If you’re looking for authentic Japanese Boston Sushi Roll, then I may be able to help you. Here I will share the easy and tasty recipe of this sushi that you can make at your home.
The first time I made these sushi rolls, I couldn’t make the inside roll properly. But as I made them more and more, I got perfect in making these rolls. I first ate them in a restaurant in California. Today I will share with you all the experience I gathered, making this sushi so that you can make perfect sushi.
The 2 main steps to make Boston Sushi Rolls are poaching the shrimps and then rolling the sushi. To poach shrimps, coat each shrimp with corn starch, flour and eggs. Then fry the shrimps. Now take a nori sheet and put rice, shrimp, cucumber and avocado. At last, roll them in a plastic sheet and cut them with a knife. Sushi Rolls are ready!
Make sure you don’t make the same mistakes that I made during my first try to make these rolls. If you follow the detailed recipe below, you will get a very better idea of the recipe and you will be able to make them easily. Now let’s see the ingredients required for making this recipe.
Ingredients for Boston Sushi Rolls
- 2 cups Sushi Rice
- ¼ pc Avocado
- 1 pc Nori
- ½ pc Cucumber
- 1 pc Egg
- 4 tsp Masago
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 100 ml Cold Water
- 1 qt oil for frying
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
Get these ingredients and hop into your kitchen fast. But before getting into the kitchen, how much time will it take to make this amazing recipe? And here is the answer in the box below.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Boston Sushi Rolls?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||5 minutes||25 minutes|
Thanks for the patience that you have shown till this part of the recipe. Now, is the main part of this recipe which you were waiting for since you started reading this blog? Ok fine, let’s start cooking.
Steps to Make Boston Sushi Rolls
First Comes The Process of Poaching Shrimps
- Clean and peel off the shrimps with their tail still on them.
- Devein the shrimps with your hands.
- Make the shrimps straight possibly by bending it lightly towards outward with both your hands.
- Coat each shrimp properly with corn starch.
- Heat some oil in the pan or wok and gather all tempura ingredients.
- Take a bowl and put all-purpose flour, eggs and icy cold water and mix them together.
- After the oil is hot enough, dip your shrimps into the egg batter and fry them until golden brown.
Now Come The Time Where You Roll Your Sushi
- Slice the avocado and cucumber into 4 pieces of their full length.
- Take a Nori sheet and fold it into half and tear it.
- Take that Nori sheet and place it on the plastic-wrapped bamboo mat with keeping its textured side up.
- Put 1 cup of seasoned sushi rice onto nori sheet and spread 2 tsp of masaga on its top and gently spread to make a thin layer.
- Flip the Nori sheet upside down.
- Put tempura shrimp, cucumber and avocado on the topmost part of the Nori sheet.
- Roll this in a plastic wrap and hold for a few seconds to let them retain their shape.
- Cut this roll with a knife keeping the plastic wrap on and once started to serve, unwrap it carefully on the plates.
Enjoy your delicious Boston Sushi rolls at home with your family and friends.
Nutritional Breakdown of Boston Sushi Rolls
As we all know that Sushi is a very good source of nutrients. So to prove this, I’ve added a nutritional breakdown of the nutrients present in Boston Sushi Roll.
How to Make Boston Sushi Rolls at Home | Video
Although this recipe is very simple, still I would recommend this video for your convenience. Do watch it before you try it at your home.
I hope you will like this sweet and simple Boston Sushi Roll recipe. I’ll be glad to hear from you guys, please let us know your reviews and queries in the comments section below.