I have to confess here that I am yet to find a person who doesn’t love toasts! Well, the most delicious Buttermilk French Toast has a much wider fan base. It is irreplaceable. I think making Buttermilk French Toast at home is truly a blessing, isn’t that true?
So, this Buttermilk French Toast Recipe has everything that you desire for, right from eggs to buttermilk. Simple and easy to make, it requires about 30-35 minutes of your precious time and is worth giving a try.
Moreover, I should tell you that it goes by the name “eggy toast”, “gypsy toast”, “poor knights” among others. So, don’t be confused. As a matter of fact, maple syrup perfectly pairs with your Buttermilk French Toast made at home. You can also use whipped cream and berries as toppings.
Make your breakfast or brunch more interesting and enjoyable by adding Buttermilk French Toast along with maple syrup to it. Furthermore, I have listed the process of making Buttermilk French Toast at home below. You can now refer to the incredible homemade Buttermilk French Toast Recipe for more information. Have fun!
Ingredients Required for making Buttermilk French Toast
|Well-shaken buttermilk||1 1/2 cups|
|Unsalted butter, divided||4 1/2 tablespoons|
|Bread Slices (from 1 pound loaf, not end slices)||12 ( 1/2 inch thickness)|
How much time would it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|15 minutes||20 minutes||35 minutes|
Buttermilk French Toast Recipe
- Take a bowl and mix buttermilk, eggs, sugar and salt in it.
- Next, take a four-sided sheet pan. Put the bread into it, in one layer.
- Let bread absorb all of the liquid while turning its sides occasionally for about 20 minutes.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons butter over medium-high flame.
- Add 4 bread slices with a slotted spatula. Let them cook for about 3 minutes. They would turn golden brown and puffed from both sides.
- Next, place them in a preheated oven ( 200 degrees F) in a baking pan.
- Repeat the process with remaining bread slices.
Nutritional Information of Buttermilk French Toast Recipe
|Total fats||12.3 g|
|Saturated fats||5.8 g|
|Total carbohydrates||39.3 g|
|Dietary fiber||3.5 g|