Hello and welcome back! Today, we are making Butterbeer ice cream, just like the one at the Universal Studios (*please imagine everything I said in the voice of a cooking show host. Also, if you are a producer, this is an audition*). So, if you have ever been to Universal Studios, Orlando, and have been ever so lucky to walk the roads of Diagon Alley, you must have tasted the delicious butterbeer ice cream. That’s what we’ll try to recreate at home today.
The Butterbeer craze has reached far and wide and transformed itself into a brand. You’ll get a lot of recipes with the word ‘Butterbeer’ in their name. To name a few, we have Butterbeer cupcakes, butterbeer cookies, butterbeer fudge, and I am sure there are a lot more. One of the sweet things you’ll find in this flavor is the butterbeer ice cream.
The ice cream is made with simple ingredients that you will find easily in your pantry. Butter is yet again the star of this recipe. It is very easy to make and the hardest part of this recipe is the waiting. You can scoop some in a waffle cone or just take some waffle chips and eat it with that. Or you can just take the whole tub and eat it while watching all of the Harry Potter movies. So, let’s move to the recipe for butterbeer ice cream. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Harry Potter recipes from our website.
1. Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice : Pumpkin juice is the second best drink in the wizarding world. Now, you can drink it too. Just mix some apple cider, pumpkin sugar, vanilla and some sugar and spice. Serve it on the rocks and enjoy!
2. Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties : We all want the Honeydukes Trolley treats. Here’s a step closer with these delicious pumpkin pasties. These half moon pies are filled with a sweet and spicy pumpkin filling. These are perfect partners to your fall aesthetic and your pumpkin spice latte.
3. Butterbeer Cupcakes : A butterbeer themed dessert line-up sounds like a great idea. Add butterbeer cupcakes to the list. These delicious and spongy cupcakes are covered with a sticky butterscotch sauce and buttery-smooth dressing. Drizzle a few drops of the sauce on the frosting as well and enjoy this delicious treat.
4. Harry Potter Birthday Cake : Remember the birthday cake Hagrid made for 11th birthday? The part where he says to Harry “Ye’r a wizard, Harry”. You can make the exact birthday cake. Just make a delicious chocolate cake with a vanilla buttercream. The real magic is in the decoration, especially the spellings.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Butterbeer Ice Cream?
- Small Pan – Use the small pan to make the butterscotch sauce for the butterbeer ice cream. The irony is there is no scotch or beer in this ice cream.
- Stand Mixer – Just put everything in the stand mixer and it will take care of everything (*stand mixer does dramatic hair flip*).
- Loaf Pan lined with Wax Paper – Keep the loaf pan ready for freezing the ice cream. Line it with wax paper and tell it to be on its marks.
- Wooden Spoon and Butter Knife – You need to do some mixing when cooking the butterscotch sauce, with the spoon, of course. The butter knife? Oh, it makes an appearance at the end of the recipe for some swirl-making.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Butterbeer Ice Cream?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Freezing Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||5 Hours||5 Hours 40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Butterbeer Ice Cream?
- Heavy Whipping Cream – The whipping cream is the body for this no-churn ice cream and also has a slight role to play in the creamy butterscotch sauce.
- Sweet Condensed Milk – The sweet condensed milk adds sweet goodness to the ice cream and makes it thicker and rich.
- Butter – Butter is kind of the whole point you are here. We need it to make the butterscotch sauce.
- Brown Sugar and Vanilla Extract – Both of these go into the sauce. One makes it taste sweet, while the other makes it smell sweet. I’ll let you take a guess at which one does what.
Steps To Make Butterbeer Ice Cream
1. Butter-Beer or Butter-Scotch
For the ice cream, you need to make the butterscotch sauce and then whip some cream. So, here it goes. Place a small pan over medium heat and melt butter in it. Then, add brown sugar and vanilla extract and mix.
After that, add ¼ cup of whipping cream to make it smooth and creamy and mix it well. While stirring every now and then, cook this sauce for about 15 minutes. When it has thickened enough to cover the back of the spoon you’re mixing it with, remove it from heat, and allow it to cool.
2. As Fluffy As A Cloud
While your butterscotch sauce is cooling down, take a stand mixer and add the remaining 2 cups of whipping cream in its bowl. Whisk it until it becomes fluffy (as fluffy as a cloud). Add the condensed milk to it and mix again until it all becomes thick. Lastly, pour the butterscotch sauce into the mixer, leaving only a little in the pan for later. Mix it again and it is almost ready. Now, we just need to ‘ice’ this ‘cream’.
3. ‘Ice’ The ‘Cream’
Pour this thick creamy mixture into a loaf pan that has been lined with wax paper. Now, drizzle the leftover sauce over the cream. Using a butter knife, make swirls of the sauce (trust the process).
All there’s left to do is freeze the ice cream. Place the pan in the freezer and let the ice cream freeze for about 5 hours. Then, take it and enjoy! Your butterbeer ice cream is ready! I am just gonna go and get some waffle chips and my laptop for the Harry Potter marathon, of course!
|Saturated Fat||19 g|
How Will The Butterbeer Ice Cream Look And Taste Like?
The butterbeer ice cream looks like a frozen cloud with butterscotch swirls in it. It tastes sweet and, I must say, very butterbeer-y. The butterscotch sauce is the MC of this ice cream. You can taste the sweetness of the sugar and the condensed milk. The vanilla makes it smell absolutely amazing. I am afraid if you bring Amortentia near me, I’ll smell vanilla extract. I give this ice cream a Nimbus 2000 out of 10.
Butterbeer Ice Cream Recipe
- Small Pan
- Stand Mixer
- Loaf Pan lined with Wax Paper
- Wooden Spoon and Butter Knife
- 2 ¼ cups Heavy Whipping Cream (chilled)
- 1 (14-oz) can Sweet Condensed Milk (chilled)
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Place a small pan over medium heat and melt butter in it. Then, add brown sugar and vanilla extract and mix.
- After that, add ¼ cup of whipping cream and mix it well. While stirring every now and then, cook this sauce for about 15 minutes. When it has thickened, remove it from heat and allow it to cool.
- Then, in a stand mixer, add the remaining 2 cups of whipping cream and until it becomes fluffy. Add the condensed milk to it and mix again until it all becomes thick. Lastly, pour the butterscotch sauce into the mixer, leaving only a little in the pan for later. Mix it again.
- Pour this thick creamy mixture into a loaf pan that has been lined with wax paper. Now, drizzle the leftover sauce over the cream. Using a butter knife, make swirls of the sauce.
- All there’s left to do is freeze the ice cream. Place the pan in the freezer and let the ice cream freeze for about 5 hours. Then, take it and enjoy! Your butterbeer ice cream is ready!
So, this was the recipe for butterbeer ice cream. I hope you liked this recipe. Tell me in the comments how well you liked it. See you next time, fellow muggles.