This recipe for today is braise beef. The braised beef is a very tender and flavorful recipe. It is also very easy to make and is absolutely delicious.
The process of braising involves cooking meat in liquid so it becomes tender and juicy. Braising is generally done to the meat that is tough to cook. It is a combination of covered roasting and stewing.
To make braised beef, heat oil in a pan and cook onions in it. Then, add sugar to it and caramelize the onions. Then, add garlic cloves, Worcestershire sauce, and beef stock to it. Lastly, add beef and mushrooms to it and season it with salt and pepper. Cover it and cook for 2 hours. Garnish it with cilantro and serve.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Dry Brine Turkey– Dry brine is also known as salting. It means rubbing the turkey with salt and resting for 1-3 days and then roasting it. This is done to get a juicier turkey. Salt causes the meat to release moisture as the protein structure of the meat changes with salt.
2. Kung Pao Pork– Kung Pao Pork has a myriad variety of strong flavors like sweet, salty, savory, and sometimes it is required heating of Sichuan pepper.
3. Sous Vide Skirt Steak– This Sous Vide Skirt Steak is super tender, flavorful, and evenly cooked edge to edge. The sous vide cooking technique allows you to cook a better steak dinner than the best steakhouse.
4. Duck Confit– For this classic French preparation, duck legs are cured overnight before being submerged in duck fat and gently cooked until silky and tender in a low oven.
Ingredients For Braised Beef
|Beef Shin||700 g|
|Plain Flour||for dusting|
|Sunflower Oil||2 teaspoon|
|Caster Sugar||2 teaspoon|
|large flat Mushrooms||4|
|Beef Stock||700 ml|
|Salt and Black Pepper||to taste|
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|15 minutes||2 hour 10 minutes||2 hour 25 minutes|
Braised Beef Recipe
- Dust the beef with some plain flour.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add onions to it and cook for at least 5 minutes at medium heat.
- Add sugar to it and continue cooking for 5-10 minutes
- After the onions get caramelized, add garlic cloves and stir for a few minutes.
- At this moment, pour all the beef stock into the pan along with Worcestershire sauce and stir continuously.
- Now, put the beef and mushrooms in this mixture and add some salt and black pepper.
- Cover the pan and cook until the meat is tender. It will take about 2 hours.
- And after the meat is soft and cooked garnish it with some coriander.
Nutritional Facts Of Braised Beef