Are you planning your holiday party menu and wondering what drink to serve? Bourbon milk punch is the answer. Creamy and delicious, this bourbon milk punch recipe will earn you a lot of compliments.
Bourbon milk punch is a creamy drink ideal for a holiday party. It is a cold cocktail made of yummy ingredients. All you need at hand is some good quality bourbon whisky, whole milk, simple syrup, vanilla extract, and freshly grated nutmeg.
You might be wondering how milk tastes with whiskey. Well, shake up this cocktail and be amazed by the results! This drink’s recipe was first recorded in 1688 in Scotland.
It is popularly served in New Orleans for brunches and holidays. Come, let’s check out the bourbon milk punch recipe below.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bourbon Milk Punch?
- Cocktail Shaker – You will need a cocktail shaker to mix the ingredients to make bourbon milk punch.
- Glass – A rock glass will be required to serve the drink.
- Grater – A grater will help you grate nutmeg.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bourbon Milk Punch?
|Preparation Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||5 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bourbon Milk Punch?
- Bourbon – To make bourbon milk punch, you will need two ounces of good-quality bourbon.
- Milk – A milk punch is incomplete with milk. You will need three ounces of whole milk.
- Simple Syrup – To add some sweetness to the drink, you will need one ounce of simple syrup. Simple syrup is a liquid sweetener made by dissolving sugar in water.
- Vanilla Extract – to add delicious notes of vanilla, you will need two dashes of vanilla extract.
- Ice– you will need some ice to make the drink cold.
- Nutmeg – to garnish the drink, you will need freshly grated nutmeg.
Steps To Make Bourbon Milk Punch
To make bourbon milk punch, you will need a cocktail shaker. Add bourbon, whole milk, simple syrup, and vanilla extract with some ice. Shake the ingredients until they turn cold. Pour the drink into a rock glass and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
|Saturated Fat||0.2 grams|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.01 gram|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.1 gram|
How Will Bourbon Milk Punch Look And Taste Like?
Bourbon milk punch is a delicious mix of milk and whiskey that turns into a rich drink. It has the perfect mix of milky flavors complimented by the oak and vanilla notes in the bourbon.
This creamy drink has been a crowd-pleaser for decades. It’s a delicious hug in a glass. Make sure to prepare a big pitcher for your guests ahead of time.
Bourbon Milk Punch Recipe
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 3 ounces Whole Milk
- 1 ounce Simple Syrup
- 2 dashes Vanilla Extract
- Nutmeg, freshly grated
- Take a cocktail shaker, add bourbon, whole milk, simple syrup, and vanilla extract with ice, and shake until chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass, and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
If you have tried this recipe of bourbon milk punch, write to us telling us your guests’ reactions in the comments section below. For more such delicious cocktail recipes, head to the recipes section on our website.
Frequently Answered Questions (FAQs)
What is bourbon milk punch made of?
Bourbon milk punch is made with bourbon whiskey, whole milk, simple syrup, and vanilla extract. It is topped with a garnish of freshly grated nutmeg.
How much time does it take to make bourbon milk punch?
You can prepare bourbon milk punch in 5 minutes.
What happens when you mix milk and whiskey?
By mixing milk and whisky together, you get a smooth drink that is highly flavorful.
Which alcohol is used to spike the milk punch?
Milk punch is a milk-based beverage. It commonly uses brandy or bourbon as an ingredient.