Need just the right salad for the Thanksgiving feast? Have a bowlful of green florets coated with splendid dressing and spicy flavors. What’s a better option to start with? Give your mates the delight of broccoli caesar salad on Thanksgiving dinner. So, let’s toss these green stems with a flavorful dressing and have a healthier take on Thanksgiving salads
Broccoli caesar salad has fresh broccoli florets with cabbage strips mixed with creamy salad dressing. Add oil slowly and stir continuously until the dressing emulsifies. Remember to cut the dried-out base of broccoli and cabbage and discard them. Keep tender stems for the salad. This salad is super easy to make and gets ready within a few minutes. It’s a delicious combination of fresh and raw ingredients mixed together.
Read the lists below to know all the key ingredients and equipment needed to make broccoli caesar salad. Also, watch the video provided in the recipe card. The salad will be as delicious as described below. Try this salad for the Thanksgiving meal and enjoy it with your family.
What Equipment Will You Need For Broccoli Caesar Salad?
- Bowl- Use a large bowl to whisk the salad dressing and to combine the veggies into a salad.
- Spatula- You’ll need a spatula to mix the veggies and dressing in the bowl.
- Whisk- A whisk will help you to blend the ingredients of the salad dressing in a bowl.
- Grater- Use a grater to grate the parmesan cheese.
- Knife- Use a chef’s knife to cut broccoli and cabbage for the salad.
How Much Time Do You Need To Make Broccoli Caesar Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||–||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need For Broccoli Caesar Salad?
- Anchovy fillets- Use oil-packed anchovy fillets for the salad. These tiny silvery fish fillets are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. They have umami flavor and intensify the salad dressing flavors.
- Garlic- Mince a garlic clove to add a seasoning flavor to the salad.
- Lemon juice- One-fourths cup of fresh lemon juice will add a sharp citrusy flavor to the salad.
- Dijon mustard- Dijon mustard gives a sharp mustard flavor to the salad.
- Salt- Kosher salt will enhance the flavor of the salad. So, add it according to your taste.
- Egg yolk- Use an egg yolk or two tablespoons of mayonnaise for the salad dressing.
- Olive oil- A half-cup of extra virgin olive oil is enough to cook the ingredients and to coat the broccoli in the salad with spices and flavors.
- Parmesan- Use three tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese to add a slightly tart and cheesy flavor to the salad.
- Broccoli- Use two medium heads of broccoli for this salad.
- Napa cabbage- Use Napa cabbage to five mild sweetness in the salad. Use savoy cabbage if you don’t have Napa cabbage.
- Lemon- Grate lemon zest to garnish the salad before serving.
- Black pepper- Sprinkle a pinch of freshly ground black pepper to add heat to the salad.
Steps To Make Broccoli Caesar Salad
1. Start With Salad Dressing
Mash the anchovy fillets and a garlic clove to form a smooth paste. Transfer this paste into a bowl and add an egg yolk (or mayonnaise) to it. Add Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Gradually add oil and whisk them together into a smooth salad dressing. Add grated parmesan to the dressing and mix.
2. Chop the Veggies
Cut out bite-sized broccoli florets and chop a cabbage head into short and thin strips. Transfer these veggies into the bowl containing salad dressing. Mix them together to combine. Add a pinch of salt until it is evenly coated with salt and dressing.
3. Garnish with Parmesan and Serve
Garnish with grated parmesan cheese. Sprinkle freshly ground black pepper over the salad and serve.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||1088 IU|
|Vitamin C||147 mg|
How Will Broccoli Caesar Salad Look and Taste?
Can’t wait to have a bite, right! So, plunge your fork and take a bite of broccoli caesar salad. These green florets of broccoli are dressed in a delicious creamy mixture of anchovy fillets, garlic, and egg yolks (or mayonnaise). This salad is seasoned with kosher salt and black pepper and grated parmesan cheese on top compliments every bite with savory flavors. Try broccoli caesar salad for Thanksgiving dinner and enjoy your family feast.
Broccoli Caesar Salad Recipe
- 2 Anchovy Fillets (oil-packed)
- 1 Garlic Cloves (thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Broccoli (medium heads)
- 1/4 head Napa Cabbage (or savoy cabbage)
- Lemon Zest
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Egg Yolk (or mayonnaise)
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Mash the anchovy fillets and garlic using a chef's knife. Smoothen it and transfer it into a bowl. Add lemon juice, mustard, a pinch of salt, and egg yolk to this bowl. Whisk them together until combined. Now, add olive oil along with grated parmesan cheese and whisk to form a smooth dressing.
- Add broccoli florets and cabbage strips to the bowl containing salad dressing. Mix them to coat the broccoli and cabbage with the salad dressing. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and toss the salad. Top with grated parmesan cheese and lemon zest.
Tell me in the comments below about your recipe. Also, check out other recipes as well.