The recipe I am going to talk about today is Butterflied Roast Chicken. This recipe is going to impress you with the flavours.
You must be wondering, why the recipe has the name Butterflied Roast Chicken. This is because of the technique used known as butterflied, which is to roast the chicken by removing the chicken’s backbone. This will make the chicken flatten. Butterflied Roast Chicken makes a great Sunday dinner.
To cook this butterflied roast chicken, set the oven on preheat mode. Rub the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Roast this chicken with lemon slices and rosemary. Check the doneness of the chicken by inserting the instant thermometer. Serve hot.
More detailed steps involved in this butterfly chicken recipe are waiting ahead. Make sure you perform the steps precisely to get the juicy and tender chicken. You will love this chicken roast for sure. Take a note of the ingredients and grab them to work upon with.
Ingredients For Butterflied Roast Chicken
- 1 (3 pound) Whole Chicken (backbone removed)
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black (pepper to taste)
- 1 Lemon (sliced into rounds)
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- ½ cup White Wine
The ingredients of this roast chicken recipe are readily accessible in any supermarket. Some of them can be found in your home. So check them first in your pantry and then visit the supermarket. Now let’s see how much time you require to prepare this dish.
How Much Time It Will Take To Prepare Butterflied Roast Chicken?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||50 minutes||60 minutes|
A oven roasted flavorful butterflied chicken will be ready in just an hour. Preparations for this chicken just need 10 minutes and rest is the time taken to roast.
Steps To Make Butterflied Roast Chicken
- Set the oven on preheat mode to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line aluminium foil on a rimmed baking pan.
- Gently rub olive oil on both sides of the chicken and sprinkle salt and pepper. Place lemon slices and rosemary on the rack and chicken with skin-side up.
- Roast the chicken for 45-55 minutes, till there is no juice and no pink flesh. Using an instant thermometer, the temperature should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C) in the chicken’s thickest part.
- Transfer the chicken to the plate and tent aluminium fill over it. Discard the lemons and rosemary.
- In the baking pan, pour wine and loosen the aluminium foil a bit. Make sure you do not tear the foil. Strain the juice into a saucepan and bring it to boil. Cook for 5 minutes till the sauce is a bit reduced. Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Serve hot.
Note- You can replace white wine with chicken broth.
Serve this chicken with a sauce or dip. I would recommend you to pair it with cabbage and carrot slaw (to be interlinked). This will add a crunch to your meal.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Butterflied Roast Chicken
Let’s have a look at the nutritional breakdown of this butterflied chicken.
How To Make Butterflied Roast Chicken At Home | Video
I have uploaded the video. If you have any recipe in mind, then feel free to share it with me. I will be glad to share it with you.
In case you have any doubt regarding the butterfly whole chicken, then I have uploaded the video. Watch the video to clear your doubts. If the video does not resolve your query, then write it up in the comment section below. I will try to solve them. Now give the recipe a try and enjoy your meal.