Spicy slice of sweet potatoes will definitely make you drool. Relish this Bobby Flay sweet potato recipe that gives you an instant spike. These potatoes are infused with rich spices and grilled to perfection. Let’s dive to know the recipe.
When we talk about preparing them, it’s a simple recipe. Firstly, prepare the spice oil with cumin, paprika, cinnamon, and canola oil. Then boil the sweet potatoes. Once cooked, brush them with spice oil and start grilling. Tender and crispy sweet potatoes are ready.
You can serve these grilled sweet potatoes with ketchup or any other sauce. Or take them to the next level by making your own sauces. Prepare different spices, sauces – as you like!
Follow this recipe to make these yummy sweet potatoes in just twenty minutes. They are crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. Get equipment details and nutritional information along with the recipe. Enjoy grilling! Follow the link to know Bobby Flay recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Mac And Cheese Carbonara
- Bobby Flay Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- Bobby Flay Fish Tacos Recipe
- Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Hash
- Bobby Flay Buttermilk Biscuits
- Bobby Flay BBQ Sauce
- Bobby Flay Spicy BBQ Ribs
- Bobby Flay Coconut Cake
- Bobby Flay Pickled Onions
- Bobby Flay Pasta Salad
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Sweet Potato?
- Saucepan – Boil sweet potatoes in the saucepan filled with water.
- Bowl – Combine spices in the bowl along with oil.
- Grill – Grill boiled sweet potatoes on medium heat.
- Brush – While grilling, brush sweet potatoes with spice oil for some flavors.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Sweet Potato?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||20 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Sweet Potato?
- Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potatoes are first boiled and then grilled.
- Canola Oil – Mix canola oil with spices to make a spice oil.
- Cumin – Cumin brings earthy flavors to the spice oil.
- Cinnamon – For some woody and strong flavors, add cinnamon.
- Paprika – Paprika adds a nice red color to the sweet potatoes.
- Salt – Balance the taste of potatoes with salt.
- Black Pepper – Sprinkle black pepper over sweet potatoes for strong flavors.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Sweet Potato
1. Make Spice Oil
In a small bowl, mix together paprika, cumin, and cinnamon along with oil. Let it sit.
2. Prepare Sweet Potatoes
Stir in water to the saucepan. Place sweet potatoes and bring to a boil. Cook potatoes for fifteen minutes until tender. Once boiled, drain and let it cool. Cut them into round thick slices.
3. Start Grilling
Preheat the grill to medium heat. Brush sweet potatoes with spice oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Grill until golden brown for three minutes per side.
Continue to brush with spice oil while grilling. Transfer to the serving plate. Sweet potatoes are ready.
|Total Fat||7.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||19 g|
How Will Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Look And Taste Like?
Bobby Flay sweet potatoes are grilled and have smokey notes. They look dark brown and charred. On the outer side, they are crispy and inner side, creamy and tender. Bruised with spice oil, tastes flavorful and spicy.
Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Recipe
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (a dash)
- Take a saucepan and boil sweet potatoes.
- Cut them into thick slices.
- Meanwhile, prepare spice oil combining cumin, cinnamon and paprika with oil.
- Once sweet potatoes are boiled, brush them with spice oil. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Grill them for fifteen minutes on a medium heat. Keep them brushing with spice oil. So, they get more flavors.
- Spicy grilled Bobby Flay sweet potatoes are ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Should you soak sweet potatoes before grilling?
No, you no need to soak sweet potatoes before grilling. You can directly cook them up on the grill. But make sure you cut them in rounds so they cook evenly on the grill.
What is the healthiest way to eat sweet potatoes?
Boiling sweet potatoes is the healthiest way to eat them. As, they retain more beta-caretine and makes it more nutrient absorbed. When you limit the cook time for sweet potatoes, they will be more nutritious.
How many carbs are in a grilled sweet potato?
A large sweet potato has 37 gram of carbs. It has five gram of natural sugar and four gram of fiber.
Should you eat the skin of sweet potatoes?
Yes! You can eat the sweet potato’s skin as it is safe. They are rich in fiber and antioxidants. They will give you feeling of fullness and you can cook up various recipes using them.
What goes with sweet potatoes?
You can enjoy broccoli, zucchini, sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, green beans and bell peppers with the sweet potatoes. There are lots kind of salad recipes with which you can enjoys sweet potatoes.
Are you craving something spicy? To savor the flavors, prepare Bobby Flay sweet potatoes. These sweet potatoes are grilled, brushed with spicy oil, and have smokey flavors. Relish this recipe for your next cook-up!