The Buffalo Wild Wings mango habanero sauce is an exotic sauce with a sweet and spicy taste. The habanero sauce is in the extra-hot spice zone. You can guess by the fact that habanero is 100 times hotter than a jalapeno. Try knockoff Buffalo Wild Wings mango habanero sauce at home with us.
The mango nectar soothes the habanero, even if it is just a little bit. The sauce recipe has a fixed amount of mango nectar but no fixed amount of habanero sauce. That’s because you get to decide how much habanero is too much habanero. Other sauces and syrups that go in the sauce are light corn syrup and some pepper sauce. These add to the sweet and spicy taste of the sauce. There’s also some melted butter in the mix to add richness to the whole affair.
The mango habanero sauce is great to toss your chicken wings into. No matter how you cook the wings, bake or fry them, this sauce compliments them perfectly. There are other great wings and sauces on the Buffalo Wild Wings menu that are worth a try.
Are you going to try this sauce but out of mangoes? If yes, give this sauce a twist using the best mango substitutes . But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Buffalo Wild Wings copycat recipes from our website.
1. Buffalo Wild Wings Asian Zing Sauce – Buffalo Wild Wings Asian zing sauce is a sweet and spicy sauce. This sauce has rice wine vinegar, corn syrup, and lime juice in it. Ground ginger and garlic powder add more flavor to this sauce. This sauce has many more flavors infused in it. This sauce has a thick texture and is dark in color. You can enjoy it with chicken wings and many other dishes.
2. Buffalo Wild Wings Thai Curry Wings – Buffalo Wild Wings Thai curry wings have crispy fried with coated in Thai curry. Wing are tender on the inside and seasoned with salt and pepper. The Thai curry is loaded with the flavors of pepper, Tabasco sauce, and coconut milk. Lime, ginger, karahi spice mix.
3. Buffalo Wild Wings Honey Barbeque Wings – Buffalo Wild Wings honey BBQ wings are crispy wings deep-fried and covered with sweet and spicy honey BBQ sauce. The BBQ sauce for the wings has ketchup, white vinegar, paprika, liquid smoke, cayenne, onion, and garlic in it. Honey adds sweet notes to these crispy BBQ bites and liquid smoke gives a smoky flavor.
4. Buffalo Wild Wings Chicken Wings – Buffalo Wild Wings chicken wings are crispy wings covered in a spicy hot sauce. The sauce for these chicken wings has cayenne pepper, hot pepper sauce, white vinegar, and blue cheese. The chicken is first tossed in the spice mix, then fried and finished by add spicy sauce to it.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Buffalo Wild Wings Mango Habanero Sauce?
- Large Pan – The pan is used to reduce the mango nectar and the habanero sauce in volume by simmering them for some time. You can also make the sauce in the pan.
- Whisk – Use the whisk for stirring and mixing. A spatula will also work fine.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Buffalo Wild Wings Mango Habanero Sauce?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Buffalo Wild Wings Mango Habanero Sauce?
- Mango Nectar – The mango nectar gives the sauce an exotic taste and the sweetness that soothes the habanero’s hotness.
- Habanero Sauce – The best habanero sauce for this recipe would be El Yucatan Habanero sauce. Use as much as you can tolerate.
- Light Corn Syrup – Some light corn syrup to the sauce gives it a sweet taste.
- Pepper Sauce – Add the pepper sauce to the mix to add some more hotness. This isn’t as spicy as the habanero sauce and should be bearable.
- Butter – Add some melted butter to make the sauce rich in taste.
Steps To Make Buffalo Wild Wings Mango Habanero Sauce
1. Sauce And Nectar
Place a pan on medium heat and add the mango nectar and habanero sauce to it. Add the habanero sauce according to your taste and spice tolerance. Then, lower the heat and simmer it for about 10-15 minutes until it has reduced to a volume of ¼th of a cup. Keep stirring at regular intervals.
2. More Sauce And Syrup
When your sauce is reduced, add the light corn syrup, pepper sauce, and melted butter to the pan and mix them. Your mango habanero sauce is ready! Toss the chicken wings in the sauce and enjoy your hot and spicy wings!
|Saturated Fat||9.7 g|
How Will The Buffalo Wild Wings Mango Habanero Sauce Look And Taste Like?
The sauce has a bright orange color because of the mango nectar and the sauces. As I mentioned, it has a hot and spicy taste as there are only hot sauces and sweet syrups in the sauce. The butter adds richness and that becomes evident when you coat the wings with the sauce. The sauce is really easy to make and also gets ready in no time.
Buffalo Wild Wings Mango Habanero Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups Mango Nectar
- Habanero Sauce (according to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Light Corn Syrup
- ¼ cup Pepper Sauce
- ⅓ cup Butter (melted)
- Place a pan on medium heat and add the mango nectar and habanero sauce to it. Then, lower the heat and simmer it for about 10-15 minutes until it has reduced to a volume of a quarter of a cup. Keep stirring at regular intervals.
- After that, add the light corn syrup, pepper sauce, and melted butter to the pan and mix them. Your mango habanero sauce is ready!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How spicy is mango habanero sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings?
The Buffalo Wild Wings mango habanero sauce is an exotic sauce with sweet and spicy notes. The habanero sauce is extra spicy hot than Buffalo Wild Wings.
What is a good substitute for hot sauce?
A good substitute for hot sauce is Sambal Oelek, harissa, sriracha, and curry paste.
What is Buffalo sauce made of?
Buffalo sauce is a combination of bottled hot sauce and butter.
Why do they call it buffalo sauce?
The name has nothing to do with actual buffalo or bison, but instead, the sauce is renamed because of a small family-owned restaurant called Anchor Bar located in Buffalo, New York.
This was all about the recipe for the Buffalo Wild Wings mango habanero sauce. Tell me in the comments how spicy did you find this recipe. I’ll be back with another hot topic. Stay tuned.