Buffalo wild wings are crispy chicken wings covered with spicy sauce. If you love spicy and crispy chicken, then you’ll love it. You need to make the wings and the sauce and then combine the two together.
I have always been a fan of the Buffalo Wild Wings menu and its affordable prices. The crispy chicken and the spicy hot sauce are just too good. But I always wondered if I could make them at home. I tried but couldn’t get the recipe quite right on the first try. After a few hits and tries, I found the perfect match to the Buffalo wild wings.
To make Buffalo wild wings, put flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt in a container and mix. Toss the chicken in the flour mixture to cover all of them. Fry the chicken until crispy and golden brown. In a bowl, mix melted butter, vinegar, and hot sauce. Cover the wings in this sauce and serve with celery and blue cheese.
Below, I will share the complete Buffalo Wild Wings recipe with notable list of equipment, ingredients, and nutritional facts. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below.
1. Buffalo Wild Wings Mango Habanero Sauce – This sauce is super easy to master. Talking about the spice factor, the spicy ingredients are habanero sauce and hot pepper sauce. The hot pepper sauce is bearable, but you might not be able to tolerate a lot amount of habanero sauce. This is the reason there is no fixed amount of habanero sauce.
2. Buffalo Wild Wings Parmesan Garlic Sauce – Buffalo Wild Wings parmesan garlic sauce is a creamy thick sauce that can be paired with nuggets and chicken wings. This sauce has garlic, parmesan cheese, and mayonnaise combined together. This mixture is loaded with the flavors of different spices like dried basil, dried oregano, marjoram, dried thyme, etc.
3. Buffalo Wild Wings Caribbean Jerk Sauce – Buffalo Wild Wings Caribbean jerk sauce has butter, ketchup, vinegar, cayenne pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce mixed together. This sauce is spiced up by adding many spices like garlic powder, allspice, rubbed sage, onion powder, and many more. Lime juice give a zesty twist to this sauce. You can enjoy this sauce with crispy chicken wings or any other side dish of your choice.
4. Buffalo Wild Wings Parmesan Garlic Wings – Buffalo Wild Wings parmesan garlic wings has crispy fried wings dredged in a creamy cheesy parmesan sauce. The sauce for this dish is loaded with herbal flavors of basil, thyme, and oregano. Black pepper and red pepper makes it more spicy while mayonnaise and parmesan add more flavor to it. It’s a make ahead dish and can be enjoyed at any celebration meal.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Buffalo Wild Wings?
- Bowls – Make flour mixture for coating wings in a large bowl and the hot sauce in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pan – Fry the buffalo wings in the pan.
- Slotted Spoon – Take out the wings from the oil using a slotted spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Buffalo Wild Wings?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||15 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Buffalo Wild Wings?
For Wild Wings
- Wild Wings – Just a little flour mixture and hot sauce mixture and your simple wings will get converted into delicious buffalo wings.
- Flour Mixture – Take a cup of flour to dredge the wings and achieve flaky texture.
- Cayenne Pepper – Add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the coating dry rubs. It will spice up the wild wings.
- Garlic Powder – Pungent flavors are enhanced with a pinch of garlic powder.
- Olive Oil – Fry the wild wings using olive oil.
- Celery – Celery is paired well with the fried Buffalo Wild Wings wings.
- Blue Cheese – Serve the wild wings with some blue cheese.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
For Buffalo Sauce
- Melted Butter – Simmer the butter in a pan to prepare the buffalo sauce.
- Hot Pepper Sauce – A tablespoon of hot pepper sauce will spice up the wild wings.
- White Vinegar – Add a teaspoon of white vinegar for zesty and tangy flavors.
Steps To Make Buffalo Wild Wings
1. Make The Seasoned Flour And Buffalo Sauce
Take a bowl and add the flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt to it and mix. Add the chicken wings and toss until well coated with the flour mixture. Also, add and whisk together the melted butter, white vinegar, and hot sauce in a small bowl to make the buffalo sauce.
2. Wild Wild Wings
Heat the oil in a pan. Add the wings to it and fry them for about 14-15 minutes. They should be golden brown and crispy on the outside while tender and juicy on the inside.
When they are fried, put the wings into the butter and hot sauce mixture and toss them, so all are covered with the sauce. Serve your hot buffalo wild wings with celery and blue cheese and enjoy!
How Will The Buffalo Wild Wings Look And Taste Like?
The buffalo wild wings look super crispy and glisten with the hot sauce covering. The chicken is really delicious with the crispy and spicy flour mixture. The melted butter hot sauce makes the flavor-rich and spicy. You can’t just have one of these.
Buffalo Wild Wings Recipe
- 2 Bowls
- Slotted Spoon
For Wild Wings
- ½ pound Wild Wings
- ½ cup Flour Mixture
- 1 tablespoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ cup Celery
- ½ cup Blue Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Salt
For Buffalo Sauce
- ½ cup Melted Butter
- 2 tablespoons Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon White Vinegar
- Put the flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl and mix.
- Add the chicken wings and toss until well coated with the flour mixture.
- Whisk together the melted butter, white vinegar and hot sauce in a small bowl.
- Your Buffalo Wild Wings sauce is ready.
- Add the oil to a pan and heat. Add the wings to it and fry for about 14-15 minutes. They should be golden brown and crispy on the outside while a little soft on the inside.
- Then, put the wings in the butter and hot sauce mixture and toss them, so all are covered with the sauce.
- Serve you Buffalo Wild Wings with celery and blue cheese.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How are wings made at Buffalo Wild Wings?
Buffalo Wild Wings wings are made by cutting a chicken breast in five pieces, coating them with dry rubs, then tossing it in a fryer, and finally dipping the wings into the hot sauce.
Why add butter to hot wing sauce?
The butter is what gives you a restaurant-quality sauce at home. It adds silky and smooth richness to the sauce, cuts down the heat a little, and of course, adds great flavor!
Are BWW wings breaded?
Yes BWW wings are breaded, dredged with the rich dry rubs and then fried to perfection.
How much are the wings for at Buffalo Wild Wings?
The chicken wings costs you $6.79 at Buffalo Wild Wings.
This was it about the recipe. Tell me in the comments how well you liked it. If you have any queries or suggestions, mention them in the comments and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Till then, happy eating!