Do you love pineapples with a passion and even have them on your pizza? Then, I have just the recipe for you. The recipe is for broiled pineapples. You can eat them as a snack or serve them as a dessert with flavored syrups and ice cream. It is also child’s play to make this recipe (Not really. Keep your children away from the oven, unless it’s a play oven).
Broiled pineapples taste amazing. Broiling is different from roasting. In broiling, the food being cooked is turned. The temperature for broiling is also higher than the roasting temperature. Broiling is also very similar to grilling but better. You get a crispier, caramelized food that is also seared. It is also healthier as it prevents excessive loss of nutrients that happens when you cook the food.
To make broiled pineapples, lay the pineapple slices in a pan. Mix cinnamon and melted butter in a bowl and pour it over the slices. Lastly, sprinkle brown sugar over the slices. Place the pan in the oven and broil the slices for two minutes. Your broiled pineapples are ready.
This snippet was just to intrigue you. If I succeeded, go and read the complete recipe below. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Scotch Eggs– Scotch eggs make for a very delicious and fulfilling breakfast. They are a great recipe if you are looking to do something different for your meal.
2. Stewed Corn– Corns are a good source of nutrients that we should take into our diet. You must have tried steamed corns or fried corns. But have you ever tried a corn stew?
3. Gnocchi– Word Gnocchi means traditional Italian potato dumplings which are small and soft. I learned to make Gnocchi from my friend who is a big potato lover and she always used to try new things from the potatoes.
4. Roasted Plum Tomatoes– Plum Tomatoes are often treated as a healthy vegetable and offer benefits to a range of bodily systems. As u all know no Indian recipe is complete without tomatoes. Roasted Plum Tomatoes at home are perfect for your sudden evening cravings.
Broiled Pineapples Recipe
- 8 slices of Pineapples
- ½ tablespoon Butter
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- In a pan, place the pineapple slices in a single layer.
- Mix the cinnamon with melted butter in a bowl and drizzle it over the slices.
- Over the slices, sprinkle some brown sugar. Place the pan in the oven and broil the slices for 2 minutes.
- Your broiled pineapples are ready just like that!