My day usually starts with a slice of regular bread and tea. But when I tried this Bobby Flay pumpkin bread, I was thrilled. It is a delightful and comforting baked treat that has become my new favorite. The best part is we can make it at home with no fuss.
This version of pumpkin bread is moist and flavorful and decked with flavors. It is way better than regular bread as it has a wonderfully moist and tender crumb. The perfect combination of pumpkin puree and bread will surely impress your guests.
All you have to do is to be careful with the ingredients. Measure the components correctly, or else you will get dry and tough bread. Also, don’t get confused between baking powder and soda. Be very careful with the ingredients. Also, don’t skip the eggs. They make the bread super dense.
Do you want to whip up a batch of this bread for the evening date? Try this delicious and flavorful pumpkin bread at home with ease. Refer to the guide below for the perfect texture and flavor. Trust me; you won’t be disappointed.
What's In The Post
Is This The Exact Bobby Flay Pumpkin Bread Recipe?
This pumpkin bread recipe is as close to the original recipe as the Bobby Flay recipe. We’ve followed the recipe step-by-step as the chef did in his recipe. We were initially skeptical about how the recipe would turn out. To our surprise, it turned out to be fluffy bread.
You must follow this guide thoroughly to create a delicious, moist, and tender pumpkin bread similar to Bobby Flay. You won’t believe how easy it is to make.
Is Bobby Flay Pumpkin Bread Different From Regular Pumpkin Bread?
Yes, this Bobby Flay is slightly different from the regular pumpkin bread. Bobby Flay has used pumpkin puree to make this bread, while other recipes use fresh pumpkin. Besides this, Bobby Flay has used all-purpose flour to make the batter, while other recipes combine all-purpose flour or wheat flour.
Bobby Flay pumpkin bread uses oil to add richness, while other recipes use butter. Bobby Flay’s bread is moist and dense, while other recipes may be more cake-like.
Why You’ll Love This Bobby Flay Pumpkin Bread Recipe?
- This recipe is all you need to enjoy your evening. This pumpkin bread is fluffy, moist, full-filling, and easy to make. This homemade version is made with fresh and quality ingredients.
- The best part is you can easily customize this dish per your choice and taste. The ingredients used in this recipe can be available easily in your pantry.
Does This Recipe Use Real Pumpkins?
No, this Bobby Flay’s pumpkin bread recipe uses canned pumpkin puree. However, if you want, you can use fresh pumpkin puree. If you are using fresh pumpkin puree, reduce the liquid in the recipe. This is because fresh pumpkin puree is typically more moist than canned.
Is This Pumpkin Bread Vegan And Gluten-Free?
No, this Bobby Flay pumpkin bread recipe is not vegan and gluten-free. It contains eggs and all-purpose flour. However, you can make it vegan and gluten-free by substituting the ingredients with vegan-free and gluten-free alternatives.
You can swap all-purpose flour with rice, oats, or almond flour. Other than this, you can substitute eggs with flax or chia seeds.
Equipment Required For Bobby Flay Pumpkin Bread
- Oven – Bake prepared pumpkin bread dough in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Loaf Pan – Pour the prepared pumpkin bread batter into a loaf pan for baking.
- Bowl – Combine all the ingredients in the bowl for the batter.
- Spatula – Prepare the batter by combining all the ingredients with a spatula.
Bobby Flay Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
- Pumpkin Puree – We’ve used pumpkin puree for this recipe as it will have a rich, earthy flavor and moisture.
- Eggs – Whisked eggs will help bind the ingredients together.
- Vanilla Essence – A drop of vanilla essence will add floral and nutty notes to the bread.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil will provide moisture and add richness to the bread.
- Chocolate – We’ve used semi-sweet chocolate to add crunch and chocolatey taste.
- Flour – All-purpose flour will help provide a fluffy structure to the bread.
- Baking Soda – A pinch of baking soda will help raise the bread.
- Baking Powder – A dash of baking powder will make the bread fluffy.
- Pumpkin Spice – We’ve used a pumpkin spice blend to add warmth and aromatic flavors.
- Salt – Salt will enhance the taste of the bread and balance the sweetness.
- Sugar – Sugar will sweeten the bread, providing moisture.
Bobby Flay Pumpkin Bread Ingredients Substitutions
- Pumpkin Puree – Pumpkin puree is the key to that signature flavor. However, you can substitute it with sweet potato puree or butternut squash puree.
- All-Purpose Flour – We’ve used all-purpose flour to get the denser bread. But feel free to substitute it with whole wheat, gluten-free, or almond flour.
- Olive Oil – Swap olive oil with other vegetable oil to make the dough.
- Eggs – Substitute eggs with flax eggs or chia eggs for eggs.
- Baking Powder – Baking powder is added to expand the dough. However, if you don’t have it handy, increase the amount of baking soda.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda is the key to light and fluffy bread. But, if you don’t have it, double the baking powder.
What Oil Should You Use For This Recipe?
We’ve used olive oil in this recipe. The reason is olive oil has a neutral flavor and a high smoke point, which won’t overpower unwanted flavors to the bread.
However, you can use any oil for Bobby Flay’s pumpkin bread. You can use canola oil, grapeseed oil, and avocado oil. These oils also have neutral flavors and high smoke points.
If you use a flavored oil, such as olive or coconut oil, adjust the amount of oil in the recipe. These oils have more robust flavors, so you may only need half a cup or less.
Bobby Flay Pumpkin Bread Preparation And Cooking Time
|Preparation Time||Cookin Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
Bobby Flay Pumpkin Bread Recipe Steps
Step 1- Begin by adding a cup of sugar to a bowl.
Step 2- Then, whisk one egg in a bowl.
Step 3- Drizzle a lug of olive oil in a bowl.
Step 4- Now, mix everything until thoroughly combined.
Step 5- Now is the time to prepare the base of the bread. For this, you will need to add a teaspoon of salt to two cups of flour.
Step 6- Next, stir in a teaspoon each of baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin spice and give it a good stir.
Step 7- Combine flour mixture with egg mixture for further processing.
Step 8- Now, mix in pumpkin puree to the batter.
Step 9- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Step 10- Fold in melted chocolate into the batter.
Step 11- Spoon the batter into the loaf tin lined with parchment paper.
Step 12- Bake the batter at 180°C for twenty minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
Step 13- Our Bobby Flay pumpkin bread is ready to serve!
Tips To Make This Pumpkin Bread Better
- We strongly recommend using fresh pumpkin puree for a richer flavor. Canned pumpkin puree is convenient, but you will need more rich flavors and textures. So, make your pumpkin puree.
- Keep the batter the same, as it can make pumpkin bread challenging. Just combine the dry and wet ingredients until it is done.
- The best part of this recipe is you can add mix-ins. Add chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried fruit, or spices like ginger or allspice.
- Bake this pumpkin bread until a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean. Pumpkin bread is done baking when it is no longer wet in the center.
- Let this Bobby Flay pumpkin bread cool completely before slicing and serving. Otherwise, your bread will fall apart when it is hot.
- Don’t use cold ingredients. Let all the elements come to room temperature.
- Don’t use butter instead of oil, or you won’t get moist bread.
- Refrain from filling the loaf pan. Otherwise, your bread will stay the same when baked.
- Glaze the bread with a combination of powdered sugar and milk to add a touch of sweetness and moisture.
What To Do If Pumpkin Bread Isn’t Rising Properly?
If your pumpkin bread isn’t rising, it might be because:
- You have yet to use fresh leavening agents. Yes, if baking powder and soda are old, they may not be effective in raising the bread.
- The water you use to activate the yeast might be too hot or cold.
- You have overmixed the batter. You should know that overmixing the batter can develop the flour’s gluten, making the bread challenging and preventing it from rising properly.
- You have overfilled the loaf pan. Filling the pan more than half will keep the bread from rising.
- Using too much sugar or salt can also hamper the bread’s rise.
- Other than this, if you have added too much flour, it can make your dough stiff and dry.
These were some of the reasons that might hamper the bread’s rise. But what is done is done. Now, let’s discuss how to rectify it.
- We recommend using fresh leavening agents.
- Next, it is advised to measure your ingredients carefully. Too much or too little can affect the rise of your bread.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Mix the batter until just combined.
- Place the dough in a warm place to rise.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or a damp cloth to prevent it from drying out.
- Add a little bit of sugar to the batter. Sugar helps to feed the yeast and promote rising.
How Will This Pumpkin Bread Recipe Look And Taste Like?
Beating Bobby Flay pumpkin bread was daunting, but we did it. We recreated his pumpkin bread recipe, which was moist and flavorful with a slightly denser texture. This pumpkin bread had a golden brown crust and a rich pumpkin flavor.
We were skeptical about its taste, but it was yummy. It had a rich pumpkin flavor. When we tasted it, it was slightly sweet but not overly sweet. It was moist and tender but not dense. I am thrilled to try this bread. I’m sure you will relish it, too.
Can You Make This Recipe Without Sugar?
Yes, you can make this Bobby Flay pumpkin bread without sugar. It would be naturally sweet without sugar due to pumpkin puree. However, if you choose to enhance the sweetness and flavor, there are a few different ways to do this.
- One way is to use stevia or monk fruit sweetener.
- Another way is to use a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
- You can also use mashed ripe bananas to sweeten your pumpkin bread.
Why Is My Pumpkin Bread Too Moist?
Adding too much pumpkin puree can make your Bobby Flay pumpkin bread too moist. Otherwise, the bread will be too moist if you don’t use enough flour. The reason is flour absorbs moisture, but not enough flour in the batter can lead to moist bread.
Overmixing the dough can be one of the reasons for moist bread. Overmixing the batter develops gluten, making the bread challenging and gummy. Last but not least is underbaking the bread. Baking the bread at the right temperature is advised, or your bread will become moist.
Bobby Flay Pumpkin Bread Nutritional Values
This Bobby Flay pumpkin bread is healthier than any other bread as it contains pumpkin puree. Also, it is low in calories and fats. For further information on its nutritional value, take a look at the table below:
|Total Fat||6.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||28 g|
Can You Make This Pumpkin Bread Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make this Bobby Flay pumpkin bread recipe ahead of time. For this, let the baked bread cool completely. Then, wrap it tightly in plastic or foil and store it at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
You can also freeze the batter if you want to use it for later. Pour the batter into a greased and floured loaf pan and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. Place the loaf pan in the freezer for up to three months. When ready to bake, preheat your oven and bake the bread.
How To Store This Pumpkin Bread Properly?
To store Bobby Flay pumpkin bread, you can either refrigerate it or freeze it. How?
- Refrigeration – Store pumpkin bread in the refrigerator for up to a week. For this, wrap the leftover pumpkin bread in plastic or foil, then transfer it to an airtight container.
- Freezing – Freeze pumpkin bread for two to three weeks. To freeze, wrap the loaf in plastic wrap and place it in the freezer safe bag.
Can You Reheat Bobby Flay Pumpkin Bread?
Yes, you can reheat Bobby Flay pumpkin bread. Here are a few different ways to do this:
- Microwave – To reheat Bobby Flay pumpkin bread in the microwave, place the leftover bread on a microwave-safe plate and reheat it for 10 to 15 seconds. Keep an eye on it while reheating, or it will become dry and tough.
- Oven – To reheat Bobby Flay pumpkin bread in the oven, place leftover bread on a baking tray lined with a baking sheet. Then, bake the bread for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Toaster – To reheat pumpkin bread in the toaster, place a slice or two of bread in the toaster and toast to your liking.
What To Serve With This Bobby Flay Pumpkin Bread?
You can serve Bobby Flay pumpkin bread with hot coffee or tea. But you can serve it with these pretty fabulous sides. Here are some options to consider:
- Bobby Flay Grilled Steak – Serve a piece of protein and fat with this grilled steak recipe with pumpkin bread. It is very easy to make, flavorful, and juicy.
- Bobby Flay Hanger Steaks – Serve hanger steaks with tasty pumpkin bread. It’s not just delicious but also full of umami flavors. It is a famous, well-seasoned beef cut you can easily prepare at home and enjoy its emerging flavors.
- Bobby Flay Cornell Chicken – Elevate the taste of pumpkin bread with the smoky chicken. This appetizer is perfect for a weeknight meal that will surely please your taste buds.
- Bobby Flay Sweet Potato – Serve this grilled sweet potato with your pumpkin bread and enjoy this weekend. These smoky grilled potatoes taste divine with eggplant and pasta.
- Bobby Flay Sangria – Enjoy the shots of sangria with this Bobby Flay pumpkin bread. It has flavors of tomato, tequila, and citrus juices. Its spicy, sweet, citrusy, and smokey flavor will pair perfectly with sweet and fluffy bread.
- Bobby Flay Salsa – This salsa recipe is a beautiful combination of spicy and tangy notes. It’s so easy to make and is very healthy. Enjoy this refreshing salsa with fluffy and moist pumpkin bread and complete your snack.
- Bobby Flay Sausage Gravy – Serve this sausage gravy over sweet pumpkin bread. This savory and creamy sausage gravy is best to kick start your day. The best part is you can make this sausage gravy very easily and with a handful of ingredients.
Other Recipes To Try
So, it was all about Bobby Flay pumpkin bread recipe. This recipe is easy, flavorful, and perfect that you can make at home. All you have to do is to follow this guide thoroughly for the best flavors and textures.
Besides this, we have a lot of Bobby Flay’s recipes that you can try at home. Some of them are Bobby Flay Espresso Banana Bread Recipe, Bobby Flay Meatloaf Recipe, Bobby Flay Pizza Dough Recipe, Bobby Flay French Toast Recipe, and Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob Recipe.
Bobby Flay Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Loaf pan
- 1¾ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 3½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Begin by adding a cup of sugar to a bowl.
- Then, whisk one egg in a bowl.
- Drizzle a lug of olive oil in a bowl.
- Now, mix everything until thoroughly combined.
- Now is the time to prepare the base of the bread. For this, you will need to add a teaspoon of salt to two cups of flour.
- Next, stir in a teaspoon each of baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin spice and give it a good stir.
- Combine flour mixture with egg mixture for further processing.
- Now, mix in pumpkin puree to the batter.
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Fold in melted chocolate into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf tin lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the batter at 180°C for twenty minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Our Bobby Flay pumpkin bread is ready to serve!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you know if pumpkin bread is done?
When the bread puffs up, know that pumpkin bread is done.
How should pumpkin bread be stored?
You can store it in the refrigerator or an air-tight container for more than a week.
At what temperature is pumpkin bread done?
You can bake pumpkin bread at 350 degrees Fahrenheit temperature.
Why is my pumpkin bread too moist?
Pumpkin bread is made with all-purpose flour and baking powder. It makes the bread super moist.
What to serve with pumpkin bread?
You can enjoy pumpkin bread in puddings, chocolate dips, and ice creams.