A few years ago, Burger King came up with a lovely side: their classic Mac n Cheetos, a complete crowd-pleaser. Now, you can make these cheesy treats right at home with this simple Burger King Mac N Cheetos copycat recipe!
We all can agree that Mac n Cheese is one of the best things that was ever created by humankind. There’s tons of macaroni, all with a gooey and delicious cheese sauce. Unless you are lactose intolerant, there is nothing not to like about this!
Moreover, elevated versions of this simple delicacy must be the best snacks ever! These are the safest bet for cooking for a crowd, as they can surely please children and adults alike! Also, the version that Burger King brought was beyond delicious, combining mac and cheese with Cheetos!
So, as this was a promotional bit at Burger King years ago, they were on the menu for a minimal time. This indeed disappointed a lot of customers. If you, just like me, are one of those customers who would like to grab a Mac n Cheetos sometimes, this recipe is undoubtedly for you!
The best part about this recipe is that it is easy to follow, and does not matter how much of a pro you are in the kitchen! In this post, I have included a step-by-step guide on making this Burger King delicacy at home with everything you will need. So, let’s begin!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Burger King Mac N Cheetos?
- Bowl – This recipe will need three medium-sized bowls, one for the wet dip and the other two for the dry rub.
- Whisk – A whisk will make it easy to make the wet dip for this recipe.
- Measuring Cups – This equipment is optional, but a set is undoubtedly handy if you like precise measurements.
- Baking Pan – To get the sizes of all the Mac n Cheetos right and uniform, you will need a baking pan or any rectangular pan. I recommend one that is 12 inches by 8 inches in size.
- Food Processor – A food processor will help process the Cheetos into fine crumbs. You can also use a rolling pin to bang the Cheetos to make a fine powder.
- Parchment Paper – You will need a piece of parchment paper to line the baking pan so that the mac and cheese do not stick to the sides of the base.
- Large Knife – A large knife will be needed to cut out pieces of frozen mac and cheese before frying.
- Frying Pan – A frying pan deep enough to fry these in batches will work fine for this recipe.
- Perforated Spoon – A perforated spoon will make it much easier to remove the excess oil, while you take the Mac n Cheetos out of the pan.
- Plate – A large plate or tray will place the Mac n Cheetos once ready.
- Paper Towels – Lastly, we will line the plate with paper towels again to remove excess oil.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Burger King Mac N Cheetos?
|Preparation Time||Chilling Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||2 Hours||10 Minutes||2 Hours 25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Burger King Mac N Cheetos?
- Mac N Cheese – The best Mac and cheese to use is leftovers, since they hold their shape much better. You can use either boxed or homemade mac and cheese of your choice, 2 cups of the same will be more than enough for five portions.
- Cheetos – About two cups of Cheetos is the other primary ingredient in this recipe.
- Flour – Before dipping the Mac n Cheetos into the wet egg mixture, we will coat them with a cup of all-purpose flour. This will help with giving them a crispy exterior.
- Eggs – A total of two eggs will be enough to prepare the wet dip of this recipe.
- Milk – We will add ½ cup of milk to the egg mix to get just the right consistency.
- Vegetable Oil – Vegetable oil will best fry these Mac n Cheetos since it has a high heat point and a neutral flavor. You can also use grapeseed oil if you would like.
Steps To Make Burger King Mac N Cheetos
1. Prepare and Freeze
Firstly, we will start by preparing the Mac n Cheese. Now here, you can either make Mac and cheese how you would like or heat the leftover Mac n Cheese you have. Once it has a softer consistency, transfer it to the baking pan, lined with parchment.
Spread out the mac and cheese with the back of a spoon to ensure the top surface is as even as possible. It will surely make dividing everything much more accessible. Now, place the baking pan in the freezer for two hours.
2. Coat and Fry!
Once the mac and cheese have frozen for two hours, you can take it out of the freezer, and cut out about ten pieces of the same. This will give you five portions since the mac and cheese sticks will be long and heavy.
Once you cut out the pieces, place them on a baking sheet and let them freeze again, while preparing the wet and dry ingredients for dipping. Firstly, in one bowl, add the all-purpose flour.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk and eggs. Lastly, place the Cheetos in a food processor to prepare a fine crumb, then transfer the crumb to a bowl. Now, heat some oil in the frying pan, till it reaches a temperature of roughly 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
Please remove the Mac and Cheese from the refrigerator, then coat each with flour. Then, dip them in the egg mix and coat them with crushed Cheetos before adding them to the frying pan.
Fry for about 5 minutes, in batches, until they have a golden brown exterior. Place on a plate lined with paper towels to remove the excess oil. Serve hot with a side of Ranch dipping sauce!
|Saturated Fat||4.5 g|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
How Will The Burger King Mac N Cheetos Look and Taste Like?
These homemade Mac N Cheetos will look precisely like the ones you got at Burger King. They are long and crispy, with the perfect coating of Cheetos on the outside. They are also crispy outside, with a warm and gooey center.
As you bite into one of these, you will get a lovely flavor of gooey mac and cheese, followed by a kick of spice from the crushed Cheetos. Pair these with any of your favorite dipping sauces to enjoy a surreal experience!
Cheesy Burger King Mac N Cheetos Recipe
- Measuring cups
- Baking Pan
- Food Processor
- Parchment Paper
- Large Knife
- Frying Pan
- Perforated Spoon
- Paper Towels
- 2 cups Mac N Cheese
- 2 cups Cheetos
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 eggs Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Heat leftover mac and cheese and spread it in a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Leave in the freezer for 2 hours.
- After the two-hour mark, remove the pan from the freezer and cut out ten pieces. Place the pieces on a baking sheet and return them to the freezer until you finish all the preps.
- In a frying pan, heat oil enough for deep frying until it reaches a temperature of 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the flour in a bowl; in another bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Add Cheetos to a food processor and process until you get fine crumbs. Add these crumbs to a bowl.
- Now, please take out the frozen Mac and cheese sticks, coat each with the flour, dip them in the egg mixture, and finally, dust them with the Cheetos crumbs.
- Add these to the frying pan with the preheated oil, and fry in batches for about 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Take them out of the pan with a perforated spoon to remove excess oil, and place them on a plate lined with paper towels, again to remove extra oil.
- Serve hot with Ranch dipping sauce!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can boxed Mac and Cheese be used for this recipe?
Yes, this recipe can use boxed or homemade mac and cheese.
Is it necessary to freeze the mac and cheese before frying?
Yes, freezing is essential to the recipe, as it will ensure that the sticks stay intact while frying.
What sort of Cheetos can be used for this recipe?
Regular Cheetos work fine, but you can also use Flamin’ Hot Cheetos if you want to experiment.
Can a little spice be added to the flour mix?
If you would like the Mac and Cheetos to be extra zesty, add a bit of cayenne pepper to the flour mix.
Can you bake the Mac n Cheetos instead of frying them?
Yes, you can very well bake the Mac n Cheetos instead of frying them, at a temperature of 320 degrees Fahrenheit, for 12 minutes.
What dipping sauce works best with this recipe?
In my opinion, Ranch is the best option. But you can also go for a zesty sauce or chipotle mayonnaise if you would like to.
Crispy, gooey, and delicious, these Mac and Cheetos have the perfect balance of spice with melty and gooey cheese. Burger King may not offer these anymore, but I can guarantee that once you make these at home, you will never miss the ones from Burger King again!