some other cherry pie recipes that I think you should definitely try at your home.
1. Apple Pear Pie– Apples and pears are a natural pair. A dish that has the combination of both tastes divine. Apple Pear Pie is indeed a mouth-watering and delicious dish.
2. Shoofly Pie– Shoofly Pie is a traditional pie in Pennsylvania Dutch since 1880s. People also call it as the cake baked in a pie shell. This richly flavored with molasses and a sweet and simple crumb topping, this decadent pie is a unique treat.
3. Cherry and Almond Tart– Cherry and almond tart is one of the few desserts that have both colors of Christmas as well as flavors of summer. It is the right amount of sweet and has a creamy texture. You can also use whipped cream to top it.
4. Paula Deen Pumpkin Pie– We all know pumpkin pie but Paula Deen’s pumpkin pie is different. It is delicious with cream cheese and whipped cream, making it all the more tempting. It might be more delicious but it is still easy to make.
What's In The Post
Ingredients For Buttermilk Pecan Pie
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Dough for single-crust deep-dish pie
The ingredients required for this recipe might be stocked up in your pantry. If not, then you will surely get them all in the supermarket nearby you. Now, let’s take a look at the time it will take to be prepared.
How Much Time Will IT Take To Make Buttermilk Pecan Pie?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|15 Minutes||55 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
You can make this pie in 1 hour 10 minutes. It will be worth the efforts. You will love this pie for sure. Take a look at the steps to be followed.
Steps To Make Buttermilk Pecan Pie
- Set the oven on preheat at 325 degrees.
- Take a bowl and whip butter and sugar in it until it is light and fluffy. It may require 5-7 minutes of whipping. Add one egg at a time to this and beat every egg well after adding. Now, add flour, lemon juice and vanilla to it and combine them well to make dough. Add pecans and buttermilk to it.
- Roll this dough to 1/8 inch thick circle on a lightly floured surface. Take a deep pie dish and transfer this rolled dough to it. Cut the crust ½ inch beyond the rim of the plate and flute the edge.
- Add filling to this crust and bake it for 55-60 minutes. Bake until it is set well. Cook it down and place it in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Breakdown of Buttermilk Pecan Pie
Check the calories you will consume with this sweet pie.
How To Make Buttermilk Pecan Pie At Home | Video
I have also uploaded a similar video for this recipe. Do watch it before you start making it as it will guide you properly. Do give it a try and share its reviews too. Write them up in the comment section.
Your doubts are most welcome in my comment section below. So write them up and I will be replying to them with my best knowledge. Try to glaze Almond Cake with this glaze. And let me know how they came out together. Now, treat yourself to this recipe. Have a great day!