A Christmas feast is incomplete without a hearty roasted turkey. We have got you a quintessential Bobby Flay roast turkey recipe. Cooked to perfection, this smokey and charred roast turkey is served with veggies. Try the full recipe to get the copycat roasted turkey done right.
To make delightful turkey, start with grounding herbs like parsley, thyme, salt, black pepper, butter, rosemary, and sage in a food processor. Brush this buttery herb mixture on the whole turkey and inside the cavity. Fill the cavity with fresh veggies like onion, celery, and carrots. Then, bast it with chicken stock before roasting. Your scrumptious turkey is cooked right on point and served.
If you are also one of them who wants to make their turkey moist, brine turkey. This will make your turkey juicy and tender after roasting. Brushing the turkey with butter will keep it moist, as well as enhance its overall taste.
This simple Bobby Flay roast turkey recipe looks fancy. Make your holidays tasty with this easy-to-prepare recipe. Just follow the simple steps and also get details about equipment to use, and nutritional information about the turkey. Enjoy homemade turkey with your friends and family. Click on the link to check other Bobby Flay recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Sausage Gravy
- Bobby Flay Hanger Steaks
- Bobby Flay Pizza Dough
- Bobby Flay Beef Chili
- Bobby Flay Shrimp And Grits
- Bobby Flay Meatloaf
- Bobby Flay Grilled Steak
- Bobby Flay Crispy Rice
- Bobby Flay Meatballs
- Bobby Flay Salisbury Steak
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Roast Turkey?
- Oven – Roast turkey in the oven for forty-five minutes.
- Baking Sheet – Place turkey on the baking sheet for roasting.
- Saucepan – Heat chicken stock in the saucepan and simmer for some time.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Roast Turkey?
|1 Hour 15 Minutes
|1 Hour 30 Minutes
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Roast Turkey?
- Whole Turkey – Roast whole turkey seasoned with salt and pepper to perfection.
- Butter – Brush butter on the turkey for a moist texture.
- Chicken Stock – Cook chicken stock to use for basting turkey.
- Celery – Add celery to the salad served along with the roast turkey.
- Onion – Put onions in salad and serve along with the roasted turkey.
- Carrots – Carrots are used to serve with roasted turkey as a salad.
- Thyme – Ground thyme leaves to add herbaceous flavor to the roasted turkey.
- Sage – Get aromatic flavors with sage.
- Rosemary – Add rosemary to bring out minty flavors in roasted turkey.
- Parsley – Cook roasted turkey with parsley to add a hint of earthiness.
- Black Pepper – Spice up turkey with a pinch of black pepper.
- Salt – Balance the taste of roasted turkey with salt.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Roast Turkey
1. Season Turkey
In a food processor, combine butter, sage, rosemary, thyme, and parsley. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Season turkey with salt and pepper and fill the cavity with half of the carrots, celery, and onion. Rub the entire turkey with herb butter and season well.
3. Roast Turkey
Add four cups of chicken stock to the saucepan. Cook and simmer on low heat.
Place the turkey in the oven. Put a cup of chicken stock around the turkey to create steam. So, the turkey gets cooked evenly. Roast for forty-five minutes until golden brown. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and roast for another fifteen minutes.
4. Ready To Eat Turkey
Remove the turkey from the oven. Transfer it to the baking sheet. Let it rest for twenty minutes. Roasted turkey is ready.
How Will Bobby Flay Roast Turkey Look And Taste Like?
Bobby Flay roast turkey tastes rich and has a juicy texture. This delicious, spicy, savory, zesty, earthy treat boasts aromatic flavors of fresh herbs. Basting chicken broth enhances the flavor and essence of this roast turkey. Turkey is coated with butter and herb mixture for an earthy flavor.
Bobby Flay Roast Turkey Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- 17 Ib Whole Turkey
- 1 1/4 Stick Butter
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 3 Celery
- 2 Onion
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Tablespoon Thyme
- 2 Tablespoon Sage
- 2 Tablespoon Rosemary
- 2 Tablespoon Parsley
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Combine butter, sage, rosemary, thyme, and parsley in a food processor. Process until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Add half the carrots, celery, and onion to the cavity of the turkey and season with salt and pepper. Season the entire turkey with herb butter.
- Pour four cups of chicken stock into the saucepan. On low heat, cook, and simmer.
- Place the turkey in the oven. Add a cup of chicken stock to the turkey to create steam.
- Roast for forty-five minutes until golden brown. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and roast for another fifteen minutes.
- Remove the turkey from the oven. Let it rest for twenty minutes.
- Roasted turkey is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long does it take for the turkey to roast?
It takes around forty-five minutes to one hour to roast the turkey.
Do you cover turkey when roasting?
You can cook a turkey in both ways: covered and uncovered.
What is the best roasting temperature for turkey?
Roasting turkey at 400 degrees Fahrenheit is the perfect temperature.
Do you put water in the bottom of the roasting pan for turkey?
You can put water or chicken stock in the bottom of the roasting pan to cook the turkey evenly.
How do I keep my turkey moist?
Brush the turkey with butter or oil to keep it moist.
Want to make something special to celebrate the occasion? Prepare this super easy turkey feast.