If you’re in the mood to make a delicious and hearty burrito bowl, why not try a Brazilian-style version? Brazilian burrito bowls are perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. You can make them ahead of time and reheat them when you’re ready to eat.
To make the burrito bowl, combine seasoned rice and beans, garlic cilantro lime slaw, and crispy fried avocado. Serve immediately with tomato salsa or refrigerate for later.
You can add vegetables like arugula and spinach instead of diced red bell pepper, lemon juice instead of lime juice, and hot sauce instead of tomato sauce for some extra spice and heat. You could also try serving it with queso fresco, a soft, white Mexican cheese.
This article will show you how to make a delicious Brazilian burrito bowl packed with flavor. We’ll also help you with a few tips on how to make it even more delicious. So, if you’re ready to learn how to make a delightful Brazilian burrito bowl, read on!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make The Brazilian Burrito Bowl?
- Saucepan – Cook the black beans and fry the avocado in the saucepan until warm and crispy.
- Food Processor – Pulse the ingredients in a food processor for the slaw.
- Pressure Cooker – Cook the white rice for preparing the Burrito Bowl.
- Spatula – Combine all ingredients well with a flat-surfaced spatula to avoid lumps.
- Knife – A sharp knife to dice the red bell pepper, avocado, and cilantro.
- Paper Towel – Remove excess oil from the fried avocado by putting it on a paper towel.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make The Brazilian Burrito Bowl?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||30 Minutes||45 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make The Brazilian Burrito Bowl?
- White Rice – No Burrito Bowl is complete without white rice as it will give the bowl flavor, texture, and appearance.
- Black Beans – Black beans are an important staple for hearty burrito bowls.
- Veggies – This recipe uses a rainbow of vegetables like red bell pepper, corn, and avocado, making them an essential nutrient.
- Tomato Salsa – Make burrito bowls with tomato salsa for another dash of flavor.
- Lime Juice – Lime Juice will give a sour flavor making this slaw vegan.
- Cilantro – Cilantro will give the bowl a fresh, citrusy, and soapy taste.
- Cumin – Cumin will provide a slightly sweet, warming flavor with a nutty element.
- Chili Powder – Chili powder will balance the flavor by adding sweetness and spicy elements.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic powder will add an intense, concentrated garlic flavor to a recipe.
- Salt – Salt enhances the dish’s natural flavor.
- Olive Oil – You will need olive oil to make the slaw and to fry the avocado
Steps To Make The Brazilian Burrito Bowl
1. Slice Them Out And Cook The Rice
Take one red bell pepper, one avocado, and a small bunch of cilantros. Dice them into cube-sized pieces, and keep them aside for further processing.
Meanwhile, in a cooker, cook one cup of rice until it is done.
2. Start Preparing The Black Beans
Heat the black beans with cumin, chili powder, half a teaspoon of garlic powder, and salt in a small saucepan until warm; add a little water or oil, if necessary. Keep the heat low to keep warm.
3. It’s Time For Slaw
Pulse the oil, water, red bell pepper, frozen corn, cilantro, half a teaspoon of garlic powder, salt, lime juice, and half a cup of tomato salsa sauce in a food processor until smooth.
4. Fry The Avocado
Chop the avocadoes into chunks. Pour enough oil into a heavy saucepan to partially cover the avocado in oil—Preheat the saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add the avocado, fry for a few minutes, flip and fry for a few more minutes until golden brown, and transfer to a paper towel; sprinkle with salt. They should be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, like French fries.
5. Assembling The Bowl
Serve a scoop of cooked rice, black beans, and slaw into the bowl. Add the fried avocado on top with a few cilantro leaves. Drizzle with half a cup of tomato salsa for a zesty flavor.
|Vitamin A||142 iu|
|Vitamin C||42.2 mg|
How Will The Brazilian Burrito Bowl Look And Taste Like?
The bowl base is rice and beans, but the show’s real star, in our opinion, is the avocado, which is tossed in olive oil and salt and roasted to perfection at high heat.
The result is crispy and caramelized on the outside and tender on the inside. It is perfectly paired with the savory, spicy flavors in this bowl.
Brazilian Burrito Bowl Recipe
- 1 cup White Rice
- ½ cup Black Beans
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 Avocado (diced)
- ½ cup Frozen Corn
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 cup Lime Juice
- 1 cup Tomato Salsa
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Salt
- Dice one red bell pepper, one avocado, and a small bunch of cilantro, and keep them aside for further processing.
- In a cooker, cook one cup of rice until it is done.
- Heat the black beans with cumin, chili powder, half a teaspoon of garlic powder, and salt in a small saucepan until warm; add a little water or oil, if necessary.
- Pulse the oil, water, red bell pepper, frozen corn, cilantro, half a teaspoon of garlic powder, salt, lime juice, and half a cup of tomato salsa sauce in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour enough oil into a heavy saucepan to partially cover the avocado in oil—Preheat the saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the avocado, fry both sides for a few minutes until golden brown, and transfer to a paper towel; sprinkle with salt.
- Serve a scoop of cooked rice, black beans, and slaw into the bowl. Add the fried avocado on top with a few cilantro leaves.
- Drizzle with half a cup of tomato salsa sauce of your choice.
Brazilian burrito bowls are a delicious and easy way to enjoy a taste of Brazil. All you need is some rice, beans, and vegetables, and you’re good to go. Be sure to comment on your experience if you try this recipe out.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can you change the salsa type?
You can try mango salsa for added sweetness, roasted salsa for a hint of smokiness, or a hot habañero salsa for an extra kick of heat.
What makes the Brazilian Burrito Bowl recipe special?
The Brazilian Burrito Bowl recipe is special because it contains a unique blend of spices and flavors you won’t find in any other recipe. Combining these flavors creates a delicious and hearty meal that is perfect for any occasion.
Are burrito bowls healthy?
Yes, they are very healthy and well-balanced, with protein, carbs, and healthy fats. You can make them lower in carbs by swapping out the rice for Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice and leaving out the corn.