Cornbread is a form of bread that is more fluffy, spongy, and has a sweet aroma. This bread is a famous American cuisine that is a standard American breakfast. This Buttermilk Cornbread is also a part of European culture as they took this cuisine from America to Europe after they left.
The bread is made up of wheat and all-purpose flour and can be baked using different cooking styles. You can either bake it, fry it, or even steam it. The choice is yours, but the taste is always the same. No compromise with the taste is acceptable, as this recipe has its flavor and kick. The texture and aroma of this bread are what make it so popular among various regions.
So, let’s try and make this buttermilk cornbread recipe at home using some essential ingredients you may already have at your home. The list is given below. Follow the steps and get the best Buttermilk Cornbread at home.
Ingredients for Buttermilk Cornbread
|White or Yellow Cornmeal||2 cups|
|All-Purpose Flour||¼ cup|
|Baking Powder||2 ½ tsp|
|Baking Soda||½ tsp|
|Buttermilk||1 ¼ cups|
|Melted Shortening||3 tsp|
The list is completed and now it’s the time to know how much time you will need to make this recipe at home. These timings will help you manage all your necessary work and devote proper time to this recipe.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||22 minutes||32 minutes|
The timings are in our favor and we can easily manage this amount of time from our busy schedule to make this recipe of Buttermilk Cornbread at home. Moving ahead, now is the last and the most important & awaited step that everyone looks for. After this, you only have to keep your plate ready. I think you have guessed it right. Let’s cook it.
Buttermilk Cornbread Recipe
- Preheat your oven up to 425 F and place your rack at the center of it. Also, keep your ingredients ready together.
- Pour 1 tsp of shortening in a 9-10 inch skillet and keep it in the oven.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add cornmeal, flour, baking powder, soda, and salt and mix them well. Similarly, in another bowl, add buttermilk, egg, and shortening. Whisk them completely.
- Now mix both the mixtures and blend them until mixed completely.
- Take your pan out of the oven and fill it with this batter carefully. The sizzling pan should be handled correctly.
- Keep this pan back into the oven and lower the temperature to 375 F. bake it for a period of about 20-24 minutes until it becomes golden brown in color.
- After the baking is completed, take it out from the oven, let it cool a bit, and cut out the wedges from it. Enjoy!
Your buttermilk cornbread at home with nothing complicated is now ready to eat. Make your breakfast more delicious and nutritious by eating this bread. The aroma and sweetness will make you feel out of this world’s.
Nutritional Breakdown of Buttermilk Cornbread
The nutritional breakdown of this recipe is mentioned in the table below. Everyone should keep a record of the nutritional elements that he/she is consuming to maintain fitness.
How to Make Buttermilk Cornbread at Home | Video
Here is a video that you can watch to know more details about this recipe. This will help you acknowledge all the necessary and essential points to make this bread more delicious and soft.
So, friends, please try this mouth-watering buttermilk cornbread recipe at home and tell us what do you feel about its taste and texture. Also, comment down below and let us know if you have any queries or questions. You can also comment down your favorite recipe and we will post it on our site. Well, till then take care and God bless you all.