Bojangles dirty rice is an instant hit. This iconic dirty rice is filled with rich, colorful, and flavorful flavors. With this recipe, you can taste the infused flavors right in your kitchen. For a better lip-smacking experience, prepare this dirty rice recipe with us.
Bojangles is one of the fast-food chains in America, which serves the best Cajun seasoned food. One of their delicious recipes is their dirty rice. It is made with simple rice and some sausages. For getting it done in your kitchen, all you need is ground beef, spices, sausages, and veggies like celery, onions, and bell peppers.
Heat oil in a pan. Cook sausages in it until they are brown. Heat oil in another pan. Then, add onions, garlic, bell pepper, paprika, cayenne, and black pepper to it. Cook it for 10 minutes. Merge the veggies with cooked rice. Simmer for another 5 minutes and dirty rice will be ready in no time.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. The notable list of equipment, ingredients, nutritional facts and instructions are mentioned below. Moreover, check out other main course recipes below.
1. Texas-Style Spanish – Spanish rice is a simple dish with a super simple recipe to make at home. It is also known as Mexican rice. This recipe goes great with all the Tex-Mex meals like enchiladas, tamales, and some others.
2. Slow Cooker Lasagna – Of the most popular dishes ever created, homemade lasagna has a different comfort attached to it. It is easy to make, with easily sourced ingredients easily bought from the store.
3. Scottish Stovies – Scottish stovies are usually made from leftover scrap meat and onions and potatoes to aid wastage. The term ‘stovies’ comes from the way the dish is cooked. The potatoes are stewed slowly rather than boiled.
4. Veal Francese – Veal is much healthier than beef as it has less fat and cholesterol. You can add some herbs of your choice like rosemary, garlic, thyme, or cloves while cooking. This will give make the veal spiced up and will enhance the flavor.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bojangles Dirty Rice?
- Skillet – Saute the beef meat and veggies using a skillet.
- Saucepan – Cook the rice in a saucepan.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bojangles Dirty Rice?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bojangles Dirty Rice?
- Cooked Rice – Take a bowl of cooked rice for preparing Bojangles dirty rice.
- Breakfast Sausage – The country sausage is one of the hot sausages that will add heat and enhance the flavors of dirty rice.
- Olive Oil – Cook the beef and saute the veggies using olive oil.
- Ground Beef – Ground beef will add richness to the dirty rice.
- Chicken Broth – Add half a cup of chicken broth to the veggies
- Red Bell Pepper – Freshly chopped red bell peppers add color to the dirty rice.
- Onion – For a savory blend, add chopped onions.
- Garlic – Minced garlic will bring out piquant flavors to the dirty rice.
- Cayenne Pepper – Spice up the dirty rice with a teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Smoked Paprika – Adding smoked paprika will add heat to the veggies.
- Onion Powder – Bring out strong sharpness with a teaspoon of onion powder.
- Black Pepper – Season the veggies with a pinch of black pepper.
- Parsley – Fresh parsley will bring out refreshing flavors to the dirty rice.
- Celery – Celery will bring out crunchiness to the dirty rice.
- Salt – Add salt to your taste.
- Green Onions – Garnish the dirty rice with freshly chopped green onions.
Steps To Make Bojangles Dirty Rice
Saute the ground beef until it is brown and cooked properly. Then, add the celery, parsley, red bell peppers, garlic, onions, and all the dry spices. The dry spices include cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, onion powder, black pepper, and salt. Mix it well until the veggies are cooked through. Further, add chicken broth and a tablespoon of country sausage. Let it cook for 5 minutes until the liquid is dried.
When you see the veggies have soaked up the liquid, add rice, and mix it well. Simmer the rice for around 2-3 minutes. When everything is merged nicely, garnish it with freshly chopped green onions and serve.
How Will Bojangles Dirty Rice Look And Taste Like?
Bojangles dirty rice look amazingly delicious. The colorful veggies and nutritious ground beef complement the dirty rice. Prepared with flavorful spices the dirty rice tastes delightful. It will satiate your cravings and hunger.
Bojangles Dirty Rice Recipe
- ½ cup Cooked Rice
- ½ cup Breakfast Sausage
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ pound Ground Beef
- ½ cup Chicken Broth
- ½ cup Red Bell Pepper
- ½ cup Onion
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ cup Parsley
- ½ cup Celery
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Green Onions
- Saute the ground beef until it is brown and cooked properly. Then, add the celery, parsley, red bell peppers, garlic, onions, and all the dry spices.
- Add dry spices including cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, onion powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Further, add chicken broth and a tablespoon of country sausage. Let it cook for 5 minutes until the liquid is dried.
- Then, add onions, garlic, celery, parsley, bell pepper,
- When you see the veggies have soaked up the liquid, add rice, and mix it well. Simmer the rice for around 2-3 minutes.
- Cook them for 5 minutes until everything is cooked through.
- Garnish it with freshly chopped green onions and serve.
- Serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Bojangles Dirty Rice made of?
Bojangles dirty rice is prepared with ground beef, colorful veggies, and some rich spices.
Does Bojangles serve Dirty Rice?
Yes, Bojangles serve amazing dirty rice with a blend of rich seasoning and colorful veggies.
Why do they call Dirty Rice Dirty Rice?
The dirty rice is basically pilaf rice. It is called dirty rice because it has minced beef that is infused with tasty browned bits.
How much is a bowl of large dirty rice at Bojangles?
Bojangles large dirty rice costs you $2.99.
Get ready to prepare Bojangles dirty rice in your kitchen. Share your cooking experience with us in the comment section below.