Today I am going to share a recipe that is very famous, healthy and easy to make. This recipe is Japanese cuisine and is one of the most famous Japanese dishes. You guessed it right. Today we are going to make sushi, but wait; these are not the regular sushis that you eat. This recipe is a little bit different and is called the Boston Sushi roll.
This type of sushi is very famous in some parts of America and the eastern parts of Asia. This recipe has a very good flavor and is made up of shrimps instead of imitation crab. I tasted this recipe in a hotel and was quite amazed by its taste. I searched this recipe and found it in a book. So, I tried making this recipe at home and to my surprise the sushis that I made was marvelous.
Today when my brother asked me if I could make him some sushi. So I thought it is a good time when I can share this Boston Sushi Roll recipe with all of you. So here I am again with this recipe known as Boston Sushi rolls.
This recipe is very simple, but you have to visit a supermarket to grab all the ingredients that are required. Take a look at those ingredients.
Ingredients for Boston Sushi Rolls
|Sushi rice||2 cups|
|Cold water||100 ml|
|Oil for frying||1 qt|
|Allpurpose flour||½ cup|
Get these ingredients and hop into your kitchen fast. But before getting into the kitchen, how much time will it take to make this amazing recipe?
And here is the answer in the box below.
How much time it will take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|20 minutes||5 minutes||25 minutes|
Thanks for the patience that you have shown till this part of the recipe. Now, is the main part of this recipe which you were waiting for since you started reading this blog? Ok fine, let’s start cooking.
Boston Sushi Roll Recipe
- Clean and peel off the shrimps with their tail still on them.
- Devein the shrimps with your hands.
- Make the shrimps straight possibly by bending it lightly towards outward with both your hands.
- Coat each shrimp properly with corn starch.
- Heat some oil in the pan or wok and gather all tempura ingredients.
- Take a bowl and put all-purpose flour, eggs and icy cold water and mix them together.
- After the oil is hot enough, dip your shrimps into the egg batter and fry them until golden brown.
- Slice the avocado and cucumber into 4 pieces of their full length.
- Take a Nori sheet and fold it into half and tear it.
- Take that Nori sheet and place it on the plastic-wrapped bamboo mat with keeping its textured side up.
- Put 1 cup of seasoned sushi rice onto nori sheet and spread 2 tsp of masaga on its top and gently spread to make a thin layer.
- Flip the Nori sheet upside down.
- Put tempura shrimp, cucumber and avocado on the topmost part of the Nori sheet.
- Roll this in a plastic wrap and hold for a few seconds to let them retain their shape.
- Cut this roll with a knife keeping the plastic wrap on and once started to serve, unwrap it carefully on the plates.
Enjoy your delicious Boston Sushi rolls at home with your family and friends.
Nutritional Facts of Boston Sushi Roll
As we all know that Sushi is a very good source of nutrients. So to prove this, I’ve added a nutritional breakdown of the nutrients present in Boston Sushi Roll.
How to Make Boston Sushi Rolls at Home | Video
Although this recipe is very simple, still I would recommend this video for your convenience. Do watch it before you try it at your home.
I hope you will like this sweet and simple Boston Sushi Roll recipe. I’ll be glad to hear from you guys, please let us know your reviews and queries in the comments section below.