There is one fast-food chain named Bojangles in America, which serves the best Cajun seasoned food. Their specialty is Cajun fried chicken and buttermilk biscuits. One of their delicious recipes is their dirty rice.
Bojangles was firstly set up in Charlotte in 1977 by Jack Fulk and Richard Thomas. They have their branches in other countries as well. Another recipe that will be loved by all who are fond of spicy food is dirty rice. Dirty rice is made of simple rice with some sausage.
To make Bojangles dirty rice, heat oil in a pan. Cook sausages in it until they are brown. Heat oil in another pan. Then, add onions and garlic to it. Also, add bell pepper, paprika, cayenne, and black pepper to it. Cook it for 10 minutes. Then, add the cooked rice to it. Cook it for 5 more minutes. Add the cooked sausage to it and stir it well. Your dirty rice is ready!
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Texas-Style Spanish– Spanish rice is a simple dish with a super simple recipe to make at home. It is also known as Mexican rice. This recipe goes great with all the Tex-Mex meals like enchiladas, tamales, and some others.
2. Slow Cooker Lasagna– Of the most popular dishes ever created, homemade lasagna has a different comfort attached to it. It is easy to make, with easily sourced ingredients easily bought from the store.
3. Scottish Stovies– Scottish stovies are usually made from leftover scrap meat and onions and potatoes to aid wastage. The term ‘stovies’ comes from the way the dish is cooked. The potatoes are stewed slowly rather than boiled.
4. Veal Francese– Veal is much healthier than beef as it has less fat and cholesterol. You can add some herbs of your choice like rosemary, garlic, thyme, or cloves while cooking. This will give make the veal spiced up and will enhance the flavor.
Bojangles Dirty Rice Recipe
- 3 cups Cooked Rice
- 1 pound Breakfast Sausage (grounded)
- ½ large Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic (minced)
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Take a large skillet and cook sausages in it until they turn brown. This may take up to 10 minutes. Keep them aside.
- Heat oil in another pan. Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, paprika, cayenne and black pepper to it. Stir it well.
- Cook them for 10 minutes until onions turn transparent.
- To this, add cooked rice and cook them on low flame.
- Stir them well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.