Have you ever made sweet potato hash before? If not, this Bobby Flay Sweet potato hash recipe will blow your mind. It’s a great recipe to enjoy this nutritious sweet potato in a quick time. Let’s look at the recipe.
A sweet potato hash recipe starts with preparing vinaigrette. Combine onions, vinegar, mustard sauce, and cold water into the blender. Boil sweet potatoes in salted water. Caramelize the onion and combine everything into the pan. Delicious sweet potato hash is ready.
Want to make your sweet potato hash a bit more flavorful? You can use an assortment of ingredients. The sky’s the limit. Add eggs to it or any other kind of vegetables like asparagus, zucchini, etc.
Sweet potato lovers will love this Bobby Flay sweet potato hash recipe. You can serve it with a variety of dishes. Begin making sweet potato hash with this perfect follow-along recipe. Get all the details in the article below.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Hash?
- Saucepan – Make a vinaigrette in the saucepan.
- Cooking Pan – Saute onions until caramelized in the cooking pan.
- Spatula – Mix everything with a spatula.
- Blender – Blend the sauce ingredients into the blender.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Hash?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||1 Hour||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Hash?
- Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potatoes are best for making hash for their nutritional value.
- Butter – Heat butter in the pan to sauté onions.
- Olive Oil – Add olive oil to the vinaigrette to make it smooth and shiny.
- Honey – A drop of honey will add a sweet natural taste to the dish.
- Dijon Mustard – Dijon mustard is amazing to add for a creamy texture.
- White Wine Vinegar – A splash of white wine vinegar will bring out light fruity taste to the sweet potato hash.
- Onion – Cook onions until caramelized for deep sweet potato hash flavors.
- Sugar – Add sugar to the sweet potato to get a succulent taste.
- Salt – Salt is added to balance the sweetness of sweet potato hash.
- Black Pepper – Dash of black pepper to get a strong taste.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Hash
1. Prepare Vinaigrette
Combine onions, vinegar, mustard sauce, and cold water in a blender. Blend until smooth. Then add olive oil gradually while it’s blending on medium speed. Stir in honey and season with salt and black pepper. Vinaigrette is ready.
2. Prepare Sweet Potato Hash
Heat olive oil and butter in the pan. Add onions and saute until they are brown and caramelized. It will take 30 minutes. Sprinkle a pinch of sugar. Season with salt and black pepper. Keep it aside.
While onions are cooking, place sweet potatoes to boil in another saucepan. Add some salt to the water and bring the water to a boil. Once boiled, remove them from the water. Cut with a knife and keep it out for ten to twelve minutes.
3. Make And Serve
Heat oil and butter in the pan. Add sweet potatoes and cook for five minutes until golden brown. Then add caramelized onion and drizzle the vinaigrette we just prepared. Mix well. Serve and enjoy sweet potato hash.
|Total Carbohydrates||17 g|
How Will Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Hash Look And Taste Like?
This Bobby Flay sweet potato recipe offers amazing color, flavor, and extra nutrition. It’s a savory, spicy, sour, and bit spicy dish to relish for breakfast. The boiled sweet potatoes will melt in your mouth with tons of flavor bombs. Try yourself!
Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Hash Recipe
- Cooking Pan
- 6 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 1 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoons White Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup Onion (sliced)
- Sugar (a pinch)
- Salt ( to taste)
- Black Pepper (a dash)
- Merge onions, vinegar, mustard sauce, and cold water into the blender. Stir in olive oil and honey and blend again. At last, season with salt and black pepper. Vinaigrette is ready.
- Saute onions in the pan until caramelized for thirty minutes. Sprinkle some sugar. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Meanwhile, boil sweet potatoes in the salted water for five minutes.
- Now heat oil and butter in the pan. Add sweet potatoes and cook until golden brown. Then add caramelized onions and mix well.
- Add vinaigrette. Sweet potato hash is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What potatoes are best for a hash?
Sweet potatoes are best for a hash.
How many carbs are in sweet potato hash?
Since sweet potatoes are less in fat, they have only 5 grams of carbs per potato.
Is sweet potato good fiber?
Sweet potato is high in fiber.
Is boiling sweet potatoes healthy?
Yes! For making hash, sweet potatoes are boiled and then cooked with other ingredients.
Do you soak sweet potatoes before peeling?
No! Sweet potatoes are okay not to soak in the water. You can directly peel them without soaking.
Forget plain hash with potatoes. It’s time to grab your spoon for this amazing sweet potato hash recipe. This version is healthy and easy to make. So, get ready to cook this for your next dinner. Don’t forget to share your experience in the comments with us!