Have you ever thought of adding a tinge of beer to your soup? Me neither! Well, today I am sharing with you a recipe called the broccoli beer cheese soup. Beer is added to the soup just to give it a bit earthy flavor and make it even tastier. Try it once; you won’t regret it at all.
I tasted this soup in a family gathering. The earthy notes and creaminess of the soup blew me away. I asked my sister-in-law about this amazing soup and she gave me the recipe. I tried to make this amazing soup at home and everyone loved it. I am sure you all will love it as well, once you’ve tried it.
To make broccoli beer cheese soup, mix broccoli, celery, carrots, onion and red pepper in a bowl and stir. Add water and flour till it becomes smooth. Put beer in it and stir. Add the optional toppings like cheddar cheese, bacon strips, salad croutons or cream and your broccoli beer cheese soup is ready to be served.
This was just a quick recipe of this wonderful soup. I have mentioned the detailed steps with timings and the nutritional content below. But first, let’s head to the list of ingredients.
Broccoli Beer Cheese Soup
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 5 finely Celery Ribs (chopped)
- 3 finely Carrots (chopped)
- 2 finely Onions (chopped)
- 4 Cup Broccoli (freshly chopped)
- ¼ Cup Sweet Red Pepper (chopped)
- 4 Can Chicken Broth
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Water
- 3 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Package Cream Cheese
- 1 Bottle Beer/Non-Alcoholic Beer
- Firstly, melt the butter in the oven. Then, add broccoli, celery, carrots, onion and red pepper in a bowl and stir it in the pan.
- Add water in the bowl of flour and mix it to make it smooth. Slowly stir this in a pan.
- Boil all of this mixture and then, reduce the heat to low flame.
- Do not cover it until the soup is thickened and the vegetables become a little soft. Cook this for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stop boiling after this time. Then, add some cheese and beer it. Add some bacon, green onions, cream above as toppings. The soup is ready to be served.