Ever wondered about making a pasta sauce that is creamy, rich, and meaty? If yes, don’t miss out on Bobby Flay pasta bolognese recipe. It is thick, creamy, and full of flavors. Check out the entire recipe to know more.
Bolognese sauce can be tricky to prepare, but with these tips, you can easily prepare it. Start by cooking bacon, pork, and chuck in the pan. Then, merge onions, garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and rich spices. Simmer the sauce until it thickens. Serve the sauce over pasta and enjoy.
Bobby Flay pasta bolognese sauce recipe is a classic Italian sauce made with ground meat, tomatoes, and red wine. To emulsify the flavors, simmer the sauce for a few hours. Above all, this sauce can be used on pasta, pizza, or even as a dip.
This pasta Bolognese takes time, but it’s super easy. Simmer to perfection and serve this thick, tangy, rich sauce over your pasta. Follow the recipe instructions below and also get nutritional information. Refer to check out other Bobby Flay recipes.
Other Bobby Flay Recipes That You Can Try
- Bobby Flay Grilled Corn On The Cob
- Bobby Flay German Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Grilled Potato Salad
- Bobby Flay Sweet Potato Recipe
- Bobby Flay Fajitas
- Bobby Flay Red Velvet Cake
- Bobby Flay Sauteed Kale
- Bobby Flay Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Bobby Flay Parker House Roll Recipe
- Bobby Flay Sangria Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Pasta Bolognese?
- Dutch Oven – Cook pasta bolognese sauce in the dutch oven.
- Wooden Spoon – Stir sauce occasionally using a wooden spoon.
- Iron Skillet Pan – Cook meat until crisp in the iron skillet pan.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Pasta Bolognese?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Bobby Flay Pasta Bolognese?
- Ground Chuck – Take ground chuck to prepare pasta bolognese for more flavors.
- Ground Pork – Ground pork adds meaty flavors to the sauce.
- Bacon – Bacon chunks add rich texture to the pasta bolognese.
- Spaghetti Pasta – Pour pasta bolognese sauce on cooked spaghetti pasta to enjoy.
- Olive Oil – Heat olive oil in the dutch oven to cook veggies and sauce.
- Rose Wine – Rose wine is a classic choice for Bolognese. It adds fruity flavors to the bolognese sauce.
- Chicken Stock – To add savory flavors to Bolognese, add two cups of chicken stock.
- Tomato Paste – Two tablespoons of tomato paste gives Bolognese a tangy kick.
- Celery – Celery brings an earthiness to pasta bolognese sauce.
- Fennel – Add strong flavors to the pasta bolognese sauce with fennel.
- Red Onion – Upgrade sauce flavor with red onion. Get a spicy to mild taste in your sauce.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes add a tangy flavor and thick texture to the Bolognese.
- Garlic – Garlic provides piquant flavors to Bolognese.
- Oregano – Oregano creates a nice aroma in bolognese sauce.
- Parsley – Dried herbs like parsley are best to add freshness to the sauce.
- Salt – A pinch of salt to balance the spicy and tangy flavors of the bolognese sauce.
- Black Pepper – A dash of black pepper adds a spicy and strong taste to the Bolognese.
Steps To Make Bobby Flay Pasta Bolognese
1. Cook Meat
In a large saute pan, cook the bacon over medium heat for eight to ten minutes. Once the bacon is crispy, remove it with a slotted spoon, and transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate. At the same time, cook spaghetti pasta in a pot filled with water.
Stirring occasionally, cook the chuck and pork in the same pan over high heat until golden brown, about ten minutes. Remove the excess fat from the pan. Season with the fennel, chile flakes, salt, and pepper.
2. Prepare Sauce
Heat oil in the dutch oven. Then add celery, fennel seeds, onion, and carrots. Cook for five minutes on medium flame. Then add garlic and cook for a minute.
Add tomato paste and ground fennel. Mix well—Cook for a minute. Then add wine and cook for three minutes until reduced to half. Then add tomatoes and chicken stock to the pan.
Using a wooden spoon, smash the tomatoes and season with salt and black pepper. Cook until the sauce thickens. It will take about fifteen minutes.
3. Season and Serve
Place the cooked spaghetti on the plate. Pour the Bobby Flay pasta Bolognese sauce and season it with dried herbs like parsley and oregano. Serve to enjoy!
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||4.5 g|
How Will Bobby Flay Pasta Bolognese Look And Taste Like?
The texture of the pasta bolognese sauce is thick and creamy. This red hot Bobby Flay pasta bolognese sauce has a sweet tang taste from tomatoes and a spice kick with various spices and dried herbs.
Bobby Flay Pasta Bolognese Recipe
- 1.5 pound Ground Chuck
- 1/2 pound Ground Pork
- 8 oz Bacon
- 2 oz Spaghetti Pasta
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 cup Rose Wine
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 stalk Celery
- 1 bulb Fennel
- 1 Red Onion
- 28 oz Tomatoes
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (a pinch)
- Cook the bacon in a large saute pan over medium heat. The fat will render, and the bacon will crisp for eight to ten minutes. Transfer the bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- In the same pan, cook chuck and pork over high heat, occasionally stirring, until golden brown, about ten minutes. Drain the excess fat from the pan. Season with the fennel, chile flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven and add celery, fennel seeds, onion, carrot, and garlic—Cook for five minutes on medium flame.
- Now add tomato paste and ground fennel for flavor. Mix well. Cook for a minute.
- Add rose wine and cook for three minutes until reduced to half. After that, add tomatoes and chicken stock to the pan.
- In a pan, smash the tomatoes. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook for fifteen minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Place the cooked spaghetti on the plate. Pour the pasta Bolognese sauce over it.
- Season with dried herbs like parsley and oregano.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper.
- Bobby Flay pasta Bolognese sauce is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the difference between Bolognese sauce and pasta sauce?
Pasta sauce uses mostly canned tomatoes. In contrast, bolognese sauce uses fresh tomatoes, tomato paste, ground meat, and rose wine for flavors.
What is Bolognese meat sauce made of?
Bolognese meat sauce comprises beef, pork, chuck, tomato paste, tomatoes, onion, garlic, dried herbs, spices, and wine.
What can I add to Bolognese sauce for flavor?
Add dried herbs and spices to add flavors to the bolognese sauce.
How do you thicken a Bolognese sauce?
You can add cornstarch or flour to make the bolognese sauce thicken.
Why is Bolognese so good?
Bolognese pasta is good because it’s a rich, creamy, and meaty sauce perfect for your pasta.
Who doesn’t love pasta with homemade sauce? Try this Bobby Flay pasta bolognese recipe at home.