Do you want the best Buffalo mac and cheese recipe? Well, then you should definitely try the Buffalo Wild Wings mac and cheese recipe. This creamy and gooey mac and cheese have three kinds of cheese in it, Monetary, Cheddar, and blue cheese. It has a whole roasted rotisserie chicken chopped and added to it. Let’s incorporate Buffalo Wild Wing’s flavors at home.
The mac and cheese are made the regular way. You go about the recipe like usual. You boil the macaroni, make the roux with milk, butter, and flour, and then in go cheese and hot sauce. Lastly, there goes the blue cheese and the chicken. Mix all the things together and your delicious Buffalo Wild Wings mac and cheese will be ready.
This recipe is classic and really simple to make. The blue cheese, roasted chicken, and hot sauce make this Buffalo chicken mac and cheese stand out. If you want to spice things a bit, use pepper Jack cheese for the recipe. If you don’t have it, you can just use any of the pepper jack cheese substitutes.
There are also other great sides on the Buffalo Wild Wings menu that you’ll love. Let’s cook this mac and cheese without wasting any more time and virtual space. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other Buffalo Wild Wings copycat recipes from our website.
1. Buffalo Wild Wings Fried Pickles – Buffalo Wild Wing’s fried pickles has soft and tangy pickles. These pickles are dipped in a spicy batter and then deep-fried until the pickles have a crispy golden layer on top. The batter has Cajun seasoning, Italian seasoning, cayenne, and salt. It’s a perfect spicy and tangy snack that gets ready within a few minutes.
2. Buffalo Wild Wings Ultimate Nachos – Buffalo Wild Wings ultimate nachos have cooked beef that’s layered in tortilla chips with beans, and tomatoes. Then these are baked. Chives on top add freshness to this dish. It can be enjoyed with queso dip or any other dip of your choice.
3. Buffalo Wild Wings Thai Curry Wings – Buffalo Wild Wings Thai curry wings have crispy fried with coated in Thai curry. Wing are tender on the inside and seasoned with salt and pepper. The Thai curry is loaded with the flavors of pepper, Tabasco sauce, and coconut milk. Lime, ginger, karahi spice mix.
4. Buffalo Wild Wings Honey Barbeque Wings – Buffalo Wild Wings honey BBQ wings are crispy wings deep-fried and covered with sweet and spicy honey BBQ sauce. The BBQ sauce for the wings has ketchup, white vinegar, paprika, liquid smoke, cayenne, onion, and garlic in it. Honey adds sweet notes to these crispy BBQ bites and liquid smoke gives a smoky flavor.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Buffalo Wild Wings Mac And Cheese?
- Large Pot – Boil your macaroni in a large pot in boiling salted water.
- Dutch Oven – The rest of the recipe comes together in the Dutch oven.
- Colander – Once your macaroni is cooked, you need something to drain the water. The colander will help with that.
- Whisk – You need a smooth and blended base for the mac and cheese. So, better be ready for some mixing and whisking with this whisk.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Buffalo Wild Wings Mac And Cheese?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||20 Minutes||35 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Buffalo Wild Wings Mac And Cheese?
- Macaroni – For the mac and cheese, the mac comes first, and then comes the cheese. Hence here’s our first ingredient, macaroni.
- Rotisserie Roasted Chicken – Yes, you read right. You’ll be needing a whole rotisserie chicken for this recipe. But you’ll have to remove the wings and the bones and shred the meat. You can also chop it, I don’t mind.
- Roux (All-Purpose Flour, Butter, and Milk) – The trio for the roux remains the same.
- Cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack Cheese, Blue Cheese) – These cheeses give the mac and cheese a tangy and nutty taste. If you love a strong-tasting mac and cheese, then this recipe is going to be your favorite.
- Hot Sauce – The hot sauce gives this Buffalo mac and cheese the spiciness it needs.
- Black Pepper – Add a little black pepper to season the mac and cheese.
Steps To Make Buffalo Wild Wings Mac And Cheese
1. Macaroni Dance
Take a large pot and fill it halfway with water. Add some salt to it and bring it to a boil. Cook the macaroni in this water. Then, drain it using a colander and set the macaroni aside. Let’s quickly move on to making the roux.
2. Creamy Roux And Whisking Cheese
Now, heat the Dutch oven and melt butter in it. Gradually add and whisk the flour into it. When you have cooked the flour for a minute and it has turned golden, pour in the milk and continue whisking until the mixture becomes bubbly and somewhat thick. The goal is to create a perfectly cooked base for the mac and cheese.
Reduce the heat to simmer and add the two kinds of cheese; Cheddar and Monetary. Whisk them as well until they get completely combined with the mixture.
3. Hot Buffalo Mac And Cheese
Add some black pepper to the sauce along with some hot sauce for flavor. You can adjust the spicy level of the dish according to your heat tolerance. After that, add the blue cheese and the shredded chicken. Lastly, stir in the macaroni and your Buffalo Wild Wings mac and cheese is ready!
|Saturated Fat||22.5 g|
How Will The Buffalo Wild Wings Mac And Cheese Look And Taste Like?
The mac and cheese look creamy and gooey. You can taste the strong flavors of the cheese and the spicy flavor of the sauce. This mac and cheese have a strong personality of its own and it doesn’t let anyone else dictate things for it. The cheese also makes the whole affair creamy. This is definitely going into my most badass-comfort-foods list.
Buffalo Wild Wings Mac And Cheese Recipe
- Large Pot
- Dutch Oven
- 1 (16-ounce) package Macaroni
- 1 Rotisserie Roasted Chicken (bones removed, meat shredded)
- 6 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups Monetary Jack Cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup Blue Cheese (crumbled)
- 3 cups Milk
- ½ cup Hot Sauce
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Take a large pot and fill it halfway with water. Add some salt to it and bring it to a boil. Cook the macaroni in this water. Then, drain it using a colander and set the macaroni aside. This might take about 6-8 minutes.
- Now, heat the Dutch oven and melt butter in it. Gradually add and whisk the flour in it. When you have cooked the flour for a minute and it has turned golden, pour in the milk and continue whisking until the mixture becomes bubbly and somewhat thick for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to simmer and add the two kinds of cheese; Cheddar and Monetary. Whisk them as well until they get completely combined with the mixture. Add some black pepper to the sauce along with some hot sauce for flavor.
- After that, add the blue cheese and the shredded chicken. Lastly, stir in the macaroni and your Buffalo Wild Wings mac and cheese is ready!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is the mac and cheese at Buffalo Wild Wings vegetarian?
Yes, mac and cheese offered at Buffalo Wild Wings are vegetarian.
How much does Buffalo Wild Wings mac and cheese cost you?
Buffalo Wild Wings mac and cheese cost you $12.49.
What is the Buffalo Wild Wings challenge?
Buffalo Wild Wings challenge is a game of skill where the result is determined by the participant’s skill rather than chance or luck. You can request to participate in the Challenge in person at a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant and it must be done in the presence of a BWW franchise employee or corporate team member.
Where did Buffalo Wild Wings originate?
Buffalo Wild Wings originated in Colombus, Ohio, United States.
This was the whole recipe for Buffalo Wild Wings mac and cheese. Make this gooey mac and cheese at home and tell me in the comments how well you liked it. I have to go now. Guess, I’ll see in another fun recipe.