Skip the drive-thru and prepare a copycat Burger King chicken sandwich at home. With just a few elements, this chicken sandwich is a full-fledged meal. Today I will share the secret for making crispy chicken filet. Scroll down to know the full recipe!
Making this copycat sandwich is the easiest way to fulfill your cravings. We need ground chicken, mayonnaise, toasted sesame bun, lettuce, rice vinegar, and some other spices. In case you don’t have ground chicken, you can simply mash your chicken breast to turn it into ground meat.
Moving forward, form the bun-size chicken patty with the ground meat. Breading coat it and put it to shallow fry. The chicken filet is further clubbed with Burger King signature mayo and lettuce. However, you can add the fillings of your choice and add little tweaks to the copycat sandwich recipe.
This simply whipped copycat Burger King original chicken sandwich will surely surprise you with delightful flavors. Now let’s not delay and move on to the list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional value, and steps to make the chicken sandwich. Sway down! But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Burger King copycat recipes from our website.
1. Burger King Mocha Iced Coffee – The burger king iced coffee is a delicious coffee that comes in two flavors; vanilla iced coffee and mocha iced coffee. The coffee is made with high-quality Arabic roasted coffee beans. The coffee is made with coffee, chilled milk, ice, and sugar. Add vanilla syrup for vanilla flavor and cocoa powder for a mocha flavor.
2. Burger King Whopper – The burger king whopper is a delicious burger that is juicy and delicious. The burger has big burger sandwiches and flame-grilled patty that have a smoky flavor. The flame-grilled beef patties are served with onion, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, jalapenos, and sauces.
3. Burger King Cheesy Tots – The burger king cheesy tots are delicious and irresistible snacks. They are made with shredded potato shaped into nuggets stuffed with rich cheese. The potatoes are mixed with spices, stuffed with cheese, covered with breadcrumbs, and then fried. That’s all you need to make these delicious cheesy snacks.
4. Burger King Oreo Shake – The burger king oreo shake is a rich and creamy milkshake. It is made with Oreo crushed cookies, milk, vanilla ice cream, sugar, whipped cream, and vanilla essence. You can just make this delicious milkshake in one blend. Top your Oreo shake with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and crushed oreo cookies.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Burger King Chicken Sandwich?
- Trays – Take three trays or long bowl plates to coat the chicken.
- Frying Pan – Fry the chicken patty by using a frying pan.
- Perforated Ladle – Use a perforated ladle while frying the chicken filet. Flipping it with the ladle will remove the excess oil.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Burger King Chicken Sandwich?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Burger King Chicken Sandwich?
- Ground Chicken – Use ground chicken for chicken patties. If you wish to make ground chicken, then simply take the chicken breasts and blend them well.
- Roasted Bun – Take a long roasted bun with sesame seeds on the top.
- Mayonnaise – Add a mayonnaise spread on the original Burger King chicken sandwich.
- Egg – For coating the chicken patty, use beaten eggs.
- Lettuce – Take fresh lettuce to add some greens to the sandwich.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Rice Vinegar – A teaspoon of rice vinegar will add a little tang to the mayonnaise.
- Black Pepper – Use ground back pepper to the mayonnaise. It will bring out spicy and peppery flavors.
- All-Purpose Flour – Flip over the chicken patty in the dry flour for the coating.
- Smoked Paprika – Add a teaspoon of smoked paprika to the dry flour. While you coat with the flour, paprika brings out the heat and enhances the flavors.
- Cornflake crumbs – Coat the corn flakes crumbs over the smothered egg on the chicken patty.
Steps To Make Burger King Chicken Sandwich
1. Prep the chicken patty
Prepare to make the chicken patty with the help of ground chicken. With the help of your hands, form the shape of the patty as per the size of your bun bread.
In three trays or bowl plates, in one, you can add flour, salt, and smoked paprika. In another tray, add beaten eggs, and in the last tray, put some corn flakes crumbs for the coating. Coat the chicken patty with dry flour, then eggs, and finally with cornflake crumbs.
3. Frying Pry
Shallow fry the chicken patty in a preheated pan. Fry until you see a golden brown texture. Take them out on a wire rack to release the excess oil. Slather some melted butter on the bun and toast it for 2 minutes.
Club the sandwich by layering the mayonnaise. Then put the chicken patty and lettuce on the top. Season it with salt and pepper. Cover it with another bun on the top and serve!
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
How Will Burger King Chicken Sandwich Look And Taste Like?
Burger King chicken sandwich made at home looks beautifully clubbed with chicken filet and lettuce. The crunchy texture of chicken tastes delicious with fresh lettuce. Mayonnaise adds a juicy flavor to the sandwich. You can feel the heat added to the coating. The spices are well infused. All in all, this original chicken sandwich is juicy and crispy.
Burger King Chicken Sandwich Recipe
- Frying Pan
- Perforated Ladle
- 200 g Ground Chicken
- 2 loaves Sesame Seed Bun
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 Egg
- 2 sprigs Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 teaspoon Rice Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- Form the ground chicken in the shape of a patty as per the size of the bun.
- Season it with salt and pepper. Coat it with dry flour, then egg mix, and at last with breadcrumbs.
- Dust off the extra breadcrumbs and put them in the frying pan to shallow fry.
- Fry over medium heat to make it crispy and crunchy.
- Slather some melted butter on the toasted bun and put it to heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Layer the mayonnaise on one side of the bun. Place the chicken filet on top. Add fresh lettuce and cover it with the other bun. Serve with your choice of sauces.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What does Burger King put on their chicken sandwich?
Burger King adds crispy fried chicken filet, lettuce, and a signature mayo served on a long bun.
2. Is Burger King’s crispy chicken sandwich real chicken?
Yes, Burger King chicken sandwiches include real and fresh chicken meat. They assure you of 100%white meat chicken added.
3. Why is Burger King’s chicken sandwich long?
Burger King’s chicken sandwich is served in a long bun to make sure the tasty bites don’t end quickly.
4. What is Burger King’s new chicken sandwich called?
Burger King’s new chicken sandwich is called the Italian original chicken sandwich. It includes a long sub-like bun filled with crispy chicken patty, lettuce, and signature mayo.
Prepare this Burger King chicken sandwich copycat recipe at home. Let us know your experience in the comments section below.