Burger King is known for its lovely flame-grilled burgers. But we can all agree that some sides served at Burger King are genuinely delicious! One such side that everyone loves is their mozzarella sticks, and in this article, you will learn how to make these at home!
There have been many sides on the Burger King menu that have come and gone. However, mozzarella sticks have remained a favorite among many ever since their first debut. They are indeed everything that a cheese lover would like!
These mozzarella sticks are perfectly crispy on the outside, and once you bite into them, you get an explosion of gooey and stringy mozzarella cheese. The best part is they can be served with many sides, making them taste even better!
This recipe is straightforward to follow and is a great quick snack for when you have unexpected guests at home. The recipe is also perfect for beginners, as there are barely any ingredients or steps to make them.
So, in this article, you will find a complete guide on how to make these Burger King mozzarella sticks at home, starting with the equipment. You will also learn the ingredients, method, and what these cheesy sticks can be served with. So, let’s explore the recipe!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Burger King Mozzarella Sticks?
- Bowl – This recipe will require a large bowl to whisk the eggs in.
- Whisk – A whisk is the best equipment to get your eggs right, with no lumps. You can also use a fork if you don’t have a whisk.
- Plates – Two shallow containers will be needed to coat the mozzarella cheese with breadcrumbs and flour before frying them. External plates work better than bowls due to their larger surface area. Once they are fried, you will need a large plate to place the mozzarella sticks in.
- Measuring Cups – The measuring cups are handy if you want your ingredients to be precise, just like me.
- Deep Frying Pan – You can use a deep fryer to fry the mozzarella sticks. But, if you don’t have one, you can also use a deep pan that is fit for frying.
- Perforated Spoon – This equipment will make it easy to remove the sticks from the oil once they are done frying and remove excess fat.
- Baking Sheet – You will need a large baking sheet to place your mozzarella sticks on once they are dipped and ready to fry.
- Paper Towels – Lastly, once you are done frying the sticks, place them on paper towels to remove all the excess oil.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Burger King Mozzarella Sticks?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||5 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Burger King Mozzarella Sticks?
- Mozzarella String Cheese – The main ingredient of this recipe is the mozzarella string cheese sticks, 10 of them for two portions.
- Flour – A whole cup of flour will be needed for this recipe, as it will form the first layer before frying the sticks.
- Eggs – 4 whole eggs will make up the wet dip for this recipe.
- Milk – Mix ½ cup of milk with the eggs to get an evenly thin wet dip.
- Breadcrumbs – Lastly, we will coat the mozzarella string cheese sticks in breadcrumbs right before frying them. You can use panko breadcrumbs for the same, as that will make the sticks crispy.
- Oil – Depending on the equipment you will use to fry the sticks, you will need oil for frying.
Steps To Make Burger King Mozzarella Sticks
1. Get The Sticks Ready
Firstly before you fry the mozzarella sticks, get all the ingredients ready. Start with slicing mozzarella into bars, in case you use a block. Then, in a bowl, combine the eggs and milk.
Now, add flour and breadcrumbs to the two shallow plates in the other. I recommend arranging all these ingredients to make the process easier. For that, place the flour first, then the eggs, and lastly the breadcrumbs, followed by a baking sheet to place them on.
2. Dip and Fry!
Once all your ingredients are in order, you can begin making your mozzarella sticks. Firstly, preheat the oil and let it get to a temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, take each stick and coat it with flour, then dip in the egg mixture, and lastly, coat with breadcrumbs.
Place the prepared stick on a baking sheet and repeat this with all the sticks. Once they are done, and the oil is hot enough, fry them for 5 minutes until golden brown. Place them on a paper towel to drain excess oil, then serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
Dipping Sauces That Can Be Served With Burger King Mozzarella Sticks:
- Marinara Sauce – Marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese are a match made in heaven, so this sauce surely tops the list!
- BBQ Sauce – This sauce tends to have a lovely balance of sweet, tangy, and spicy flavors. For those who love a great BBQ sauce, you would know that it can pair well with absolutely anything, including mozzarella sticks.
- Spicy Mayonnaise – Regular mayonnaise might not add much to the flavor of these sticks, but if you go for a spicy version of the same, like a chipotle mayonnaise, it will surely add a ton of flavor to your mozzarella sticks.
- Remoulade Sauce – Similar to spicy mayonnaise, this zesty sauce packs many delicious flavors, which pair well with mozzarella sticks.
- Hummus – This one may be out there, but if you want to experiment with flavors and textures, hummus can be an excellent accompaniment to mozzarella sticks.
|Saturated Fat||3.7 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.9 g|
|Vitamin D||0.1 mcg|
What Will Burger King Mozzarella Sticks Look And Taste Like?
If made per the recipe, the mozzarella sticks will look the same as those at Burger King. They have a perfectly golden brown exterior, which looks delicious and appetizing.
The flavor, too, is excellent since you first get a bite of the crispy exterior, then you get a burst of gooey cheese from inside. The dipping sauces add a lot of flavors as well. Overall, the perfect snack to have on your cheat day!
Gooey Burger King Mozzarella Sticks Copycat Recipe
- Measuring cups
- Deep Frying Pan
- Perforated Spoon
- Baking Sheet
- Paper Towels
- 10 nos. Mozzarella String Cheese
- 1 cup Flour
- 4 nos. Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- Oil For Frying
- Add eggs and milk to a bowl and whisk till combined.
- Add flour to one shallow plate and breadcrumbs to the other, and keep a baking sheet ready next to the breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the oil to 375 degrees in the equipment of your choice.
- Coat a mozzarella stick with flour, dip it in the egg mixture, and coat it with breadcrumbs before placing it on a baking sheet.
- Repeat this process with the remaining sticks.
- Fry them in the preheated oil for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the fryer with a perforated spoon, and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauces!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can a block of mozzarella cheese be used instead of string cheese sticks?
Yes, you can also use a block of mozzarella if you would like. Just cut ten portions out of the block into medium-sized sticks.
Can these sticks be baked?
You can also bake these mozzarella sticks if you want a healthier version. They can be baked at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes.
Can spices be added to the flour mix?
Add some herbs and spices to the flour mix if you want your mozzarella sticks to have an extra zesty flavor.
Is it okay to shallow fry the mozzarella sticks?
I recommend not doing so because shallow frying will not give them the desired flavor or texture.
Perfectly crispy on the outside with a gooey center, these mozzarella sticks are the best you may ever have. The flavors go well with each other. They are easy and quick to make and can be served with a bunch of dipping sauces! Once you try these at home, you won’t miss the ones from Burger King ever again!