Do you want a recipe for holidays that’s delicious and has some drama to it as well? Try the delicious bourbon lobster. Allow me to paint you a picture. A delicious bright red shelled lobster with tender meat covered with a buttery and herby sauce. Sounds tempting, doesn’t it? It is as delicious as you might be imagining.
It’s called ‘bourbon’ lobster because it’s cooked with bourbon all up in flames. Yes, it is cooked in bourbon and some more in white wine. This is the drama I was talking about. It cooks the lobster to a tender perfection but adds a bitter overtone to it. This overtone is then veiled by the butter sauce.
The butter sauce in question is nothing but melted butter with minced herbs. After your lobster is cooked and fired up, pour this sauce over it and enjoy this beauty. I guarantee you’ll feel like a Michelin star chef after cooking this dish. Find the recipe for bourbon lobster here. But before you read out the entire recipe, check out other lobster dishes from the main course section of our blog.
1. Stuffed Lobster Tails– Stuffed lobster tails have tender juicy meat. It’s seasoned with spicy butter sauce. The stuffing on lobster tails has seafood mixed with mayonnaise and egg. It’s flavored with seasoning spices like Cajun. Old bay, cedar plank salmon spice, and many more. It’s a delicious seafood dish to be presented as Thanksgiving main.
2. Lobster Tail– Lobster tails are a perfect choice for holiday feast. These lobster tails are filled with the flavors of the butter mixture and then broiled to perfection. It’s seasoned with salt and paprika and contains the flavor of garlic with zest notes of lemon wedges.
3. Lobster Dip– Enjoy chips, biscuits, or bread with delicious lobster dip. It has cream cheese and butter mixed with lobster meat, horseradish, and onion. It’s flavored with lemon juice. This dip is loaded with the goodness of lobster meat and the flavors of cream cheese, butter, and lemon juice.
4. Dairy Free Lobster Bisque– Dairy-free lobster bisque is a delicious dairy-free version of lobster bisque. It’s loaded with the nutrients and flavors from veggies like shallots, onion, celery, carrots, etc. It’s spicy due to cayenne pepper, paprika, and hot sauce added to it. Try this classic French recipe on Thanksgiving and enjoy your healthy meal.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bourbon Lobster?
- 12” Skillet- All the action takes place in the skillet.
- Spatula- Some stirring, some flambeeing, all need a good spatula.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bourbon Lobster?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||25 Minutes||40 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bourbon Lobster?
- Maine Lobster- Cut the lobster into halves. Remove its insides and separate the claws and tail. Divide it into 6 pieces and get it ready for cooking.
- Shallots and Garlic- Add sweet and strong flavors to the lobster with the addition of these two.
- Unsalted Butter- The butter will be the protagonist of the sauce that you’ll pour over the lobster.
- Canola Oil- Use canola oil to cook the lobster and also the shallots and garlic.
- Bourbon- Is bourbon the drama? I think it is!
- Dry White Wine- After that, add some white wine, at last, to cook the lobster to perfect tenderness.
- Herbs (Parsley, Chives, and Chervil)- The other important factor in the sauce is the mixture of minced herbs.
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper- Seasoning is as important to a recipe as a fragrance to a rose (poetic).
Steps To Make Bourbon Lobster
1. Red Flags
Take the 12’’ skillet and heat a tablespoon of oil in it. Then, add the lobster pieces to it and cook them with their shell side up. Cook the lobster for about 15 minutes until its shell turns bright red (these are only red flags you should look for).
After that, add the remaining oil to the pan. Then, add the shallots and garlic to it and cook them for about 2 minutes until they are soft. Now, we are going to add some drama because who likes it basic.
2. Up In Flames
Pour some bourbon into the pan and then ignite it. Cook the lobster for 1 minute like that until the flames die down.
Once the drama has died down, pour some white wine into the pan and cook the lobster for 5 minutes until it becomes tender.
3. Incy Mincy Butter
Then, place the lobster on a serving plate. Now, add the butter and the minced herbs along with salt and pepper to the skillet. Place it on heat until the butter melts and then pour this herb and butter sauce over the lobster. Your delicious roasted bourbon lobster is ready!
|Saturated Fat||22.069 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.4 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||9.2 g|
How Will The Bourbon Lobster Look And Taste Like?
The bourbon lobster has a bright red shell and tender meat. The butter sauce makes it shine bright and just right. When you bite into it, the smoothness of the butter sauce is hard to escape. Also, the sweet taste of shallots with the strong taste of garlic has seeped into the lobster as well. The nuttiness of the white wine remains while the other bitter tonic (the bourbon) vanishes up in flames. Serve this baby up and enjoy a gourmet meal, all in the comfort of your home.
Bourbon Lobster Recipe
- 1 ½ lb. Maine Lobster (halved, insides removed)
- 3 Shallots (minced)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 6 tablespoons Unsalted Butter (cubed)
- 3 tablespoons Canola Oil
- ½ cup Bourbon
- ¼ cup Dry White Wine
- 3 tablespoons Herbs (minced) (Parsley, Chives, and Chervil)
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper ( to taste)
- Take the skillet and heat a tablespoon of oil in it. Then, add the lobster pieces to it and cook them with their shell side up. Cook the lobster for about 15 minutes until its shell turns bright red.
- After that, add the remaining oil to the pan. Then, add the shallots and garlic to it and cook them for about 2 minutes until they are soft.
- Pour some bourbon into the pan and then ignite it. Cook the lobster for 1 minute like that until the flames die down.
- Also, pour some white wine into the pan and cook the lobster for 5 minutes until it becomes tender.
- Then, place the lobster on a serving plate. Now, add the butter and the minced herbs along with salt and pepper to the skillet. Place it on heat until the butter melts and then pour it over the lobster.
- Your delicious roasted bourbon lobster is ready!
This is all about the bourbon lobster recipe. Try to make it at home and tell me in the comments how well you liked it. Happy cooking!