Burger King is one of those fast-food restaurants known for serving delicious breakfast options and burgers. One such top-selling breakfast item from their menu is their breakfast burrito, and in this article, you will learn how to make Burger King’s Breakfast Burrito at home!
In general, breakfast burritos are delicious. Whoever came up with this concept is truly a genius! Moreover, the one from Burger King is loaded. This breakfast burrito is packed with many components that complement each other well.
This breakfast burrito is packed with sausage, bacon, hash browns, and eggs, making it a complete meal. Just one of these with your choice of beverage in the morning, and you will surely be good to go for a few hours!
This recipe is also very versatile since there are quite a few variations you can try, as per your personal preferences. I will discuss some of these customizable variations later in the article so you have more options!
Here, you will find a complete list of equipment needed for this recipe, followed by the required time, ingredients, and method. Lastly, I have included the nutritional information for the same, for all the health buffs. Let’s explore this breakfast beauty now!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Burger King Breakfast Burrito?
- Oven Tray – To save time and get a great char on all the components, we will be cooking them in the oven.
- Wire Rack – The wire rack is necessary to ensure your bacon and hash browns are crispy.
- Bowl – A single, medium-sized bowl will be needed for this recipe to whisk the eggs for the scrambled eggs.
- Whisk – A whisk is the best equipment to mix the eggs; it will aerate them and make them fluffy.
- Skillet – A large skillet will be used for this recipe to prepare the scrambled eggs and heat the tortillas.
- Silicone Spatula – In my experience, a silicone spatula works best while scrambling eggs. But, if you don’t have one, you can use a metal spatula instead.
- Large Plate – An enormous plate will be needed in the end, just for the assembly of the burritos and to serve them.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Burger King Breakfast Burrito?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||40 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Burger King Breakfast Burrito?
- Tortilla – This is one of the main ingredients for this recipe, and as we will be making two portions, two flour or corn tortillas will work fine.
- Eggs – It can’t be a hearty breakfast burrito without scrambled eggs! You will need four large eggs for this recipe because we will make two giant burritos.
- Sausage Patties – Here, you can use two sausage patties or even ¼ cup of any breakfast sausage you choose.
- Hash Browns – Two of your favorite hash browns will work fine for two portions. You can also use ¼ cup of tater tots if you would like.
- Bacon – We will be challenged with the bacon, so I recommend using four slices for two portions. But you can alter this as per your liking.
- Butter – A tablespoon of salted butter will make the scrambled eggs and heat the tortillas.
- Cheddar Cheese – You will need roughly ¼ cup of shredded cheese, preferably cheddar, for this recipe.
- Salt – Technically, salt will not be needed since the bacon and sausages add a lot of seasoning. But, if you would like, you can add ½ teaspoon of salt to the eggs.
Steps To Make Burger King Breakfast Burrito
1. Heat All The Components
As preparing the sausage, bacon, and hash browns takes the longest, we will start with that. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Now, place the wire rack on the baking tray, and top it with the bacon slices, sausages, and hash browns.
Place them in the preheated oven and let them cook. The sausages and bacon will be done in 10 minutes, so you should take them out. After that, let the hash browns cook for another 10 minutes until they are nicely browned and crispy. Your first step is done!
2. Prepare The Eggs and Tortillas
While the rest of your components are heating up, you can prepare the eggs and tortillas for the burrito. In a large bowl, crack the eggs and whisk till they are light and fluffy. Now, heat a skillet over medium flame and add half the butter.
Add the whipped egg to the pan and mix them while cooking with a silicone spatula. Ensure you keep mixing them constantly, as we don’t want the eggs to be brown.
Once the eggs are cooked, take them out on a plate and cover them until further use. In the same pan, add the tortillas, one at a time, with the rest of the butter. Let them heat on each side for about 15 seconds until they have a little char. Take them out, and we have all our elements ready!
3. Assemble The Burritos
After all your components are ready to work with, you can assemble the burritos. For that, take a tortilla and half of the shredded cheese. Top this with half of the scrambled eggs and two slices of bacon.
Cut the hash browns and sausage patties into halves and add two halves to a burrito. Now, roll up the burrito, where you first need to press down the sides at the vertical ends of the toppings.
Then, roll up the burrito tightly from one of the empty sides of the tortilla, ensuring everything is tightly packed. This is just how I like to do it, but you can roll the burrito however you like. Repeat the same process with the second tortilla, and enjoy!
Some Ideas To Customize Your Burger King Breakfast Burrito:
If this breakfast burrito is too simple for your taste and you want to elevate it, you can! Here are a few ideas I like incorporating with my breakfast burrito.
- Use A Different Type Of Cheese – One of the easiest ways to amp up the flavor of your breakfast burrito is by switching the cheese. I like cheddar cheese, but even Pepper Jack and American cheese work well with this recipe.
- Use Meat Of Your Choice – Remember, the options above are just some standard ones that work well. If you would like, you can use any sausage or even turkey bacon.
- Spice Up Your Scrambled Eggs – Spicing scrambled eggs is also a great way to add flavor. Paprika, black pepper, and a little garlic powder will work wonders.
- Spice Up The Burrito – If we are alike at all, then any amount of spice is not good enough! Hence, if you want your breakfast burrito to be zesty, spread a few dashes of hot sauce onto the tortilla before adding the fillings.
- Add Veggies – For some of us, every meal is good enough with veggies! Adding a few leaves of lettuce or arugula here will surely do wonders for the flavor.
- Add Salsa and Guacamole – Lastly, returning to the humble burrito’s Mexican route, adding some salsa and guacamole will kick your breakfast burrito needs!
|Saturated Fat||20 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||19 g|
|Trans Fat||0.4 g|
|Vitamin A||826 IU|
|Vitamin C||0.4 mg|
How Will The Burger King Breakfast Burrito Look And Taste Like?
This homemade version of Burger King’s breakfast burrito is vast and filling. The burrito is loaded, and that can very easily be seen. The burrito might even be too much for people with smaller appetites to finish! But one thing is for sure; this burrito will keep anyone full for quite some time!
Coming to the burrito’s flavor, you will get to taste a symphony of different flavors as you bite into it. The eggs are perfectly soft, fluffy, and buttery, paired with crispy bacon and hash browns, creating a lovely texture. Lastly, the sausage adds flavor, and the cheese gives it a gooey taste. If you customize it, the flavors can be even more enjoyable!
Hearty Burger King Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- Oven Tray
- Wire Rack
- Silicone Spatula
- Large Plate
- 2 nos. Tortillas
- 4 nos. Eggs
- 2 nos. Sausage Patties
- 2 nos. Hash Browns
- 4 strips Bacon
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the hash browns, bacon, and sausage patty on a baking tray lined with a wire rack and bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes, please take out the bacon and sausage patties, but let the hash browns cook further until they are crispy and golden brown, roughly another 10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium flame.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and whisk till they are light and fluffy.
- Add half of the butter to the skillet, and once it melts, add the eggs.
- Let them cook over medium heat while constantly stirring with a silicone spatula. Make sure that the eggs don’t brown.
- Once cooked, take them out on a plate and cover them until further use.
- Add tortillas in the same skillet, one at a time, with the rest of the butter, heating each side for just 10 seconds. Take them out and keep them aside.
- To assemble, add half the cheese to a tortilla and top with half the scrambled eggs.
- Place two slices of bacon, and cut the hash brown and sausage patties into halves.
- Place two halves of each in the burrito, then roll it up by first tucking in the sides.
- Repeat this process with the second tortilla, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can a little milk be added to the scrambled eggs mix?
If you want your scrambled eggs to be creamy, add some milk, but not more than a few teaspoons, as that might make the eggs runny.
Can corn tortillas be used to make these burritos?
Yes, you can use flour or corn tortillas to make these burritos.
Can spices be added to the scrambled eggs?
Yes, you can add a bit of spice to the scrambled eggs if you like.
Can the tortillas be heated in the microwave?
You can heat the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Can these burritos be made in advance and then frozen?
Yes, you can make these burritos in advance and freeze them until later. Just make sure to wrap them tightly so they don’t get soggy.
Can this breakfast burrito be reheated?
Yes, you can reheat breakfast burritos if you would like. Microwave is the best way to do so.
What can be used in place of hash browns?
If you don’t have hash browns, tater tots make an excellent substitute for them for this breakfast burrito.
Hearty, filling, and delicious, this breakfast burrito will surely be your favorite way to start the day. The burrito is packed with all sorts of breakfast specials, making it a lovely combination. Moreover, it can be customized the way you would like! If you ever crave the breakfast burrito from Burger King, this recipe surely needs to be tried out by you!