Brownies are the desserts that almost everyone likes, of course, if they are chocoholic. However, as Christmas and the holiday are about experimenting, why not take simple brownies up a notch? Let us look at how easily you can make some fudgy brownie crinkle cookies at home!
Brownie crinkle cookies are surely one of the best dessert combinations ever. It is the best of both worlds for people who enjoy eating these delicious desserts. Although in cookie form, there is no doubt that these taste exactly like brownies! Gooey and just oh so decadent!
Moreover, for the holiday season, it can surely be a task to figure out what to make every other day. Plus, certain holiday desserts aren’t crowd-pleasers at all! Yes, I am talking about fruit cake!). So, coming up with something everyone would like is a huge headache.
But the good news is that these cookies will surely please most people and are also exceptionally easy to make! All you have to do is follow a few steps, and yes, even the ingredients needed for this recipe are nothing fancy. Most of them may already be present in your pantry!
As you read this article further, you will get a complete guide on how easily you can make these brownie crinkle cookies at home. Everything is given here, from the equipment needed to make them to the ingredients and method. So now, let us take a look at this recipe!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Brownie Crinkle Cookies?
- Bowl – For this recipe, two large bowls will be needed. One should be heat proof as we will be placing it over a double boiler, and the other to sift the dry ingredients in.
- Measuring Cups – A set of measuring cups will be handy for getting precise measurements of all the ingredients needed for this recipe.
- Measuring Spoons – To measure ingredients in much smaller quantities, measuring spoons are required.
- Stand Mixer – One of the most important steps in making these cookies and for them to get a soft texture, eggs need to be whipped. This process has to be carried out in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Spatula – Use a rubber or silicone spatula to scrape the sides while making the cookie batter.
- Sieve – To ensure no lumps in the batter, we will be sifting all the dry ingredients first.
- Ice Cream Scoop – To ensure all the cookies are of the same size, an ice cream scoop will be handy to scoop the batter out.
- Baking Tray – Take a large baking tray to bake the cookies in the oven.
- Parchment Paper – If the cookies are placed directly on the baking tray, they will likely stick to the base. So, lining the tray with parchment paper is necessary.
- Cooling Rack – Once the cookies are out of the oven, a cooling rack will be needed to ensure proper and uniform cooling.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Brownie Crinkle Cookies?
|Preparation Time||Baking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||15 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Brownie Crinkle Cookies?
- Dark Chocolate – A quantity of 3.5 oz of dark chocolate, which is 70% rich, is the star ingredient in this recipe, which gives the cookies a decadent flavor.
- All-Purpose Flour – All-purpose flour works best to get these cookies’ fudgy texture. Here, ½ cup of the same will give you a yield of six cookies.
- White Sugar – Almost ½ cup of granulated sugar will give this recipe the sweet flavor it needs.
- Brown Sugar – For this recipe, ¼ cup will add a lot of moisture to the cookies.
- Cocoa Powder – The next star ingredient in this recipe is two tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Baking Powder – Baking powder is the leavening agent we will use in this recipe, half a teaspoon of it, to be precise.
- Butter – This recipe will need ¼ cup of unsalted butter, giving these cookies a great flavor and texture.
- Eggs – A large egg will be required to bring all the dry and wet ingredients together in this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla extract will help enhance all the flavors of this cookie so we will be using ½ teaspoon of the same.
- Sea Salt – You will need flaky sea salt to garnish the cookies.
Steps To Make Brownie Crinkle Cookies
1. Pre-Prep -Step
When it comes to baking, all the pre-preparations needed are just as important as any other step in the baking process. So, start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then, line the baking tray with a piece of parchment paper. Also, sift the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a large bowl and keep them aside. Take chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and place the bowl over boiling water.
Keep the bowl there just until the butter and chocolate have melted completely. Mix it up and let it cool for 10 minutes. Finally, crack the egg and add them to the stand mixer bowl.
2. Make The Cookies
Once all the pre-preparations are done, you can begin making the batter and, eventually, baking the cookies. For that, along with the egg in the stand mixer bowl, add in both white and brown sugar and whisk for a while with a whisk attachment.
The eggs should get light and fluffy, which is vital as your cookies won’t have the correct texture. It should take roughly 5 minutes for the eggs to reach that consistency.
Once the eggs reach the right consistency, pour in the chocolate and butter mixture until combined. Then, add the sifted dry ingredients and fold them with a spatula until everything is well combined.
Take an ice cream scoop and six cookies onto the baking tray you previously lined with parchment paper. Make sure there is enough space between the cookies to expand.
Then, place the cookies in the preheated oven and bake them for 12-13 minutes or a maximum of 15 minutes. Take them out of the oven and place the tray on the cooling rack. Let the cookies cool completely before you enjoy them!
What Can Additionally Be Added To These Cookies?
There are many ways to customize and serve these cookies. However, I have some favorite ways I enjoy these cookies even more. These options are as given below.
- Sprinkles – Sprinkles do make everything much better and more colorful! So, once these cookies are out of the oven, you can add some sprinkles on top for a colorful touch and crunch!
- Chocolate Chunks – If you want to make these cookies extra indulgent with chocolate, you should try adding some dark chocolate chunks.
- Salted Caramel – Like brownies and salted caramel go well, so do brownie crinkle cookies topped with salted caramel!
- Walnuts – To make these cookies a little extra fun, decorate them with chopped walnuts before baking.
- Vanilla Ice Cream – Brownies and vanilla ice cream are a match made in heaven. These brownie crinkle cookies can easily be made into ice cream sandwiches, just with vanilla ice cream!
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Polynsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monosaturated Fat||6 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||480 IU|
How Will The Brownie Crinkle Cookies Look And Taste Like?
Before baking, you should know what to expect from these cookies. Yes, that is very fair, as knowing what you should expect does help a lot while baking. So, here I have given an easy description of what you should expect the final product to be like.
These cookies will look like brownies in cookie form. Once baked, considering how well the eggs have been whipped, the cookies will have a lovely crinkle top. Moreover, if you top the cookies with any extras, they will surely look even more appealing to the eye!
Regarding taste, I think the word ‘decadent’ covers mostly what you should expect these brownie cookies to taste like. These cookies are extremely soft and chewy and have the perfect balance of bitter and sweet flavors with a slight hint of salt.
Brownie Crinkle Cookies Recipe
- 3.5 oz Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 no. Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the baking tray with parchment paper and keep it aside.
- Add chocolate and butter to a heatproof bowl and place it over a double boiler. Once both have melted, mix them up and take them off the double boiler. Let this cool for a little while.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder in a large bowl and keep aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, add the egg, granulated sugar, and brown sugar and whisk for 5-6 minutes until the eggs are light and fluffy.
- Add in the chocolate and butter mixture once it is moderately cool and combine with the rest of the batter.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold them into the batter with a silicone spatula until everything is combined.
- Take an ice cream scoop and scoop out six cookies onto the baking tray lined with parchment paper, ensuring there is some space between them.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven and place the tray on a cooling rack.
- Let the cookies cool completely before you serve, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can cake flour be used in place of all-purpose flour in this recipe?
It is better to use all-purpose flour for this recipe as it has the perfect amount of gluten and will give a great texture.
Is it important to whip the eggs and sugar until they are light and fluffy?
Yes, this step is vital for this recipe, as this step does determine how the cookies will eventually turn out.
Can the sweet cocoa powder be used in this recipe?
No, sweet cocoa powder cannot be used in this recipe as it has a lot of added sugar and will make the cookies extremely sweet.
Can the flour be mixed in the batter with a whisk?
It is better to fold the dry ingredients into the batter with a spatula to ensure that a lot of air stays on the batter.
Is it necessary to add sea salt on top of the cookies?
Sea salt does add an interesting flavor to the cookies. But if you don’t like it, you can skip it.
Sweet, bitter, gooey, soft, and just absolutely delicious! These adjectives truly don’t define these brownie crinkle cookies enough. The cookies are rich and decadent and make the perfect goodies to give away or enjoy on your own during the holiday season!