Burger King is known for serving lovely sweet, and savory breakfast options. Some of these options are all-time favorites for most, like their cini minis! This article will look at how you can make these Burger King cini minis right at home!
Cini Minis was one of the best-selling breakfast items at Burger King. These were first introduced back in 1990 and then were off the menu. Then, Burger King added them back to the menu in 2018, just for a little while.
However, these were again removed from the menu, and that disappointed a whole lot of customers. A lot of people signed petitions to bring these back, but Burger King somehow never got them back on the menu.
It is fine waiting for Burger King to return them to their menu! Instead, you can make these cini minis at home! The recipe is simple to follow and barely requires any ingredients or time.
Moreover, the best part is that you can use store-bought ingredients for the base of this recipe. That’s how beginner-friendly this recipe is!
In this article, you will find a complete guide on making these cini minis at home, from the equipment to the method and everything in between!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Burger King Cini Minis?
- Measuring Cups – As baking is all about precision with measurements, measuring cups are a convenient tool.
- Measuring Spoons – Measuring spoons will help measure ingredients needed in smaller quantities.
- Bowls – Two medium-sized bowls will be needed for this recipe, one for making the icing and the other for filling the rolls.
- Rolling Pin – A rolling pin will help roll out the dough before spreading the cinnamon sugar.
- Pastry Brush – A pastry brush will help spread melted butter on the crescent rolls.
- Knife – Once the log is rolled, a large knife will be needed to cut out pieces of the cini minis.
- Parchment Paper – A piece of parchment paper will stop the cini minis from sticking to the baking tray.
- Baking Tray – A large baking tray will be needed to place the cini minis.
- Whisk – A large whisk will help mix while making the icing for the cini minis.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Burger King Cini Minis?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||12 Minutes||22 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Burger King Cini Minis?
For The Cini Minis:
- Crescent Rolls – We will use crescent roll dough as the base for this recipe, making the whole process much more manageable. A single portion or 8 oz of the same will be needed.
- Unsalted Butter – About two tablespoons of melted, unsalted butter will be spread on the crescent rolls, as that will help the cinnamon sugar stick to the surface.
- Brown Sugar – For this recipe, we will use ⅓ cup of brown sugar to give the cini minis a lovely, malty flavor. Light brown sugar would be ideal, but you can also use dark brown sugar if you would like.
- Ground Cinnamon – This recipe will only be what it is with this main spice, a tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
For The Icing:
- Powdered Sugar – Powdered sugar has the perfect consistency to dissolve and make the icing, and here you will need ½ cup of the same.
- Milk – About 1 ½ tablespoons of milk you like will work fine.
- Vanilla Extract – Lastly, ⅛ teaspoon of vanilla extract will help give the icing a better flavor.
Steps To Make Burger King Cini Minis
1. Get On With The Pre-Preps
For any recipe, pre-preparations are just as important as the following steps. Here, start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Next, line the baking tray with parchment paper and keep it aside.
Melt the butter, and mix the ground cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl. Open up the crescent roll dough, and divide it into four evenly sized portions. Keep your rolling pin and the rest of the equipment ready.
2. Roll and Bake!
Once you have divided the crescent roll dough, roll out each portion into a rectangle. Now, with the help of a pastry brush, spread some unsalted butter on each rectangle evenly, then sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture evenly.
Roll each rectangle into a log, and cut small pieces out of them. Lay each piece of the rolled dough onto the baking tray lined with parchment paper. Now, bake the cini minis in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Take them out of the range and let them cool slightly before taking them off the baking sheet.
3. Drizzle with Icing
While your cini minis are cooling down, you can prepare the icing that goes on top. Mix the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a small bowl with a whisk. With a spoon or directly out of the bowl, drizzle the icing on the cini minis before you devour them!
Some Tips That You Can Keep In Mind While Making Burger King Cini Minis:
- Make sure you roll the logs tight; otherwise, they may open up while baking.
- Try not to use salted butter for this recipe, not even as a substitute. Salted butter will indeed not balance well with the recipe.
- If you want, you can also use other spices along with cinnamon. Apple pie spice and pumpkin pie spice go well.
- The cini minis can be prepared and stored in the refrigerator until it is time to bake them.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||127 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
How Will The Burger King Cini Minis Look And Taste Like?
For people who are not used to baking at all, the whole idea of it may seem like an intimidating task. Luckily, this recipe is perfect for beginners, so it is indeed tough to go wrong if you follow the steps right.
Regarding the look, cini minis look precisely like the ones you would get at Burger King. They look like mini cinnamon buns, with the perfect char from the brown sugar and the white glaze on top, making them look very appealing.
The flavor is well-balanced and tastes like the original version from Burger King. The brown sugar creates moisture inside, giving the cini minis a malty flavor. Lastly, the cinnamon complements the brown sugar well, giving the cini minis a warm and fuzzy feeling with every bite!
Burger King Cini Minis Recipe
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Brush
- Parchment Paper
- Baking Tray
For The Cini Minis:
- 8 oz. Crescent Rolls
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
For The Icing:
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Divide the crescent dough into four equal portions.
- Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl and prepare the melted butter.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a rectangle, and spread melted unsalted butter on all of them with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle equal amounts of cinnamon sugar on all, and roll each rectangle into a tight log.
- Cut out pieces from each log and place them on the baking tray lined with parchment.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes until they have golden brown tops.
- Mix the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Drizzle this icing on top of the baked cini minis, then serve!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can spices other than cinnamon be used for this recipe?
Yes, you can also use spices like cardamon, or apple pie spice if you would like.
Can these cini minis be stored for a long time?
Yes, cini minis can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Can the cini minis be stored before baking?
Yes, you can prepare the cini minis and store them in the refrigerator for a day before eventually baking them.
Can the icing be made thicker?
Yes, you can make a thicker icing if you would like. Just add an extra ⅛ cup of sugar to the recipe.
These bite-sized baked goodies make for the perfect sweet breakfast, to begin with. Most people have often missed this menu item from Burger King, but now you can make these at home! Let me know in the comments how the recipe turned out for you!