As the name implies, Burger King cheesy tots are crispy potato balls. Filled with oozing melted cheese, crispy breadcrumbs coating, these hearty, cheesy tots are delightful. So, today we are back with another copycat recipe of Burger King cheesy tots at home with a yummy twist. Let’s have a look at the entire recipe!
For making Burger King cheesy tots, we need russet potatoes, processed cheddar cheese, and some flavorful spices. Loaded with cheese, these yummy copycat tots can be served with any sauces of your choice. Moreover, homemade Burger King cheesy tots can even make you cheat on your diet.
The copycat hot Burger King cheesy tots have bite-sized gooey cheese on the inside, crispy crunch on the outside. They are somewhat like little bombs. Also, due to the high demand, these cheesy tots keep on coming and going on the menu of Burger King. But we don’t have to worry anymore; we can make them at home with the easy recipe of cheesy tots.
Above all, you can freeze the extra leftover cheesy tots for up to 2-3 days and fry them later. Let’s jump onto the recipe for making copycat Burger King cheesy tots, a Super Bowl appetizer. The list of important ingredients, equipment, and steps to make these cheesy tots is mentioned below. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Burger King copycat recipes from our website.
1. Burger King Chicken Sandwich – The burger king chicken sandwich is a delicious and fresh sandwich. The burger is made with toasted sesame buns and crispy ground spicy chicken patties. The crispy and juicy patties are topped with creamy mayonnaise and fresh lettuce.
2. Burger King Mocha Iced Coffee – The burger king iced coffee is a delicious coffee that comes in two flavors; vanilla iced coffee and mocha iced coffee. The coffee is made with high-quality Arabic roasted coffee beans. The coffee is made with coffee, chilled milk, ice, and sugar. Add vanilla syrup for vanilla flavor and cocoa powder for a mocha flavor.
3. Burger King Whopper – The burger king whopper is a delicious burger that is juicy and delicious. The burger has big burger sandwiches and flame-grilled patty that have a smoky flavor. The flame-grilled beef patties are served with onion, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, jalapenos, and sauces.
4. Burger King Oreo Shake – The burger king oreo shake is a rich and creamy milkshake. It is made with Oreo crushed cookies, milk, vanilla ice cream, sugar, whipped cream, and vanilla essence. You can just make this delicious milkshake in one blend. Top your Oreo shake with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and crushed oreo cookies.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Burger King Cheesy Tots?
- Grater – Use a grater to shred half-boiled potatoes evenly.
- Saucepan – Before you bake and fry the potatoes, half boil them in a saucepan.
- Bowl – For breading, take bowls to add flour, egg wash, and breadcrumbs.
- Frying Pan – Deep-fry the cheese tots by using a frying pan.
- Tong – Tong will make it easy for you to flip the cheesy tots.
- Parchment Paper – Place the cheesy tots onto the parchment paper to bake.
- Oven – Bake the cheesy tots in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Wire Rack – Get rid of excess oil after frying by placing the cheesy tots on the wire rack.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Burger King Cheesy Tots?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Burger King Cheesy Tots?
- Russet Potatoes – Use russet potatoes for making cheesy tots as they are good for baking, french-frying, and mashing.
- Eggs – For coating, use egg wash. It will help the breadcrumbs to set nicely that brings out a nice texture.
- Cheddar Cheese – Here, for the cheese filling, we have used cheddar cheese. You can also use any other processed cheese.
- Flour – Using all-purpose flour helps in binding the shredded potatoes as well as in the coating.
- Canola Oil – Fry the cheese tots in preheated canola oil.
- Onion Powder – Add a teaspoon of onion powder for sweet and savory flavors.
- Smoked Paprika – Adding a teaspoon of smoked paprika will spice up the cheesy tots.Garlic Powder – Strong, pungent flavors can be added with a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Garlic Powder – Strong, pungent flavors can be added with a teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Cayenne Pepper – Just a pinch of cayenne pepper if you want mild spice.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Black Pepper – Sprinkle some black pepper to enhance peppery flavors.
- Panko Breadcrumbs – Coat the cheesy tots with panko breadcrumbs.
Steps To Make Burger King Cheesy Tots
1. Boil And Toil
Peel the potatoes and put them in a saucepan filled with water. Bring to a boil. Make sure you want the potatoes to be tender but not mushy. Once the potatoes are boiled, set them aside to cool. Shred them in a bowl, stir in the spices, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Then, shred some cheese and mix it well until it is combined. Add half a cup of all-purpose flour for binding the mixture. Use your hands to give them the proper shape of cheesy balls.
2. Roll In
In three separate bowls, put one in each, flour, egg wash, and breadcrumbs. Roll the cheesy tots first in flour, then the egg washes, and at last into the breadcrumbs. Make sure to cover the cheesy tots with the breadcrumbs properly. Place the coated cheesy tots onto the parchment paper and bake them in the oven for 5 minutes.
Take them out after 5 minutes and put them in the frying pan to frizzle. By using a tong, flip it over to cook on both sides. Turn off the heat once you see a golden brown texture. Put them on a wire rack to get rid of excess oil. Serve hot with ketchup.
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
How Will Burger King Cheesy Tots Look And Taste Like?
Burger King cheesy tots look crispy and crunchy on the outside and cheesy on the inside. Dipped with your favorite juicy sauces, they are appetizing. These tiny balls go straight up in your mouth at once. You will feel the crunch and cheese together.
Burger King Cheesy Tots Recipe
- 200 g Russet Potatoes
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup Flour
- ½ cup Canola Oil
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Put the peeled russet potatoes in a saucepan to boil. Boil until they soften and are tender. Let it cool when boiled.
- Shred boiled potatoes in a bowl. Add flour, cheddar cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, salt, and black pepper. Mix it well and with your hands, shape the cheesy tots in a small ball sphere.
- Pour flour, egg wash, and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls.
- Roll cheesy tots into the flour, then egg wash and breadcrumbs.
- Put them on parchment paper and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Once the cheesy tots are half baked, put them into the frying pan. Fry the tots in batches until golden brown.
- Take them out on a wire rack and serve hot with your favorite sauces.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are Cheesy Tots at Burger King Good?
Burger King cheesy tots are delicious. The melty delight inside the tots makes up for everything.
2. What are Burger King Cheesy Tots?
Burger King cheesy tots are small pods like potato balls. Filled with oozing cheese and coated with crispy breadcrumbs, they are baked to perfection.
3. Do Burger King Cheesy Tots have gluten?
Yes, Burger King cheesy tots contain gluten.
4. Are hash browns and tater tots the same?
Hash browns and tater tots are different as the hash browns are flat and spread out. Cheesy tots are formed into little balls. However, both are made by using shredded potatoes.
Excited to make these crispy and cheesy Burger King cheesy tots? If yes, then follow the full recipe and share your experience in the comments section below!