Today we are making a very simple yet sweet recipe that I guess everyone in their childhood has heard of. I am talking about Boiled Custard. This recipe was once made by my grandmom and I liked it very much
This Boiled Custard recipe is quite easy and takes almost no time in getting cooked. But it tastes really good. My mom learned this recipe from my grandmother and tried making it once she couldn’t match the level of my grandmother.
So I decided to get back to my grandmother’s house and ask her if she could teach me this recipe. Well, she made this whole dessert in front of me and I noted down all the important steps which she did to make Boiled Custard.
Now as I know the best Boiled custard recipe, I thought I must share it with all you foodies over the world. This recipe requires a minimal amount of ingredients and is not very difficult to understand.
1. Creamy Caramel Flan– This caramel flan is a wonderful combination of cheesecake and creme brulee. It is so easy to make that anyone can make it at their home and everyone is going to love it because of its sweet and creamy taste.
2. Princess Pudding– Princess pudding is a chocolaty pudding that you must definitely try. This combination of semisweet chocolate, vanilla bean, eggs, cream and sugar is something that you can’t resist.
3. Suet Pudding– A suet pudding was originated in the United Kingdom. It is a British cuisine made up of wheat and suet, either boiled, steamed or baked. This is such a dish that can be prepared sweet or savoury.
4. Maple Glaze for Donuts– The glaze of the donut is what makes it drool-worthy. After trying this maple glaze recipe, I am sure you will never give a second thought to any other glaze for the donuts.
Ingredients For Boiled Custard
|Whole milk||2 Cups|
|Vanilla extract||½ tsp|
So, after getting these ingredients you are ready to make this recipe and enjoy the best Boiled Custard ever. There ingredients will be available at the nearest supermarket in your locality. You can get them easily.
How Much Time It Will Take?
Well, do you know how much time it takes to make this delicious Boiled custard? Here is the answer below.
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||29 minutes||39 minutes|
See, I told you it will not take much of your time. And apart from time, it’s really easy to make also. The recipe is so easy that you may start making it right now.
And finally, the wait is over. Let’s move to the main part. Yes! Let’s make it. I am very much excited to share all these instructions with you guys. Please try this recipe at home.
Boiled Custard Recipe
- Take a pan and boil the milk until it steams
- Beat the egg yolks
- Mix sugar and flour in a bowl. And add the egg yolks into it.
- After boiling the milk, add the milk into this egg yolk, and flour mixture and stir it well.
- Take a pan and heat it on the medium flame and add this milk mixture into it. Stir this mixture for 20 minutes.
- After stirring, cool the mixture for 5-8 minutes and then strain it through a cloth or filter and add vanilla extract into it.
- Refrigerate the mixture and allow it to cool well.
- Add the whipping cream after the mixture is completely cooled.
Now we are done cooking the Boiled Custard. Serve this dessert to your family after their meal and they all will love it.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Boiled Custard
This recipe is very healthy for all of us. But I have mentioned the complete nutritional breakdown of this recipe who are always conscious about their health.
|Dietary Fiber||0 gm|
How To Make Boiled Custard at Home | Video
I would recommend this video for you guys to know more about the details of this recipe. It will help you to make this recipe even better.
I hope you have liked this recipe and please comment down below your reviews and experiences about this recipe of Boiled Custard. We would love to hear from you. Stay tuned for more amazing recipes.