The problem of kids nowadays is to choose which cracker they want to eat because there are myriad variations in the market but are they safe? I don’t think so. If you agree with me and you are a caring parent want to give to the child the best.
I have a solution for you which is Homemade Butter Crackers. You can make them at home and I have a recipe which I got from my mother and a special memory regarding these crackers.
When I was a kid my mother used to make these crackers for me and I found them very tasty and sumptuous because they are the best crackers I ever eat and If we talk about today also, I just want those crackers but now I am away from my home.
One day, I called my mother to ask Butter Crackers Recipe because I was craving badly for them and she explained, and after I made them, they were as same as my mother made for me.
So, I decided to share Butter Crackers Recipe with you people so, you can make them at home with worrying about the health. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Sausage Biscuits– These handy biscuits are so delicious that you will not be able to stop yourself from having one after the other. You can serve these biscuits with a soup or an egg dish. Munching these biscuits will surely be a delight.
2. Snickerdoodle– Snickerdoodle is a cookie made of flour, white sugar, butter and rolled in cinnamon sugar with eggs, baking soda and cream of the tart. Its texture is crisp outside on the edges but soft inside.
3. Mincemeat Cookies– These flavorful cookies would surely make your day and you would like to have more of them. Yummy mincemeat cookies are go-getters for every small or big occasion.
4. Bob Evans Sausage Gravy– Bob Evans is a very old restaurant chain and they serve some of the best kind of cheese, macaroni and sausage gravy.
Ingredients For Butter Crackers
|All-Purpose Flour||1 Cup|
|Baking Powder||1 tbsp|
|Cold Unsalted Butter||1|
|Peanut Oil||2 tbsp|
|Poppy Seeds||2/3 Cup|
|Kosher Salt||1/2 tsp|
|Wheat Flour||2/3 Cup|
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Baking Time||Total Time|
|40 Mins||20 Mins||60 Mins|
Butter Crackers Recipe
- In a large bowl add both the flours, baking powder, salt, and milk mix them properly.
- Place cubed cold butter and combine.
- In the mixture add peanut oil, honey, and poppy seeds and combine the mixture.
- Let sit for 10 minutes. In a processor place the mixture that was in the bowl and in the running processor, slowly drizzle in the water until it will convert into a ball.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Get the dough out from the oven and cut it into your favourite shapes and place it on baking sheets and prick it with toothpick into each cracker with 10-12 holes.
- In the oven, place the baking sheet and bake it for 8 minutes.
- After baking removes the crackers and brush them with melted butter and sprinkle flaky salt.
- Cool them or you can store them.
Nutritional Facts of Butter Crackers Recipe