Butterbeer cupcakes! Yup, that is the recipe for today. If you want a dessert table for a party filled with everything that tastes like butterbeer, other than butterbeer, of course (*nasal breathing* humph!), then these are the cupcakes for you.
Other additions to the table would include butterbeer fudge and butterbeer cookies (I already love this party). The recipe for these cupcakes also includes the recipe for the butterscotch sauce and a delicious butterscotch frosting.
The butterbeer craze has reached all the Potterheads. It is not limited only to the beverage now. There are all kinds of desserts in the flavor of the fictional (now real) beverage. It is an independent flavor now, actually. So, the butterbeer cupcakes are only a name on the ever-growing list of butterbeer-flavored desserts. You have to have these for parties.
The cupcakes are spongy, covered in a sticky sauce, and topped with a feathery light frosting. I know after so much hyping, you want the recipe now (that was my trick all along).
One more thing! When you scroll down, you’ll find butter extract listed in the ingredients. It helps enhance the taste of your cupcakes. But what it you don’t have it. In that case, you can use any of butter extract substitutes that are all listed here. Find the one that you think fits best.
So, take some time out and check the recipe for Butterbeer cupcakes now. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Harry Potter recipes from our website.
1. Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice : Pumpkin juice is the second best drink in the wizarding world. Now, you can drink it too. Just mix some apple cider, pumpkin sugar, vanilla and some sugar and spice. Serve it on the rocks and enjoy!
2. Harry Potter Pumpkin Pasties : We all want the Honeydukes Trolley treats. Here’s a step closer with these delicious pumpkin pasties. These half moon pies are filled with a sweet and spicy pumpkin filling. These are perfect partners to your fall aesthetic and your pumpkin spice latte.
3. Harry Potter Birthday Cake : Remember the birthday cake Hagrid made for 11th birthday? The part where he says to Harry “Ye’r a wizard, Harry”. You can make the exact birthday cake. Just make a delicious chocolate cake with a vanilla buttercream. The real magic is in the decoration, especially the spellings.
4. Harry Potter Butterbeer Ice Cream : Want to make the butterbeer ice cream just like the one at Universal Studios. I am here to help. Just mix the butterscotch sauce with some whipped cream. All there’s left to is freeze it and wait and yes, there’s no churning in this recipe.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Butterbeer Cupcakes?
- Cupcake Pan with Cupcake Liners – You obviously need cupcake pans to make cupcakes. But if you find Harry Potter liners, that’d just be the best.
- Medium-Sized Bowl – Use this bowl to mix the dry ingredients. What dry ingredients? That you’ll get to know in the steps below. Smart, ain’t I?
- Stand Mixer – The stand mixer is your savior. Otherwise, you’ll have to do a lot of mixing.
- Oven – Without the oven, all of this preparation is futile, really. Where are you gonna cook it?
- Small Metal Bowl – A small metal bowl to make the butterscotch sauce.
- Small Saucepan – A small saucepan to heat the cream to make the butterscotch sauce (feels like Deja Vu).
- Frosting Bag – After you have made the frosting, add it to a frosting bag. Add a cute piping tip as well.
- Spatula and Whisk – There’s a lot of mixing and whisking in this recipe. Keep these two close for that.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Butterbeer Cupcakes?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||20 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Butterbeer Cupcakes?
For The Cupcakes
- All-Purpose Flour – The flour gives the cupcakes a body. The rest of the ingredients give it a soul.
- Light Brown Sugar – This is to sweeten the cupcakes but not too much. We don’t want to make them extra sweet because we have to top them with the sauce and the frosting.
- Toffee Bits – Add in a few toffee bits to give a crunchy surprise in between bites.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder – Nobody likes a flat cupcake. Everybody wants the cupcake to have a small round peak. The baking powder and soda help achieve that.
- Salt – A pinch of salt helps to balance the flavors.
- Eggs – The eggs give the cupcakes richness and act as a binding agent. They also make them spongey.
- Vegetable Oil – The oil also adds richness and moisture to the cupcakes.
- Butter Extract and Vanilla Extract – These two extracts give the cupcakes the gift of taste and aroma. The butter extract adds a butter-like taste to the cupcakes and do I even need to mention what sweet vanilla does?
- Buttermilk – The buttermilk also adds moisture, richness, and smoothness to the cupcakes. With so many ingredients adding to that, you know they are going to be amazing cupcakes.
- Cream Soda – The cream soda is added to give the cupcakes a complete butterbeer experience.
For The Frosting
- Heavy Cream – Heavy cream is the ingredient that acts as the medium for other additions. It is to the frosting what flour is to the cupcake.
- Instant Butterscotch Pudding Mix Dry- Add the butterscotch flavor to the frosting with the butterscotch pudding mix.
- Powdered Sugar – You want your frosting to be sweet, don’t you? Then, add powdered sugar to it.
- Butter Extract – The butter extract gives the frosting the complete butterbeer effect.
For The Sauce
- Butterscotch Chips – The sauce is simple, really. You have your butterscotch chips to make it sweet.
- Heavy Cream – You have the heavy cream to make it creamy and rich. That’s it.
Steps To Make Butterbeer Cupcakes
1. Tiny Cakes In The Pans
Here’s the plan. First, we make the cupcakes. While they’re baking, we’ll prepare the sauce and the frosting. You’re with me? Let’s go. Start by preheating the oven to 350℉ and putting the liners in the cupcake pan (remember, if you find Harry Potter liners, that’d be the best!).
Then, take a medium bowl and add flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to it. Whisk these dry ingredients together. After that, take a stand mixer and add eggs, oil, butter extract, vanilla extract, and buttermilk to it. Mix them until they are combined well (I sound boring, I know).
Add the dry mixture to the stand mixer in two parts and mix. Lastly, pour in the cream soda and mix to form a smooth batter (lumps are not welcome). Fill the cupcake liners with ¼ cup of batter each. Don’t fill them up completely. Then, place the pan in the oven and bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes. Then, take them out and let them cool for a few minutes.
2. Butter-Butter Sauce Sauce
In a small metal bowl, add the butterscotch chips. Then, take a medium saucepan and add the heavy cream to it.
Heat the cream at a simmer for 2 minutes and then pour it over the butterscotch chips.
Let it sit for a minute (or until you see that the butterscotch chips are melting) and then mix it with a whisk to make a smooth sauce. After that, place in the refrigerator for half an hour.
3. Butter In The Frosting!
In the stand mixer, add the sugar, butterscotch mix, butter extract, and heavy cream. Mix until a thick and fluffy cloud of cream forms. Transfer it to a piping bag and keep it aside.
4. Now, We Get To The Good Part
After you have done the preparations, it is time for the best part; decoration. Take the cupcakes and dip them in the sauce. Let them sit for 10-15 minutes. Then, pipe some frosting over them and shower them with some sprinkles. Also, if the sprinkles are lightning ones, you know, like Harry’s scar, that’d be just awesome.
Your delicious butterbeer cupcakes are ready! Place on a plate and click at least a thousand pictures of it before you take the big bite.
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
How Will Butterbeer Cupcakes Look And Taste Like?
The butterbeer cupcakes are golden dipped in a sweet butterscotch sauce with a butterscotch frosting on top. So, it is safe to say that they look gorgeous. They taste butter, butterscotch, sweet dreams, and a good life. The sauce makes them sweet and sticky and the frosting is as light as a fairy’s wings. These are the perfect cupcakes for your Harry Potter obsession.
Butterbeer Cupcakes Recipe
For The Cupcakes
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Toffee Bits
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 3 large Eggs
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Butter Extract
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Buttermilk
- ½ cup Cream Soda
For The Frosting
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- ⅓ cup Instant Butterscotch Pudding Mix dry
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 teaspoons Butter Extract
For The Sauce
- ¾ cup Butterscotch Chips
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
Making The Cupcakes
- Start by preheating the oven to 350℉ and putting the liners in the cupcake pan.
- Then, take a medium bowl and add flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder to it. Whisk these dry ingredients together.
- After that, take a stand mixer and add eggs, oil, butter extract, vanilla extract, and buttermilk to it. Mix them until they are combined well.
- Add the dry mixture to the stand mixer in two parts and mix. Lastly, pour in the cream soda and mix to form a smooth batter.
- Fill the cupcake liner with ¼ cup of batter each and place the pan in the oven. Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes.
- Then, take them out and let them cool for a few minutes.
Making The Sauce
- In a small metal bowl, add the butterscotch chips. Then, take a medium saucepan and add the heavy cream to it.
- Heat the cream at a simmer for 2 minutes and then pour it over the butterscotch chips.
- Let it sit for a minute and then mix it to make a smooth sauce. After that, place in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Making The Frosting
- In the stand mixer, add the sugar, butterscotch mix, butter extract, and heavy cream. Mix until a thick cream forms.
- Transfer it to a piping bag and keep it aside.
Decorating The Cupcakes
- After you have done the preparations, take the cupcakes and dip them in the sauce. Let them set for 10-15 minutes. Then, pipe some frosting over them and shower some sprinkles.
- Your delicious butterbeer cupcakes are ready!
This was all about the butterbeer cupcakes recipe. If you loved the recipe, let me know in the comments. If you have any suggestions of your own, fire the comments with those well. See you next time.