The Buffalo Wild Wings Thai curry wings are amazing wings that are covered with a creamy and hot curry. The wings are delicious just like the other items on the Buffalo Wild Wings menu. The curry is so flavorful; it can put others to shame. Thai curry is usually on the high spice side, but if you have a marshmallow for a tongue (I am talking about me here), you can adjust the spice according to your preference.
The Buffalo Wild Wings Thai curry recipe has two phases. In the first phase, you marinate the wings with spices and then fry them. In the next phase, we’ll make the Thai curry with hot Thai peppers and other ingredients. If you don’t find Thai peppers, you can substitute them with cayenne peppers.
The recipe is actually pretty simple. With my simple instructions, you’ll easily prepare the recipe. I’ll tell you the equipment you need, the ingredients, and the steps in detail. If you are counting calories, I have the nutritional information for the recipe as well.
So, now that I have given you an outline of what’s to come, let me tell you the complete recipe for Buffalo Wild Wings Thai curry wings. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Buffalo Wild Wings copycat recipes from our website.
1. Buffalo Wild Wings Fried Pickles – Buffalo Wild Wings fried pickles has soft and tangy pickles. These pickles are dipped in a spicy batter and then deep-fried until the pickles have a crispy golden layer on top. The batter has Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, cayenne, and salt. It’s a perfect spicy and tangy snack that gets ready within a few minutes.
2. Buffalo Wild Wings Ultimate Nachos – Buffalo Wild Wings ultimate nachos has cooked beef that’s layered in tortilla chips with beans, and tomatoes. Then these are baked. Chives on top add freshness to this dish. It can be enjoyed with queso dip or any other dip of your choice.
3. Buffalo Wild Wings Mac And Cheese – Buffalo Wild Wings mac & cheese has blue cheese, Monetary Jack, and cheddar cheese mixed with macaroni and roasted chicken. It’s a perfect combination of cheese, macaroni, and roasted chicken. This cheesy side dish can be enjoyed with any celebration meal.
4. Buffalo Wild Wings Honey Barbeque Wings – Buffalo Wild Wings honey BBQ wings are crispy wings deep-fried and covered with sweet and spicy honey BBQ sauce. The BBQ sauce for the wings has ketchup, white vinegar, paprika, liquid smoke, cayenne, onion, and garlic in it. Honey adds sweet notes to these crispy BBQ bites and liquid smoke gives a smoky flavor.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Buffalo Wild Wings Thai Curry Wings?
- Resealable Bag – Marinate the wings by placing them in a resealable bag along with oil, salt, and pepper. Then, shake it for some time and your wings will be ready.
- Skillet – Pour the oil into a large skillet and fry your wings in it. If you own a deep-fryer, that’ll be just perfect. But if you don’t, a skillet works just fine.
- Saucepan – The Thai curry comes together in a saucepan. There’s not much to add to it.
- Paper Towels – Once you have fried the wings to perfection, drain the excess oil on paper towels.
- Slotted Spoon – You need kitchen equipment to take the wings out of the scorching hot oil. That’ll be your slotted spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Buffalo Wild Wings Thai Curry Wings?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Refrigeration Time||Total Time|
|1 Hour||45 Minutes||3 Hours||4 Hours 45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Buffalo Wild Wings Thai Curry Wings?
For The Wings
- Chicken Wings – You’ll be needing a lot of chicken wings. Keep the wings ready for cooking by separating the flat and the drumettes. Also, remove the tips.
- Kosher Salt – Add salt as per your taste.
- Ground Black Pepper – Marinade the chicken wings with a pic of black pepper along with other spices.
- Canola Oil – You need to deep fry the wings. You can use canola oil for it. If you don’t have canola oil, peanut oil works fine too.
For The Thai Curry Sauce
- Thai Chile Pepper – Add some Thai Chile pepper to prepare the Thai curry sauce just like Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Green Pepper Tabasco Sauce – The green pepper Tabasco sauce make the curry spicy and hot.
- Coconut Milk – The coconut milk gives a rich taste and a smooth consistency to the curry.
- Lime Juice – Lime juice adds a subtle tang with bouts of freshness to the curry.
- Non-Fat Plain Yogurt – Add some yogurt to make the curry thick, creamy, and smooth.
- Ginger Paste – Ginger paste adds a warm and spicy flavor and aroma to the curry.
- Shan Chicken White Karahi Spice Mix – Lastly, we have the Shan spice mix that will add a whole new dimension of flavor and aroma to the curry. You can easily find it in the Pakistani items of your grocery store.
Steps To Make Buffalo Wild Wings Thai Curry Wings
1. Phase One: Wings On Fire
You are entering phase one of the recipe, which is marinating and frying the wings. In a resealable bag, add the wings along with oil, salt, and pepper. Shake the bag vigorously so the wings get covered with marination. Then, refrigerate the wings for about 2-3 hours.
Then, take the wings out of the refrigerator. For frying the, pour the canola oil into a large skillet and heat it to a temperature of 375℉. Place the wings gently into the oil and fry them for 5 minutes from each side. When they turn golden brown from both sides and are cooked perfectly, take them out using a slotted spoon. Drain the excess oil on paper towels.
2. Phase Two: The Spicy Curry
Now, we start with the second phase of the recipe, which is making Thai curry. While you are frying the wings, place a saucepan on heat as well. Pour the coconut milk, lime juice, and yogurt into the saucepan. Also, add the Thai pepper paste, green pepper sauce, ginger paste, and the Shan spice mix to the saucepan and mix them to combine.
Keep stirring the curry until it comes to a boil. Then, simmer it and cook until it becomes thick and smooth. Keep cooking the sauce until you have fried all the wings. But if it gets too thick, take it off from the heat.
3. Wing Toss
Now, all there’s left to do is to add the wings to the curry. Toss them into it so that they get covered perfectly with the curry. Just like that, your delicious Thai curry wings are ready, pretty close to the ones at Buffalo Wild Wings.
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
How Will The Buffalo Wild Wings Thai Curry Wings Look And Taste Like?
The delicious crispy fried chicken wings are covered with creamy and spicy Thai curry. The curry makes the wings spicy. It also has a tang and freshness to it. The yogurt and the coconut milk make the silky curry smooth. The ginger and the spice mix add warm notes to the curry. Thai pepper and the green pepper sauce give the curry a slightly green and red undertone along with a distinguishable hot taste. Maybe keep a cold glass of milk on the side, just in case.
Buffalo Wild Wings Thai Curry Wings Recipe
For The Wings
- 4 pounds Chicken Wings
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil (for frying)
For The Thai Curry Sauce
- 20 Thai Chile Pepper (minced)
- 5 ounces Green Pepper Tabasco Sauce
- 8 ounces Coconut Milk
- ½ cup Lime Juice
- ½ cup Non-Fat Plain Yogurt
- ¼ cup Ginger Paste
- 2 packages Shan Chicken White Karahi Spice Mix
- First, in a resealable bag, add the wings along with oil, salt, and pepper. Shake the bag vigorously, so the wings get covered with marinade. Then, refrigerate the wings for about 2-3 hours.
- Then, take the wings out of the refrigerator. For frying the, pour the canola oil into a large skillet and heat it to a temperature of 375℉.
- Place the wings gently into the oil and fry them for 5 minutes from each side. When they turn golden brown from both sides and are cooked perfectly, take them out using a slotted spoon. Drain the excess oil on paper towels.
- While you are frying the wings, place a saucepan on heat as well. Pour the coconut milk, lime juice, and yogurt into the saucepan.
- Also, add the Thai pepper paste, green pepper sauce, ginger paste, and the Shan spice mix to the saucepan and mix them to combine.
- Keep stirring the curry until it comes to a boil. Then, simmer it and cook until it becomes thick and smooth.
- After that, remove the saucepan from heat and add the wings into the curry. Toss them so that they get covered perfectly with the curry.
- Your delicious Thai curry wings are ready, just like the ones at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Thai curry Buffalo Wild Wings?
The Buffalo Wild Wings Thai curry wings are crispy fried wings covered in creamy and spicy Thai curry. The Thai curry is made with peppers, coconut milk, limes, and other ingredients. It has a spicy and fresh taste.
Is BWW Thai curry sauce good?
Buffalo Wild Wings Thai curry sauce is extremely flavorful, spicy, and pleasantly gritty. It takes everything from sweet chilies to coconuts to create a sauce that hits you unexpectedly.
How many sauces Does Buffalo Wild Wings have?
Buffalo wild Wings offers in total 16 sauces.
What is the hottest flavor at Buffalo Wild Wings?
Carolina Reaper sauce, taking over as Buffalo Wild Wings new Blazin’ offering, features the world’s hottest pepper sauce.
This was the recipe for making Buffalo Wild Wings Thai curry wings. Tell me in the comments what your thoughts about this recipe are. See you next time.