Watching Netflix or Amazon Prime Video is an escape from boredom for everyone nowadays. A good comedy series can make you happy. I was going through the comedy series and found one named Everybody Loves Raymond. It is an American sitcom and I enjoyed watching it. One of its episodes features a dish named Beef Braciole. In the series, Beef Braciole is the only recipe that Ray Barone’s wife can make. Watching that clicked my mind to share its recipe with you all.
Braciole is a classic Italian dish made with thin slices of meat and its filling is cooked in wine-infused sauce. So all the wine lovers will relish this without a doubt. Not only wine lovers, everyone will love this dish. It makes a great Sunday dinner.
Braciole can be made with beef slices or flank steak rolls. You can even make this recipe with pork. There can be variations to this dish as per your choice of meat or the filling ingredients. No matter the filling of this dish, you will love this delicious and hearty dish. Let’s see how to prepare this dish.
Ingredients for Braciole
|Boneless Top Round||6 thin slices|
|Italian Parsley||½ cup|
|Shredded Parmesan||1 cup|
|Seasoned Dry Breadcrumbs||2 tablespoons|
|Salt and Pepper||To taste|
|Prosciutto||12 thin slices|
|Olive Oil||2 tablespoons|
|Dry Red Wine||2 cups|
|Beef Broth||2 cups|
|Crushed Tomatoes||1 can/28 ounce|
|Dried Italian Seasoning||2 teaspoon|
|All-purpose Flour||2 heaping tablespoons|
Ingredients for this recipe are easy to find. Grab them and get started. Till then, let me tell you how much time it will take to make this delicacy.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 minutes||2 hours||2 hour 30 minutes|
This delicacy is a time consuming recipe. To get the best flavors, do not hurry. You need to have the patience to cook this dish. Enjoy making this dish and it will be worth all the efforts and wait. Now, let’s move on to the instructions and follow them.
- Cut the beef rounds in half to make 12 thin slices. Place the beef between the plastic wrap and pound them into thickness 1/8 inch.
- Slice 8 cloves and mince the remaining 4 cloves.
- Take a small bowl and add parsley, garlic, breadcrumbs, cheese, salt and black pepper. Mix them well. Take a slice of prosciutto and place it over the beef slice and spread the filling evenly over the beef slice.
- Roll the filled beef slices into a cylinder by tucking the side to hold the filling. Insert a toothpick to ensure the shape.
- Take a large pot and heat oil in it over a medium-high flame. Place the beef rolls in the pot and cook while turning them until they turn brown on all sides. Keep them aside in a plate.
- In the pot, add the wine and sliced garlic. Bring them to boil and add beef broth, Italian seasoning and tomatoes. Put beef rolls in the pot again and reduce the flame. Cover the pot.
- Cook the rolls on low flame till they get tender. Check it by piercing a fork in the roll. It may take 1 ½ hour.
- Remove the toothpicks once they are cooked and season with salt and pepper. Add some grated cheese.
- Serve hot.
Note– You can add flour to the sauce if the sauce is thin.
Your Braciole is ready. Just try this recipe at your home and your friends and family will love it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Braciole
We all know that meat is very good for our health as it contains some nutrients that are vital for the human body. That’s why I’ve added a nutritional breakdown of Braciole.
How to Make Braciole at Home | Video
The variation you can add to this dish is by adding spinach, nuts or raisins to it. If you have any trouble making the dish, don’t worry because I have uploaded the video of the steps involved in this recipe. So watch it and cook it as per it.
After trying the recipe, do share your reviews in the comment section. For those who are having a query related to the recipe, feel free to ask your questions in the comment section. I will revert you with the best possible solution. Enjoy your meal.