Bobby Flay pulled pork recipe is easy to make. It’s a cut from delicious meat that tastes delicious. The pork pieces are cooked in oil on a roasting pan with seasoning and then roasted in the oven for hours to give you a tender meat experience. Here’s an instant recipe to help you make pulled pork.
To make Bobby flay pulled pork, start with making BBQ sauce. Heat oil in a pan, saute veggies, and make a sauce with tomato puree, ketchup, molasses, vinegar, mustard sauce, and peanut butter. Then prepare black vinaigrette sauce with vinegar, mustard sauce, honey, salt, and black pepper. Lastly, cook the pork with seasonings and BBQ sauce and serve with a bun. Drizzle black vinaigrette on the top, and you are done!
Don’t worry if you struggle at making your extra pork tender. Here is a secret tip for you: cook pork very slowly and get the juiciest pork. A second tip is to serve pulled pork with a variety of spicy, tangy, and sweet sauces. You will enjoy the sizzling taste of this alongside your pulled pork.
Whether you are planning a food party or BBQ, a simple pulled pork recipe will entice your guests. This Bobby Flay pulled pork recipe is crowd-pleasing. Serve with BBQ sauce and your favorite side dishes. Get the full recipe in this article, along with an equipment list and nutritional information. Check other Bobby Flay recipes here.
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Guacamole
- Bobby Flay Flank Steak
- Bobby Flay French Toast
- Bobby Flay Pumpkin Bread
- Bobby Flay Espresso Banana Bread
- Bobby Flay Eggplant Bolognese
- Bobby Flay Dill Pickle
- Bobby Flay Caramelized Onion Dip
- Bobby Flay Dry Rub
- Bobby Flay Pasta Bolognese
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Pulled Pork?
- Oven – Cook pork in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roasting Pan – Bring stock to boil in the roasting pan.
- Bowl – Make the vinaigrette in a bowl for drizzling over buns.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Pulled Pork?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|45 Minutes||4 Hours 45 Minutes||5 Hours 30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Pulled Pork?
- Pork Butt – Cut the meat of pork butt to make a flavorful pulled pork dish.
- Chicken Stock – Chicken stock adds a mild savory flavor and helps to tenderize the pork.
- Rice Vinegar – Rice vinegar has a sweet and acidic taste.
- Canola Oil – Heat canola oil in the roasting pan to saute onion and garlic.
- Water – Bring water to boil to make the sauce.
- Ketchup – Add ketchup to bring out sweet and tangy flavors in the sauce.
- Red Wine Vinegar – Red wine vinegar adds hot and robust flavors to the pork.
- Worcestershire Sauce – For a spicy and tangy flavor, add Worcestershire sauce to make BBQ sauce.
- Honey – Honey adds sweetness and enhances the flavor of BBQ sauce.
- Molasses – Molasses add smokey and warm flavors to the pulled pork.
- Canned Tomato Puree – Adding canned tomato puree to make BBQ sauce gives a deep tangy taste.
- Mustard Sauce – Mustard sauce brings out pungent, strong flavors to the BBQ sauce.
- Peanut Butter – Add peanut butter to make it nuttier and creamy.
- Jalapeno Peppers – Add jalapeno peppers while cooking pork for crunchy and juicy flavors.
- Buns – Serve pulled pork on the buns to enjoy the scrumptious pair.
- Onion – Add onion while cooking pork adding savory flavor.
- Garlic – Cook pork with garlic for an aromatic blend of flavors.
- Brown Sugar – Mix brown sugar in the BBQ sauce to make it thicker and also give a sweet taste.
- Ancho Chili Powder – Adding ancho chili powder to BBQ sauce brings out a hot smokey flavor.
- Pasilla Chili Powder – Pasilla chili powder adds a unique earthy and fruity flavor to the BBQ sauce.
- New Mexican Chili Powder – Add new Mexican chili powder to bring out earthy and sweet flavors to BBQ sauce.
- Salt – Balance the taste of BBQ sauce and vinaigrette with salt.
- Black Pepper – A pinch of black pepper to BBQ sauce and black vinaigrette is perfect for enhancing the flavor.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Pulled Pork
1. Prepare BBQ Sauce
Heat oil in the pan. Add onion and garlic and cook for three to four minutes. Then add ancho chili powder, new Mexican chili powder, and pasilla chili powder. Cook for a minute. Then add tomatoes and water, and bring to boil on high heat. Then simmer for another ten minutes on medium flame.
Cook until the sauce thickens. Add molasses, ketchup, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, mustard sauce, and peanut butter. Season with salt and black pepper.
Transfer the mixture to the blender and blend until the puree is smooth. Season with salt and black pepper and transfer to the bowl.
2. For the Black Pepper Vinaigrette
In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard sauce, honey, salt, and black pepper. Mix well. Set aside in the bowl.
3. Cook The Pork
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, heat the roasting pan and place pork on it. In a bowl, combine stock, BBQ sauce, jalapenos, onion, and garlic. Pour the mixture over the pork and season with salt and black pepper.
Cover the pan with foil and cook in the oven for four hours until the pork is tender.
4. Prepare Buns
Drain the meat from the liquid mixture and shred the meat into small pieces. Serve on buns and drizzle with black pepper vinaigrette. Pulled pork is ready.
|Total Fat||10.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||4.1 g|
How Will Bobby Flay Pulled Pork Look And Taste Like?
Bobby Flay pulled pork is a slow-cooked dish. It has a combination of meaty, smokey, and sweet flavors. The tender pork meat is full of flavor and seasoned with a variety of spices. To create a crispy crust on the outside, the meat is smoked over an open fire or in a smoker. There is a chewy texture inside, similar to bacon.
Bobby Flay Pulled Pork Recipe
- Roasting Pan
- 1 Pork Butt
- 3 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 8 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 3 cups Canned Tomato Puree
- 2 tablespoon Mustard Sauce
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers
- 8 Buns
- 1 Onion
- 6 Garlic
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Pasilla Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon New Mexican Chili Powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (a pinch)
- Heat oil in the pan. Saute onion and garlic for three minutes. Add all the chili powders and cook for a minute. Then, add tomatoes and water. Simmer for ten minutes to achieve the desired consistency.
- Cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add molasses, ketchup, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, mustard sauce, and peanut butter to the sauce. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Then transfer the mixture to the blender and make a fine puree. Season with salt and black pepper and transfer to the bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard sauce, honey, salt, and black pepper. Mix well. Black vinaigrette is ready.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, heat the roasting pan and place pork on it. In a bowl, combine stock, BBQ sauce, jalapenos, onion, and garlic. Pour the mixture over the pork and season with salt and black pepper.
- Cook the pork until tender in the oven for four hours, covered with foil.
- Drain the meat from the liquid mixture and shred the meat into bite-size pieces. Serve on buns and drizzle black pepper vinaigrette on the top.
- Pulled pork is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the secret to tender pulled pork?
While cooking in the oven, cover the pork with foil and cook slowly. This will make the meat juicier and tender.
What is the best cut of meat to make pulled pork out of?
Pork butt is the ideal cut of meat to make pulled pork.
How long does it take to cook pulled pork?
It takes approximately five hours to cook pulled pork.
Do you add water when making pulled pork?
Adding stock with BBQ sauce while making pulled pork is best.
Should you cover pulled pork in the oven?
Yes, I must cover pulled pork in the oven to cook in a better way.
Follow this simple recipe to make Bobby Flay tended, juicy pulled pork at home. Let us know how it goes in the comment section below.