Coming up with the perfect Red Velvet cake can be intimidating. There are a lot of factors you may need to see: texture, flavor, and appearance of the cake. To help you out, I am sharing Bobby Flay red velvet cake recipe version with you.
Let’s bake your first red velvet cake. Combine flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl. Then, prepare the wet ingredients by combining butter, buttermilk, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, red wine vinegar, and oil. Now combine with dry ingredients and bake. Prepare the creamy frost and your first ever red velvet cake is ready.
Let me tell you a secret! To bake the best red velvet cake, stir in buttermilk. It gives this cake a nice buttery and tangy taste. Secondly, prepare your frosting with cream cheese. It will change the game of frosting and make your cake extra rich and creamy.
Red velvet cake isn’t just a cake, it’s a delicacy! Red velvet cake is incredibly tasty, yet the unique taste makes it different from other cakes. Follow this Bobby Flay red velvet cake recipe and make your family happy. Also, get full details about equipment to use as well as nutritional information. Follow the link to know Bobby Flay recipes.
What's In The Post
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Mac And Cheese Carbonara
- Bobby Flay Baby Back Ribs Recipe
- Bobby Flay Fish Tacos Recipe
- Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Hash
- Bobby Flay Buttermilk Biscuits
- Bobby Flay BBQ Sauce
- Bobby Flay Spicy BBQ Ribs
- Bobby Flay Coconut Cake
- Bobby Flay Pickled Onions
- Bobby Flay Pasta Salad
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Red Velvet Cake?
- Oven – Bake red velvet cake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit degrees for fifteen minutes.
- Cake Pans – Fill the cake pans with the cake batter.
- Bowl – Combine baking ingredients in the bowl.
- Stand Mixer – Beat butter and sugar with other ingredients in the stand mixer.
- Wire Rack – Place hotcakes on the wire rack
- Spatula – For a better mix, use a spatula.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Red Velvet Cake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 Minutes||40 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Red Velvet Cake?
- All-Purpose Flour – Get an incredible cake texture with all-purpose flour.
- Oil – To make the cake moist and spongy, use oil.
- Buttermilk – Buttermilk makes the cake taste tangy.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla extract is a key ingredient in baking for enhancing flavors.
- Red Food Coloring – Red food coloring adds a nice red color to the cake.
- Red Wine Vinegar – To brighten up your cake flavor and balance saltiness, red wine vinegar is a must.
- Heavy Cream – Use heavy cream for the frosting of the red velvet cake.
- Whole Milk – To thicken frosting, use whole milk.
- Eggs – When used in cake batter, eggs add structure.
- Butter – Create a light and tender texture in the cake with butter.
- Vanilla Bean – For rich flavors in the cake, add vanilla bean.
- Cocoa Powder – Bring a chocolatey flavor to the cake with cocoa powder.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda helps cakes rise.
- Granulated Sugar – Granulated sugar adds sweetness to the cake.
- Salt – A pinch of salt to balance the taste of the red velvet cake.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Red Velvet Cake
1. Prepare Cake Batter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter cake pans and line parchment paper. Meanwhile, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
Place butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add eggs one by one, and beat on medium speed. Then, stir in vanilla extract and red wine vinegar and combine well.
2. Time To Bake
Add the dry flour mixture to the batter. Stir in buttermilk and mix well. Divide the batter into the two cake pans and bake for thirty to forty minutes.
When the cakes are baked, place them on the wire rack to cool down. Start by slicing each cake into two layers and frosting.
3. For Frosting
In a saucepan, combine cream, milk, and vanilla bean. Cook over medium heat until simmering. Discard vanilla beans from the saucepan.
Now add flour to the saucepan and make a fine paste. Make sure no lumps are created. Once cooked, cool down and refrigerate for two hours.
Now beat sugar and butter in a stand mixer bowl. Whisk until fluffy. Stir the creamed butter with the cold paste. The frosting is ready. Now frost the cake layers. Red velvet cake is ready.
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||36 g|
How Will Bobby Flay Red Velvet Cake Look And Taste Like?
Bobby Flay red velvet cake is instantly recognizable with its striking red appearance. The cake is soft, buttery, moist, spongy, and full of delectable magical flavors. The rich chocolate flavor mixed with hints of vanilla, and cocoa will leave you wanting the cake more!
Bobby Flay Red Velvet Cake Recipe
- Cake Pans
- Stand Mixer
- Wire Rack
- 3 ¾ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ cups Oil
- 1½ cups Buttermilk
- 1½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1½ teaspoons Red Food Coloring
- 1½ teaspoons Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 3 Eggs
- 12 tablespoons Butter
- ½ Vanilla Bean
- 3 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3 cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter cake pans, Keep them aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder in the bowl. Mix well.
- Now cream the butter with sugar in the bowl along with eggs, buttermilk, red wine vinegar, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture into the wet ingredients. The batter is ready.
- Transfer the batter to the cake pans and bake for forty minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the frosting. In a saucepan, combine cream, milk, and vanilla bean. Bring to a simmer on medium heat. Remove vanilla beans.
- Add flour to the saucepan and make a fine paste.
- Once cooked, cool down and refrigerate for two hours.
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine sugar and butter. Whisk until fluffy. Stir the creamed butter with the cold paste.
- The frosting is ready.
- Now frost the cake layers.
- Red velvet cake is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What makes a cake red velvet?
A cake is colored with red syrup, that’s why it is called red velvet.
What is real red velvet cake made of?
A real red velvet cake is made of cocoa powder, vinegar, and buttermilk.
Why does red velvet cake taste different?
Red velvet cake is delicious because it has flavors of cocoa, red wine vinegar and cream cheese.
What flavor is red velvet?
Red velvet cake is tangy and has a hint of chocolate flavor.
Why do you put vinegar in a red velvet cake?
Red velvet cake is tangy in nature. Therefore along with buttermilk, you should also add red wine vinegar.
You won’t believe how easy it is to make red velvet cake. Follow this recipe and bake an irresistible cake.